• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you remember me telling you that if you challenged anyone to anymore bets...I'm going to ban you?

I do.

I'll bet everyone else does too.
interesting read from ESPN.....

Ranking, projecting every team's picks in 2017 draft

Rockets' Daryl Morey believes Lakers' Magic Johnson, Rob Pelinka are 'well prepared' for success: Much has been made of the lack of front-office experience in the Lakers’ overhauled basketball operations department, but at least one rival NBA general manager believes Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka have what it takes to steer the franchise back into contention. Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey has known one of the two men for years but only recently met the other. -- The Orange County Register

I actually respect Morey's opinion a lot--- one of the ultimate "moneyballers" in sports....an absolute A+ analytics guy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope they played last night but still this is not the time to rest anyone. Sorry but I'm not risking falling down to 7th and facing GS or SAS in round 1. I'll much rather go after 4th/stay 5th and play Utah.
thats a good point--- they have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way out though....tough games against CLE and SAS- and WASH and HOU

but a lot of pushovers there too- Dallas twice, Suns, Lakers twice, Sacramento, Knicks. etc....

id think they would be able to go 8-5 without much luck.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL- if every team LeBron shredded was a poor defensive team no one would be a good defensive team in teh history of the NBA.

3rd in defensive efficiency, 1st in points per game- and on track for 50 wins in the West?

if Gobert, Draymond and Kawhi Leonard arent in your top 3 for DPOY- you are just wrong. Ill guarantee you thats the voting in some order.

I think Kawhi gets it--- then I have no clue between Draymond and Gobert for 2nd- thats a coin flip as far asi am concerned.

How much resistance did Gobert offer?
Maybe he felt James was too physical for his boney body?
Was James ever fouled, let alone touched?
It was a layup drill.
Try that against Whiteside.
It will be a 'you better get your teammates to help you up off the wood drill'.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a good point--- they have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way out though....tough games against CLE and SAS- and WASH and HOU

but a lot of pushovers there too- Dallas twice, Suns, Lakers twice, Sacramento, Knicks. etc....

Dallas is far from a pushover. They beat Washington, OKC, and Memphis in this month alone.

After tonight there are 13 games left for the clippers and I'll say 7 of them looks challenging on paper.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you agree with it or not, the fact is that stats are the main thing looked at for MVP. Statistically speaking Westbrook and Harden are having better seasons and Westbrook is on the verge of making history.

When Lebron doesn't win it, you can come on here and tell us all about how the voters got it wrong and how you had Lebron as your MVP. But it still won't give him the trophy.

Yeah, I'm already aware that my vote doesn't decide who gets it. I thought this was a sports talk board where we gave opinions and stuff.

I know how it works. I know RW or Harden are getting it. Just saying, LeBron should have about 6 right now. People hate that guy so much, they are missing the fact that they are watching a Jordan-level talent in his prime.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you remember me telling you that if you challenged anyone to anymore bets...I'm going to ban you?

I do.

I'll bet everyone else does too.

He should be banned for then not agreeing to accept the bèt he proposed, but don't.
He might hang himself on facebook live shouting your screen name.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago is done--- traded Gibson- and now WAde gone for the regular season

Is this the end for Wade and the Bulls? Should it be?

pack it in. Its over....they wont be getting their Kings pick either. lol

the Cavs originally had that pick too- for JJ Hickson......

Some people believe Wade may actually stay in Chicago (why? I don't know) possibly due to his injury. He's not going to get $25 mil from another team and this is his last big money year. Dude's got 3 kids (one of which is his nephew), a psycho ex-wife/baby momma and a Hollywood wife.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people believe Wade may actually stay in Chicago (why? I don't know) possibly due to his injury. He's not going to get $25 mil from another team and this is his last big money year. Dude's got 3 kids (one of which is his nephew), a psycho ex-wife/baby momma and a Hollywood wife.
yah that would be a gamble for him to turn that down- but in a world where Luol Deng can get 18M a year for 4 years- or Joakin Noah can get 72M over 4 years- you just never know.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess Riley didn't lose his fastball there.
Wade would have destroyed the growth of this years team and prob cost us Dragic.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So- the last time a player won the MVP award with a similar record to Russell Westbrooks Oklahoma City Thunder was Moses Malone in the '81-'82 season.

Which- was just over 35 years ago.

But it has happened, and will likely happen again.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope they played last night but still this is not the time to rest anyone. Sorry but I'm not risking falling down to 7th and facing GS or SAS in round 1. I'll much rather go after 4th/stay 5th and play Utah.
Gotta be the most retarded shit ever.

Does Doc not want to play the Jazz?

#ClippersGonnaClip

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah that would be a gamble for him to turn that down- but in a world where Luol Deng can get 18M a year for 4 years- or Joakin Noah can get 72M over 4 years- you just never know.

Knicks are out of cash.
Lakers hired Magic.
Wade either takes the Bulls cash, or works something out with the Cavs.
My guess is he tries to do both.
Start with Bulls, then go for the buyout.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill tell ya

so soon after a draft- you usually cant pick out the future all stars...

but the draft from 2 years ago has some serious high end talent.

Towns, Booker, Jokic, Porzingis all look to be guys who can/will make multiple All Star teams- i think the oldest one of them is 21 years old too. Myles Turner looks like a future al lstar too- but not on the level of those 4.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be the most retarded shit ever.

Does Doc not want to play the Jazz?

#ClippersGonnaClip

Maybe he wanted Blake and DJ to turn up for Blake's 28th birthday today. It's the only possible reason imo

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting read from ESPN.....

Ranking, projecting every team's picks in 2017 draft

Rockets' Daryl Morey believes Lakers' Magic Johnson, Rob Pelinka are 'well prepared' for success: Much has been made of the lack of front-office experience in the Lakers’ overhauled basketball operations department, but at least one rival NBA general manager believes Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka have what it takes to steer the franchise back into contention. Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey has known one of the two men for years but only recently met the other. -- The Orange County Register

I actually respect Morey's opinion a lot--- one of the ultimate "moneyballers" in sports....an absolute A+ analytics guy.

Yeah, I read it. Good article. I like a lot of what the Lakers are saying about how things will be run. It has a very "Dr. Buss feel" to it. Which makes sense since Jeanie is the one who worked longest and closest with him and Magic considered him a 2nd father. However, talking about it is one thing, now they have to get it done.

Now, about the question in the post you quoted...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca , just the daily update that you're welcome on the Heat wagon anytime. ;)
My pen is out of ink.

Is it cool if I use 20 years worth of tears?

nba-bandwagon-transfer-form-570x604.jpg

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm already aware that my vote doesn't decide who gets it. I thought this was a sports talk board where we gave opinions and stuff.

I know how it works. I know RW or Harden are getting it. Just saying, LeBron should have about 6 right now. People hate that guy so much, they are missing the fact that they are watching a Jordan-level talent in his prime.

Lebron is pretty popular, outside of a few weirdos on this board

But you are right lebron should have it almost every year, he could take the same teams rw and harden have further in the playoffs and has done more with much less

Not to mention he is the better overall player

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is pretty popular, outside of a few weirdos on this board

But you are right lebron should have it almost every year, he could take the same teams rw and harden have further in the playoffs and has done more with much less

Not to mention he is the better overall player

Well, this board isn't the only place with James haters. He's pretty polarizing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it has happened, and will likely happen again.
yah- def not impossible- just improbable

we shall see--- trust me- id be more than happy if RW won the award- hes my fav. non-Cav in the entire league.

but i just dont feel it right giving it to a guy who is a half game back of the 7 seed right now.

if he gets up to the 5th seed----i think that would help his case quite a bit. It truly is amazing what he is doing. its not like his supproting cast is that great

Status
Not open for further replies.