• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, Gobert APG is not 1.5

It is 1.2

Who cares about that?
Heat has shooters all over the court.
When Whiteside is passed the ball, it's almost always in a position where he should shoot it.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're too much.
I know another guy whose leading the league in rebounds, and was the leading shot blocker my a mile not very long ago.

One to you is the second coming of Christ, the other should be blackballed.
He's not averaging 1.2 APG though, he sucks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're too much.
I know another guy whose leading the league in rebounds, and was the leading shot blocker my a mile not very long ago.

One to you is the second coming of Christ, the other should be blackballed.
well- one heads the best defense in the league on a team headed for a 50 win season in the West......not only that- but he isnt for shit on offense- as he is shooting a totally insane 65.3% from the field.

thats bonkers......the only guy ahead of him is probably the other best rim protector in the game- DeAndre Jordan.

The plus side to those guys is- at least they know their limitations- and despite shrinking the floor on the offensive side- at least somewhat make up for it with just AMAZING efficiency.

i mean - shit DeAndre Jordan is shooting 70% from the field!!! LOL...Gobert at 65%! thats how you win games- with guys that know their roles like that.

You wont see those guys posting up and taking stupid shots thats for sure- they take what they can get.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about that?
Heat has shooters all over the court.
When Whiteside is passed the ball, it's almost always in a position where he should shoot it.

Exactly I never cared about assist numbers for centers. He is not getting the ball at the top of the key.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudy Gobert actually leads the ENTIRE NBA in points per shot....i had no clue....thats kinda crazy....DeAndre is #2..

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well- one heads the best defense in the league on a team headed for a 50 win season in the West......not only that- but he isnt for shit on offense- as he is shooting a totally insane 65.3% from the field.

thats bonkers......the only guy ahead of him is probably the other best rim protector in the game- DeAndre Jordan.

The plus side to those guys is- at least they know their limitations- and despite shrinking the floor on the offensive side- at least somewhat make up for it with just AMAZING efficiency.

i mean - shit DeAndre Jordan is shooting 70% from the field!!! LOL...Gobert at 65%! thats how you win games- with guys that know their roles like that.

You wont see those guys posting up and taking stupid shots thats for sure- they take what they can get.

When does he ever just not dunk or score on putbacks?
Whiteside will attempt/ miss outside shots, so all things being equal, he'll shooter a lower %.
I have no problem with most of the shots he takes, because even if he misses, he's close , and trying to improve his overall game.
Of course you wouldn't know that because you don't watch games.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Stop making up shit. Utah is not the best defensive team in the league. Golden State has the best DEF rating and hold opponents to the lowest shooting % which are the best two ways to judge defense. Spurs are 2nd in DEF rating.

2) If you're a center and you can't post up as you're saying Gobert and Jordan can't then I don't want you on my basketball team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope Ky and Shump were just taken our for precationary reasons- if the fucking CAvs just get Love and Smith back - and have to lose one or both of those guys for a week or two im gonna be pissed.

Well - scratch that- if they gave Kyrie a week off- id be fine with that- it would prob be better in the long run---- but shit- I dont like Shump having a hsoulder injury- thats what got him 2 years ago as well and he never got right...he was playing but could barely lift his arm over his head by the end of the Finals.

What a difference Kevin Love makes. There is a reason why this guy is a 4 time all star and just might be the best big man in the whole Eastern Conference. He has such a diverse and well rounded game. He can shoot, hes a great passer, hes an absolutely elite rebounder- and he is a very intelligent player. Plus- i mean- those outlet passes are so much fun to watch.

that is an underated aspect about this Clevleand team- all 3 of the big 3 are just so much fun to watch.

Kevin Love's middle name is Wesley- after Wes Unseld---- and appropriately- he is the best big man outlet passer since Wes Unseld. Watching those full court passes is just incredible.

So lucky to have him and Kyrie locked up long term at barely 40M a year COMBINED.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudy Gobert actually leads the ENTIRE NBA in points per shot....i had no clue....thats kinda crazy....DeAndre is #2..

And in the 4th qtr they were running their offense through Ingles.
I'm not saying Gobert isn't good, because he is, but Whiteside does many things as good or better, plus the physical size and strength between the two isn't even close.

Also, please shove your good teammate and work ethic stuff up your ass already.
Spoelstra is about an honest of an interview as you'll ever get and he does nothing but rave about what Whiteside is doing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Stop making up shit. Utah is not the best defensive team in the league. Golden State has the best DEF rating and hold opponents to the lowest shooting % which are the best two ways to judge defense. Spurs are 2nd in DEF rating.

2) If you're a center and you can't post up as you're saying Gobert and Jordan can't then I don't want you on my basketball team.
I think they are after watching them....they are 3rd in defensive efficiency as i already remarked- but damn...only give up 96.3 points per game.

Id prob still give the edge to Leonard and Draymond- but I cant see how anyone with half a brain would not have Draymond, Rudy and Kawhi as a lock for the top 3 for DPOY... want an easy bet? thats one right there! lol.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does he ever just not dunk or score on putbacks?
Whiteside will attempt/ miss outside shots, so all things being equal, he'll shooter a lower %.
I have no problem with most of the shots he takes, because even if he misses, he's close , and trying to improve his overall game.
Of course you wouldn't know that because you don't watch games.

Exactly. I have no issues with Hassan shot selection. Those guys shooting % are high because most of their points come on dunks or putbacks off an offensive rebound or something. The Heat actually give Hassan the ball and let him post up and go to work so obviously when all your shots are not dunk attempts, the shooting % will be lower. Usually when you post up and not just scoring off dunks/putbacks then you will have lower numbers. Just look at Shaq fg % and he is the Most Dominant Center in at least the last 30 years.

He never shot over above 58% in all his years with Lakers in the middle of his prime.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope Ky and Shump were just taken our for precationary reasons- if the fucking CAvs just get Love and Smith back - and have to lose one or both of those guys for a week or two im gonna be pissed.

Well - scratch that- if they gave Kyrie a week off- id be fine with that- it would prob be better in the long run---- but shit- I dont like Shump having a hsoulder injury- thats what got him 2 years ago as well and he never got right...he was playing but could barely lift his arm over his head by the end of the Finals.

What a difference Kevin Love makes. There is a reason why this guy is a 4 time all star and just might be the best big man in the whole Eastern Conference. He has such a diverse and well rounded game. He can shoot, hes a great passer, hes an absolutely elite rebounder- and he is a very intelligent player. Plus- i mean- those outlet passes are so much fun to watch.

that is an underated aspect about this Clevleand team- all 3 of the big 3 are just so much fun to watch.

Kevin Love's middle name is Wesley- after Wes Unseld---- and appropriately- he is the best big man outlet passer since Wes Unseld. Watching those full court passes is just incredible.

So lucky to have him and Kyrie locked up long term at barely 40M a year COMBINED.

Kyrie good to go next game, Shump day to day.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto sure looks like they will be the #4 seed in the East.....hmmm......I can live with seeing Toronto or the HAwks in the 2nd round---- would prefer the Hawks- but you cant always get what you want. Nice job by OKC to beat up on Toronto....all though- No Kyle Lowry.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

guy DOES love hearing himself talk. guess that means the bet is on...oh wait...:lol:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are after watching them....they are 3rd in defensive efficiency as i already remarked- but damn...only give up 96.3 points per game.

Id prob still give the edge to Leonard and Draymond- but I cant see how anyone with half a brain would not have Draymond, Rudy and Kawhi as a lock for the top 3 for DPOY... want an easy bet? thats one right there! lol.

They give up 96.3 PPG because of the slow pace they play at which is exactly why people prefer DEF EFF because it is PPG allowed per 100 possessions. Utah play at the slowest pace in the league so no surprise they give up the fewest points. Slower pace obviously means less possessions and less scoring

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron shredded them for 12 straight minutes.
Gobert was a total non factor down the stretch.
Correct?
In the 3rd he was having a dunk fest over Tristan, but that's not very impressive.
James saw it, like everyone else, and won the game by himself.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They give up 96.3 PPG because of the slow pace they play at which is exactly why people prefer DEF EFF because it is PPG allowed per 100 possessions. Utah play at the slowest pace in the league so no surprise they give up the fewest points. Slower pace obviously means less possessions and less scoring

I know you can just as easily say this to me, but you're wasting your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.