• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point of the losing is to become competitive. However, that rarely works. The Cavs got 3 number 1 picks in 4 years and the only reason they are where they are is because Lebron came back. Had he stayed in Miami or gone somewhere else, the Cavs would still be fighting for lottery balls.

What the Heat are/were doing is actually a good way to rebuild a little more quickly. They got into the lottery and got what appears to be a nice young player in Winslow (so an asset that can be developed or traded, they signed a very good PG in Dragic, they are developing a very talented young center in Whiteside and they appear to be getting Waiters to actually play to his talent level. Not sure what more they are supposed to do. If this were any other team in the league besides the Heat, you'd be praising everything they're doing and predicting great things for their future. But, it's the Heat and we all know that you are completely irrational when it comes to the Heat.

Again, you are wrong. There are more ways to rebuild than simply tanking. You think it's the only way to do it because it's what Cleveland did. But the fact is, as I've already pointed out, the Cavs tanking didn't work. Lebron returning is what worked.
hey- you are certainly welcome to your opinion--- we shall see how it all works out...

How would you even know if the Cavs "tanking" didnt work without letting the young players develop? Thats like saying the Lakers rebuild didnt work and judging it right now.

you dont think that once Kyrie and Wiggins- and tons more draft picks and cap space was doomed to fail because it wasnt working when Kyrie was 22 years old? That would be beyond stupid- it would be like saying Russell/Randle/Ingram will fail because they are terrible 3 years into the Lakers rebuild.

it would be like judging the Sixers rebuild RIGHT NOW instead of giving the guys a chance to develop beyond 20-21-22 years old. beyond dumb.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Heat are/were doing is actually a good way to rebuild a little more quickly. They got into the lottery and got what appears to be a nice young player in Winslow (so an asset that can be developed or traded, they signed a very good PG in Dragic, they are developing a very talented young center in Whiteside and they appear to be getting Waiters to actually play to his talent level. Not sure what more they are supposed to do. If this were any other team in the league besides the Heat, you'd be praising everything they're doing and predicting great things for their future. But, it's the Heat and we all know that you are completely irrational when it comes to the Heat.

Exactly and they're also going to have a top 20 draft pick this year. I don't see what the issue is.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing franchises love the tanking excuse.
Then continue to suck forever, regardless.
Proud franchises like the Heat find a way to win.

True. The one and only reason the Lakers are tanking is because the Dwight/Nash deal blowing up and the uncertainty of Kobe's health left them with virtually no way to improve without tanking. Heck, even with the tanking is been very difficult because of that deal. But they knew that would happen if it didn't work out, so can't really complain too much.

Had they not thrown literally every asset they had into those deals, they would be looking to rebuild very similarly to how the Heat are doing it.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great night for the Heat. They win while both the Pistons and Bulls lose.

@Mecca it's all on your Clippers to make this almost a perfect night for Miami
Keeping my fingers crossed that ya'll get the 8th seed. I soooo badly wanna see them match up with the Cavs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also he needs to stop acting like tanking and/or getting high lottery picks in consecutive years is always successful.

Outside of the Warriors and Thunder, who else been really successful in the last 10 years or so using that formula?

Maybe I'm missing a team but I really can't think of any team who's been really successful after sucking a few years and getting a top 10 pick or so in 2 or 3 straight years.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you even know if the Cavs "tanking" didnt work without letting the young players develop? Thats like saying the Lakers rebuild didnt work and judging it right now.

Because they are only where they are because Lebron returned and brought Love with him. The only reason much of the current roster is there is because Lebron is there. Without him, your roster would be very different and it's unlikely it would be anywhere close to as good. No one was going to Cleveland to play with Kyrie and Tristan Kardashian.

Having said that, without Lebron, they keep Wiggins and may very well be a "young up and coming team" if they could keep everyone in Cleveland, but they wouldn't be competing for titles like they are now, let alone have won one.

Thats like saying the Lakers rebuild didnt work and judging it right now.

Not true. The Lakers were in a far worse spot when the Dwight/Nash deal blew up and Kobe got hurt. That put the Lakers a good 2-3 seasons behind on their rebuild before it even got started. The Lakers tanked/are tanking because they were literally left with no choice. That's why you see Lakers fans being a lot more patient with this than one would think given how spoiled we've been.

you dont think that once Kyrie and Wiggins- and tons more draft picks and cap space was doomed to fail because it wasnt working when Kyrie was 22 years old? That would be beyond stupid- it would be like saying Russell/Randle/Ingram will fail because they are terrible 3 years into the Lakers rebuild.

As I stated earlier, if they could keep all of those guys in Cleveland, they may well be an up and coming young team, but they wouldn't be anywhere close to where they are now. You like to put down other teams rebuilding efforts (especially the Heat) despite the fact that without Lebron, the Cavs wouldn't be much better off than many of the other rebuilding teams and would be in worse shape than some.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also he needs to stop acting like tanking and/or getting high lottery picks in consecutive years is always successful.

Outside of the Warriors and Thunder, who else been really successful in the last 10 years or so using that formula?

Maybe I'm missing a team but I really can't think of any team who's been really successful after sucking a few years and getting a top 10 pick or so in 2 or 3 straight years.

BTW I know how some are not good at reading comprehension. I'm talking strictly about team success. Not individual success here.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is honestly the dumbest thing i have ever heard. The Golden Rule of the NBA has been you never trade a dollar for 4 quarters.

Only 5 players should be making max money.
Teams that start paying guys like George, Cousins and others in that group 35-40M will never win

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but without Dwade and a top 5 pick the Big 3 era would have never happened. The entire era was predicated on sucking and getting a high level player with a high lotto pick- just as i propounded.

Might want to learn history here. The Heat got that #5 pick that landed Wade while Miami was being competitive. This was when Miami had Eddie Jones, Tim Hardaway, Brian Grant and Anthony Mason. This was perceived to be the strongest starting 5 along with Zo. Then Zo had kidney disease and Miami went from instant contender to lottery quickly because we had no defensive anchor.

And Miami over the last 21 years has made the playoffs 17 times and has 5 Finals appearances and 3 titles to show for it. The success the franchise has is why Lebron came here in the first place along with knowing Wade. If Riley was known for tanking year after year, Lebron wouldn't have even given Miami a look.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"he is def. not a #2 and prob not even a #3 on a team that has aspirations of winning a conference or a title---- its hard to pay a guy max money like that and have enough left to put #1 and #2 type guys on your team- unless you just get really lucky in the draft- or have enough assets to trade for one....(which Miami really has neither of those avenues open)."

What do the following top league players all have in common?

Durant
Curry
Klay
Draymond
Harden
LeBron
Kyrie
A.D.
Cousins
George
DeRozan
Kemba
KAT
Wiggins
Howard
Millsap
Drummond
Wade
Butler
Giannis

all have been roadkill to the Heat
I am on your side but this is taking it TOO DANG FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Warriors formula was actually to suck for 20 years. In between lets have one good year and make the playoffs, then blow up the team. Then let's sell the team to someone who actually gives a shit, and let them put together a solid roster.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Wade, he was pretty healthy this year. He was on pace to play 70+

I have nothing against him, but we're SOOOOO much better off.
Last I had counted he had missed 11 games I think.
Doesn't matter.
I think he knows the end is near.
Maybe he opts out and goes to play with James for less?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing against him, but we're SOOOOO much better off.
Last I had counted he had missed 11 games I think.
Doesn't matter.
I think he knows the end is near.
Maybe he opts out and goes to play with James for less?

Yeah we're better off. Miami look smart now by not giving him more than the 2 yr/40 we offered/

I doubt he opt out now. He's leaving 23 mil on the table? Nah

Status
Not open for further replies.