• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Harder, not impossible.

I just worry about them having anything left when they face the Cavs.
If they stay in the #1 spot they should be fine by the time they reach the Finals. On that lower bracket though they will be tested.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to bet the Warriors will win the championship with anyone for any stakes.

Caveat:
Warriors must be fully healthy
Warriors must have home court advantage
Warriors must be given a +15 point spread in any game
Warriors must not have Scott Foster referee any of their games
Warriors must have at least 2 additional days of rest than their opponent
Warriors must have at least 30% fan base at the traveling arena
Warriors opponent can't take any shots within 32.5 feet of the basket
Warriors opponent must play with a 4 second shot clock.

Otherwise, BRING IT ON BITCHES.
uh yah---- did i ever say anything BUT health? nice try though---- you better hope Durant doesnt have any set backs because if he does this Warriors dynasty is gonna be over before it even starts. lol.

looks like Steph has come back from the clouds.

How dumb do people look who actually tried to say he had eclipsed LeBron as the leagues best player? Hes not even the best on his team anymore. lol.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Harder, not impossible.

I just worry about them having anything left when they face the Cavs.

oh i understand...

it's kinda how one of the guys i used to post with back on CBS used to put it. he described the playoffs as a "war of attrition". a grind in no uncertain terms...

#iswhatitis

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to bet the Warriors will win the championship with anyone for any stakes.

Caveat:
Warriors must be fully healthy
Warriors must have home court advantage
Warriors must be given a +15 point spread in any game
Warriors must not have Scott Foster referee any of their games
Warriors must have at least 2 additional days of rest than their opponent
Warriors must have at least 30% fan base at the traveling arena
Warriors opponent can't take any shots within 32.5 feet of the basket
Warriors opponent must play with a 4 second shot clock.

Otherwise, BRING IT ON BITCHES.

LMAO dude is a joke. You would think we're betting him $500. It's a message board bet. Man up

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i understand...

it's kinda how one of the guys i used to post with back on CBS used to put it. he described the playoffs as a "war of attrition". a grind in no uncertain terms...

#iswhatitis
Im just glad the Cavs have a lot easier road- esp. if the Warriors get the 2 seed and have to play a real team like OKC in the first round, and the Cavs get to play a creampuff like the Heat or Pistons in the first round.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO dude is a joke. You would think we're betting him $500. It's a message board bet. Man up
well thats why i bet on the Cavs last year in teh finals despite them being underdogs. I actually had the balls to back my team- unlike your buddy @TurnUpTheHeat who has to attach OTHER bets on to his bet. Thats what you call CHICKEN SHIT. lol.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh yah---- did i ever say anything BUT health? nice try though---- you better hope Durant doesnt have any set backs because if he does this Warriors dynasty is gonna be over before it even starts. lol.

looks like Steph has come back from the clouds.

How dumb do people look who actually tried to say he had eclipsed LeBron as the leagues best player? Hes not even the best on his team anymore. lol.

I'm pretty sure you're missing the point of his sarcasm...but I'm not surprised!

And being a Cavs fan you would know more than any other what it feels like to be teetering on the edge of contention based on your best player being healthy. But the difference is the Dubs would be a better team without KD than the Cavs without LBJ.

And before you try to argue this point- remember, we have all those win/lose stats from previous seasons as proof.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well thats why i bet on the Cavs last year in teh finals despite them being underdogs. I actually had the balls to back my team- unlike your buddy @TurnUpTheHeat who has to attach OTHER bets on to his bet. Thats what you call CHICKEN SHIT. lol.

You say you bet but there's no proof other than your word. What was noticeable though is that you were conspicuously absent until the Cavs had momentum back on their side in the finals. Just saying...

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or some of us might see this as your "loophole" of getting out of the bet. But whatever....

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just glad the Cavs have a lot easier road- esp. if the Warriors get the 2 seed and have to play a real team like OKC, and the Cavs get to play a creampuff like the Heat.

wow, such blatant disrespect. kinda sure that "creampuff" made all the Cavs players cry for their mommas the last couple of times they met...:rolleyes2:

#shortmemory:heh:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure you're missing the point of his sarcasm...but I'm not surprised!

And being a Cavs fan you would know more than any other what it feels like to be teetering on the edge of contention based on your best player being healthy. But the difference is the Dubs would be a better team with KD than the Cavs without LBJ.

And before you try to argue this point- remember, we have all those win/lose stats from previous seasons as proof.
of course- LeBron is WAY better than Durant- i mean- there is a reason why the Cavs won last year- the Cavs have THE KING- and the Warriors dont. No matter how stacked a team is- if you have THE KING- you have a legit shot.

like i said- going back and reading crap about how Curry had eclipsed LeBron is just so funny to me. As great a player as Curry is- he really cant hold LeBron's jock. I mean- did you watch the last 2 Finals? I mean- shit- Kyrie is closer to Curry then Curry is to LeBron.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course- LeBron is WAY better than Durant- i mean- there is a reason why the Cavs won last year- the Cavs have THE KING- and the Warriors dont. No matter how stacked a team is- if you have THE KING- you have a legit shot.

like i said- going back and reading crap about how Curry had eclipsed LeBron is just so funny to me. As great a player as Curry is- he really cant hold LeBron's jock. I mean- did you watch the last 2 Finals? I mean- shit- Kyrie is closer to Curry then Curry is to LeBron.
Well first, no LBJ isn't WAY better than KD otherwise you wouldn't have agreed that LBJ can't beat the Warriors WITH KD. Especially given your opinion of Curry.

And two, when did this become a debate about who's the better player? We're talking about who will win the title, not the MVP. This my friend is called deflection. I get it though- because once we established you really don't think your team can/will (pick whichever word suits your fancy) beat a full strength Dubs team what else is left to say on the topic?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first, no LBJ isn't WAY better than KD otherwise you wouldn't have agreed that LBJ can't beat the Warriors WITH KD. Especially given your opinion of Curry.

And two, when did this become a debate about who's the better player? We're talking about who will win the title, not the MVP. This my friend is called deflection. I get it though- because once we established you really don't think your team can/will (pick whichever word suits your fancy) beat a full strength Dubs team what else is left to say on the topic?
when did i say the Cavs cant beat the Warriors? I said the Warriors would be favored- that certainly doesnt mean the Cavs dont have a legit shot- just like last year.

as i said- no matter how stacked a team is- if you have THE KING- you always have a chance- he is the best player in the league by a fair margin for a good reason. He has owned Durant in his career. LeBron should buy a dog collar and leash and walk Durant around the arena he has owned him so badly in his career. lol.

74bdcd7011189133a00a219e7089bdc8.jpg

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when did i say the Cavs cant beat the Warriors? I said the Warriors would be favored- that certainly doesnt mean the Cavs dont have a legit shot- just like last year.

as i said- no matter how stacked a team is- if you have THE KING- you always have a chance- he is the best player in the league by a fair margin for a good reason. He has owned Durant in his career. LeBron should buy a dog collar and leash and walk Durant around the arena he has owned him so badly in his career. lol.
Yea, yea. Talk is cheap, especially yours.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest- prob. the best thing that ever happened to Durant is his knee injury--- at least he has an excuse now...

172h6u.jpg

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

I'll bet you the Warriors advance further in the playoffs than the Cavs this year. No conditions, just straight up. I'll take the Warriors right now as they are with no take backs based on Durant or anyone else.

Simple, whichever team gets the furthest (obviously Champion is best), wins. If for some reason both teams say don't make the finals and exit in the conference finals, whichever team takes it the furthest to game 7, wins. If both teams go to a game 7, team that has the smallest point differential wins. If the teams have identical point differentials, the team who scored the most points that game wins. And if for some reason everything is tied, whichever team had the player who scored the most points in that game would win.

This virtually ensures there has to be one winner and one loser between us.

Status
Not open for further replies.