• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I read it. Good article. I like a lot of what the Lakers are saying about how things will be run. It has a very "Dr. Buss feel" to it. Which makes sense since Jeanie is the one who worked longest and closest with him and Magic considered him a 2nd father. However, talking about it is one thing, now they have to get it done.

Now, about the question in the post you quoted
Dude is the Neo of avoidance...lol

matrix-smith-dodging-bullets-o.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs with only 10 turnovers tonight against an elite defensive team like the Jazz- of course Bron has 6 of them. lol.....shame on him!

A nice win.

lets hope they keep it up in LA.

wonder if they will be partying after the Clips game? in LA for the night with playing the Lakers at 9 30 pm the next day...

id expect/hope LeBron to be hungover on the bench for that one. lol...

and if Jr Smith DOES play that game--- if there is a prop bet on his shooting percentage TAKE THE UNDER.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm already aware that my vote doesn't decide who gets it. I thought this was a sports talk board where we gave opinions and stuff.

I know how it works. I know RW or Harden are getting it. Just saying, LeBron should have about 6 right now. People hate that guy so much, they are missing the fact that they are watching a Jordan-level talent in his prime.

Don't get me wrong. I think Lebron is the best player in the game and if the NBA did what I've felt they should do for years and had Most Outstanding Player award along with MVP, Lebron would have won it so many times in a row by now, they'd be talking about naming it after him while he's still playing.

As for the hate, Lebron brings it on himself, so I have no sympathy for him. However, I also have eyes and understand that he is a generational player and an all time great. I've always criticized Lebron for the stupid bullshit he does and says, but I've never questioned his greatness as a player.

As for this being a message board...smartassery is part of it too and according to my wife...I'm a smartass. lol

Last edited:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs with only 10 turnovers tonight against an elite defensive team like the Jazz- of course Bron has 6 of them. lol.....shame on him!

A nice win.

lets hope they keep it up in LA.

wonder if they will be partying after the Clips game? in LA for the night with playing the Lakers at 9 30 pm the next day...

id expect/hope LeBron to be hungover on the bench for that one. lol...

and if Jr Smith DOES play that game--- if there is a prop bet on his shooting percentage TAKE THE UNDER.
What happened to Kyrie?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is pretty popular, outside of a few weirdos on this board

But you are right lebron should have it almost every year, he could take the same teams rw and harden have further in the playoffs and has done more with much less

Not to mention he is the better overall player
oh yah

LeBron is by far the most popular active basketball player in the United States---- shit- he makes like a 100M a year from Nike- and the next closest is Durant with 30 million.....its not even a contest.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Kyrie?
"knee tightness"????

waiting to see what the deal is-

I wouldnt be against sitting him for a week even if he was fully healthy- with something like that- sit him and let him get everything straight for the REAL season to come.

Im just fucking pissed that as soon as the Cavs are almost fully healthy- they have set backs with Shump and Kyrie

when are they finally going to get this whole team together and on the court at the same time? Its maddening.

maybe i should complain about how great the Cavs record would be if we could turn injuries off like NBA 2k.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks are out of cash.
Lakers hired Magic.
Wade either takes the Bulls cash, or works something out with the Cavs.
My guess is he tries to do both.
Start with Bulls, then go for the buyout.

I'm willing to bet that by the trade deadline his contract is bought out and is a Cav.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"knee tightness"????

waiting to see what the deal is-

I wouldnt be against sitting him for a week even if he was fully healthy- with something like that- sit him and let him get everything straight for the REAL season to come.
Yeah, you gotta get him healthy by the 2nd round.

If you draw the Pistons or Bucks in the opening round, you'll be fine.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah

LeBron is by far the most popular active basketball player in the United States---- shit- he makes like a 100M a year from Nike- and the next closest is Durant with 30 million.....its not even a contest.

It's possible to be the most popular and most hated at the same time.

Just ask Kobe.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is actually 4th in the league in scoring since the ASB

Isiah Thomas has predictably started falling since the ASB in that category - now he is sitting out 2 games iwth a bone bruise. Its awful hard to take as many fouls he does, and go to the floor as many times as he does- at his size- and still expect to shoot double digit free throws a game and play 34 minutes a game every night.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah- def not impossible- just improbable

we shall see--- trust me- id be more than happy if RW won the award- hes my fav. non-Cav in the entire league.

but i just dont feel it right giving it to a guy who is a half game back of the 7 seed right now.

if he gets up to the 5th seed----i think that would help his case quite a bit. It truly is amazing what he is doing. its not like his supproting cast is that great
I think Kawhi will have a great chance to win DPOY and MVP if the Spurs can grab the top seed.

If not, Harden or Westbrook will win.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is actually 4th in the league in scoring since the ASB

Isiah Thomas has predictably started falling since the ASB in that category - now he is sitting out 2 games iwth a bone bruise. Its awful hard to take as many fouls he does, and go to the floor as many times as he does- at his size- and still expect to shoot double digit free throws a game and play 34 minutes a game every night.
Horford's improved stats probably has a bit to do with his numbers dropping.

Plus, Bradley is healthy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet that by the trade deadline his contract is bought out and is a Cav.
the Bulls hate the Cavs- wont do them any favors....though- i can get my hopes i guess.

if you signed Dwade off the street next year if he is bought out by chicago- does he just become your starting 2 guard ?

i dunno---- him, KI in the same back court starting just doesnt do it for me.....id send him to the bench for punch off of it- and leave a spacer and better 2 way player like JR in.

I know everyone loves to rip KLoves defense- but is defensive rebounding brings real value. The Cavs dont arent an NBA season worst -15 on offensive rebounding (or whatever it was- if not that close to that) against the Rockets if Klove is out there thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.