• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing against him, but we're SOOOOO much better off.
Last I had counted he had missed 11 games I think.
Doesn't matter.
I think he knows the end is near.
Maybe he opts out and goes to play with James for less?
I can't even remember that last time he went a full season without missing games- due to injury or needed rest.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they have met my expectations. Remember I said they'd be somewhere around 4-6 in seeding. There is plenty of time until the end of the season to slip though, if they don't get it together.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping my fingers crossed that ya'll get the 8th seed. I soooo badly wanna see them match up with the Cavs.
Yep.

The Cavs will win.

But, the Heat will take a chunk out of their ass and maybe soften them up for Teams in the later rounds.

Outside of Miami and maaaaaaaaaybe the Celtics/ Wiz kids, nobody else in the East can win more than a game against the Cavs.

Hawks, Indy, Bulls get swept.

Toronto, Bucks wins 1.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they have met my expectations. Remember I said they'd be somewhere around 4-6 in seeding. There is plenty of time until the end of the season to slip though, if they don't get it together.
Meh...as long as they don't fall to 7 or 8 they get out of the first round.

That's their ceiling.

No...They can't beat Houston either.

So, they better finish 4th of 5th.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might want to learn history here. The Heat got that #5 pick that landed Wade while Miami was being competitive. This was when Miami had Eddie Jones, Tim Hardaway, Brian Grant and Anthony Mason. This was perceived to be the strongest starting 5 along with Zo. Then Zo had kidney disease and Miami went from instant contender to lottery quickly because we had no defensive anchor.

And Miami over the last 21 years has made the playoffs 17 times and has 5 Finals appearances and 3 titles to show for it. The success the franchise has is why Lebron came here in the first place along with knowing Wade. If Riley was known for tanking year after year, Lebron wouldn't have even given Miami a look.
exactly- if they never would have sucked and gotten a top 5 pick and drafted Dwade it doesnt happen. Thanks for supporting my point.

here are the guys taken outside the top 10 in 2003-

Jarvis Hayes, Pietrus, Collison, Banks, Ridnour, Gaines, Bell, Cabarkapa, West, Pavlovic, Dahntay Jones, David West, Boris Diaw, Zoran Planinic, Travis Outlaw, Biran Cook, CArlos Delfino, Ndudi Ebi, Kendrick Perkins, Leandro Barbosa, Josh Howard, and to finish off the first round- the famous Maciej Lampe.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

The Cavs will win.

But, the Heat will take a chunk out of their ass and maybe soften them up for Teams in the later rounds.

Outside of Miami and maaaaaaaaaybe the Celtics/ Wiz kids, nobody else in the East can win more than a game against the Cavs.

Toronto, Bucks wins 1.
Mecca

ill offer this to you first---

If the Cavs and Heat play in the first round- it doesnt go passed 5 games.

terms?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly- if they never would have sucked and gotten a top 5 pick and drafted Dwade it doesnt happen. Thanks for supporting my point.

here are the guys taken outside the top 10 in 2003-

Jarvis Hayes, Pietrus, Collison, Banks, Ridnour, Gaines, Bell, Cabarkapa, West, Pavlovic, Dahntay Jones, David West, Boris Diaw, Zoran Planinic, Travis Outlaw, Biran Cook, CArlos Delfino, Ndudi Ebi, Kendrick Perkins, Leandro Barbosa, Josh Howard, and to finish off the first round- the famous Maciej Lampe.

So the Spurs got Duncan because they suck?

Sucked is a term you can associate with Cavs and several other franchises.

As far as teams like the Heat and Spurs, once in a while shit happens which lands you in the lotto.
Its an exception, not the rule.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca

ill offer this to you first---

If the Cavs and Heat play in the first round- it doesnt go passed 5 games.

terms?

Didn't you say the Cavs would slaughter them 2 weeks ago and would lead by over 20, while coasting to the finish?

How did that work out?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we're better off. Miami look smart now by not giving him more than the 2 yr/40 we offered/

I doubt he opt out now. He's leaving 23 mil on the table? Nah

You're prob right.
He has to feed baby momma, baby, and 1st wife.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

The Cavs will win.

Toronto, Bucks wins 1.
I agree- but think the Bucks might have more than 1 win in them. But I think if they get Miami in the first round & then the Celts in later rounds the Celts have a pretty good chance at getting past the Cavs. This is based on the Cavs sucking on defense. If they don't correct that they will be vulnerable.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...as long as they don't fall to 7 or 8 they get out of the first round.

That's their ceiling.

No...They can't beat Houston either.

So, they better finish 4th of 5th.
Oh yea, I think either Houston/OKC or Spurs/OKC will be a good series- and good that at least one of those threats would be eliminated before matching up with the Warriors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take that one right now if you give me the field vs the Cavs to win it all?

Deal?
of course not. Thats insane. The Cavs are +325 right now to win it all right now.

i understand that you have no confidence in the Heat even pushing the Cavs to 6 games--- if i were you i wouldnt make that bet either. High levelt alent wins in the playoffs- and the Heat dont have any.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course not. Thats insane. The Cavs are +325 right now to win it all right now.

i understand that you have no confidence in the Heat even pushing the Cavs to 6 games--- if i were you i wouldnt make that bet either. High levelt alent wins in the playoffs- and the Heat dont have any.

I guarantee that the odds of the Heat beating the Cavs twice is more than +325, yet I'll do it.

You are such a coward.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee that the odds of the Heat beating the Cavs twice is more than +325, yet I'll do it.

You are such a coward.
LOL

cmon- i wouldnt ask you to actually pick the Heat over the Cavs--- thats pure and complete insanity...lol....hold on wait...i gotta stop laughing...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ohh okay all better now

i was just saying they wouldnt even push them to 6 games.

You think i would actually even ofer you a bet picking the HEat over the Cavs? i sure dont think you are the brightest bulb in the batch- but you arent dumb enough to actually PICK the Heat over the Cavs.

as i said- would it surprise me to see the Heat get 1 game against the Cavs in a series? eehh, prob not- would it surprise me if they got 2? HELL YES IT WOULD!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, wasn't the Heat missing Bosh last year and was 1 win from ECF?
Didn't they beat a very healthy Charlotte team?

Who are all these "talented" other teams you are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.