• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- forgive me- but thisw as your own quote

"There are no built-in excuses here for the Warriors.

In the grand scheme of things, the Warriors have an entirely similar team without KD, to the one they had when they won the ship in 2015. They replaced one Barnes for another. They still could go 9 deep in the playoffs with quality players. They still have Steph, Klay and Draymond.

The biggest concern for me isn't Durant's injury. It's that the Warriors are only 4 games up on the Spurs for HCA. The Warriors will absolutely need that this year because of the injury to Durant."

Your bold point proves my point. There are no built in excuses for the team, meaning that I will bet on the Warriors to still go further than the Cavs, without any knowledge of what could happen.

Yet for some reason you always want to make excuses. You just proved my point, genius.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your bold point proves my point. There are no built in excuses for the team, meaning that I will bet on the Warriors to still go further than the Cavs, without any knowledge of what could happen.

Yet for some reason you always want to make excuses. You just proved my point, genius.

His bold point proved what we already knew. You're a man and he's a little pussy. Nothing to see here. Dude is the biggest bitch on here.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just amazing to me- that i was the one who actually DID bet on the Cavs last year in the Finals- while @TurnUpTheHeat is afraid to bet on the Heat vs. the CAvs- not even for the Cavs to win- but for Miami to simply win 2 games- and somehow i wont back it up and he does?

its why none of this is taken seriously because there is absolutely zero credibility behind it.

You miss this yesterday?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well- if am just using my brain and my ability to read- I have read that Durant had a hyperextended knee and he is likely to be back on the court before the end of the regular season.

I mean- am i wrong about that?

should i be worried about a nebulous set back by Kevin Love since he had knee surgery a month ago- and totally ignore the prognosis thats based in fact and say- WELL HE MIGHT BE OUT FOR THE WHOLE SEASON! WE JUST DONT KNOW- just because it makes my point look better? should i frame it as WE JUST DONT KNOW- when we probably do know if you have the ability to read?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well- if am just using my brain and my ability to read- I have read that Durant had a hyperextended knee and he is likely to be back on the court before the end of the regular season.

I mean- am i wrong about that?

should i be worried about a nebulous set back by Kevin Love since he had knee surgery a month ago- and totally ignore the prognosis thats based in fact and say- WELL HE MIGHT BE OUT FOR THE WHOLE SEASON! WE JUST DONT KNOW- just because it makes my point look better? should i frame it as WE JUST DONT KNOW- when we probably do know if you have the ability to read?

I just read Kevin Love is set to return to the starting lineup tonight. So what's your complaint now?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean- use your brain

do you think Vegas would have the Warriors at -150- the same team that barely beat the Sixers on their home floor the other night without Durant? if they thought Durant was going to be out? cmon....at least try and make a genuine argument if you are goingto bring this bullshit.

I read that Kyrie stubbed his toe last night... imean...we just dont know...it could become infected...that kind of uncertainty is just too much for me to handle!!! LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- if i actually thought Durant would be out for the NBA Finals- id take the bet in a second- its obvious the gutting of the Warriors bench has neutered the team without Durant.....they dont get out of the West without Durant- yet Vegas has them at -150 to win it all....

hmmmmm....that SHOULD be a fairly determinative sign if you have even a partially functional brain.

If Durant isnt playing in the NBA Finals against the Cavs no one in their right mind would pick the Warriors- the Warriors would be gutted like a fish.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- use your brain

do you think Vegas would have the Warriors at -150- the same team that barely beat the Sixers on their home floor the other night without Durant? if they thought Durant was going to be out? cmon....at least try and make a genuine argument if you are goingto bring this bullshit.

I read that Kyrie stubbed his toe last night... imean...we just dont know...it could become infected...that kind of uncertainty is just too much for me to handle!!! LOL.

Do you even understand how betting works?

Let me clear things up for you. Vegas doesn't set a line based on how much of a favorite the team is, they set it based on betting tendencies. In a perfect world, Vegas would have equal bets on both sides meaning that they automatically win by collecting the vig.

What it means is that they have a ton of money that people bet, now, and PREVIOUS, to the Durant injury on the Warriors. What they're doing is offering odds on the Cavs to help balance that bet.

The line is constantly moving because it accounts for bets that are in previous and takes into account new money coming in. If people start betting heavily on the Cavs, you'll see their underdog status decrease and the Warriors being "favorites" decreased.

Learn something before you just spew stuff off the top of your head about Vegas and oddsmaking.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh- a game between 2 largely irrelevant teams with no chance to make any noise once the real season begins doesnt really spark my interest.

Im pretty sure it would have if Whiteside didnt outplay both Cousins snd AD.

Youre just a coward.

Maybe post the standings again.

#yellow

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me clear things up for you. Vegas doesn't set a line based on how much of a favorite the team is, they set it based on betting tendencies. In a perfect world, Vegas would have equal bets on both sides meaning that they automatically win by collecting the vig.

What it means is that they have a ton of money that people bet, now, and PREVIOUS, to the Durant injury on the Warriors. What they're doing is offering odds on the Cavs to help balance that bet.

The line is constantly moving because it accounts for bets that are in previous and takes into account new money coming in. If people start betting heavily on the Cavs, you'll see their underdog status decrease and the Warriors being "favorites" decreased.

Learn something before you just spew stuff off the top of your head about Vegas and oddsmaking.
EXACTLY- you dont think the sharps move that line if there was info out there that Durant wasnt going to play

cmon.....use some common sense if you have any. Ill bet you whatever you want that Kevin Durant plays in a regular season game before the end of THIS season. Its just common sense if you can actually READ.

although- i am TERRIFIEd---- Kyrie's stubbed toe... i mean- he had a toe injur in college too- it could become infected...he could bump it again, it might even get stepped on!!!! GOD FORBID!!!

its just too much uncertainty for me man....lol.....

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- have you read one thing i have written in the last 2 dozen pages? I think the Warriors are the favorites for a reason- they have more talent then the Cavs- and over the last week i have written over and over that the team with more high end talent wins.

Now- if the Cavs make the Finals and all their principal players are healthy- ill without a doubt make a bet for them to win for fun even though they will be clear underdogs JUST LIKE LAST YEAR- if you want to be the one that takes it- ill give you the right of first refusal.

The Warriors have 4- of what i would rank top 15 players in the entire league....

Cavs have #1, like somewhere between #12-#15---- and prob about #25...in the league.....

Cavs have a deeper bench no doubt- but that just doesnt mean as much in the playoffs.

i mean- there is a reason the Warriors are -150 and the CAvs are plus +325 to win the Finals. Right?
:lol: So, it's a no then?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ill tell ya what- ill take your bet- but if durant plays before the end of the regular season- its voidable, and i get to pick your avatar for 1 day- deal? thats how confident i am he willb e back MONTHS before the Finals start.

i mean- clearly you dont make the offer if you dont think he is gonna be back- the Warriors have no shot without him. Youk now that- i know that- everyone knows that. They would be gutted by the Cavs without him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. So the fact the Warriors don't even know the health status of your self proclaimed best player on the Warriors, doesn't give you enough confidence to bet your team against mine? LOOOOOL.
:10:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh- a game between 2 largely irrelevant teams with no chance to make any noise once the real season begins doesnt really spark my interest.

Where do you rank AD and Cousins, league wide?
Roughly.
Both top 10?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you rank AD and Cousins, league wide?
Roughly.
Both top 10?
im gonna throw a hissy fit and threaten to ignore you like you did to me a couple weeks ago because you are such a big chicken shit....lol "team no one wants to play" bahahahahahaha

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just amazing to me- that i was the one who actually DID bet on the Cavs last year in the Finals- while @TurnUpTheHeat is afraid to bet on the Heat vs. the CAvs- not even for the Cavs to win- but for Miami to simply win 2 games- and somehow i wont back it up and he does?

its why none of this is taken seriously because there is absolutely zero credibility behind it.
That was last year. Kindly move into the present & put up or shut up about who's a coward.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they dont know the health status of Durant? I could have swore i read he would be back before the start oft he playoffs- over 2 whole months before the Finals start- HAve i missed a report on him that you are privy too? if so spill the beans...if you know something we dont why dont you share....
deflection at it's best....

Status
Not open for further replies.