• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Wiggy to come on here and tell me Cavs fans on here never brought up Kyrie and Love injuries during the finals.

I double dog dare you bitch

Injuries happen, it's part of sports. Cavs fans shouldn't bring up injuries from 2 years ago & Warriors fans shouldn't bring up that Steph was hobbling during the Finals last year. And no I'm not saying any of them did, just saying if it was mentioned it shouldn't have been.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree with some of the matchups he posted definitely...

It's a common thing to overlook, we all have when it comes to the Spurs (which is exactly how they like it lol). Hell, it's took until the 2 finals vs. the Heat for even most NBA insiders to understand.

The Spurs have been to the finals 6 times and won it 5 times. I'd be willing to bet that, with the exception of the finals vs. Lebron's first Cavs teams, the Spurs didn't look as good on paper as any of the teams they faced. Heck, I remember them going to the finals through a couple of Lakers teams that looked better on paper.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure if Lebron broke his wrist tomorrow and was out for the rest of the season, Cavs fans won't dare bring up that he was out as a reason why they did not win the finals....
you are delusional.

I would not disrespect the Warriors and say- well- the CAvs would have definitely won if Love and Kyrie were healthy.

Injuries are part of the game. Would the Cavs have a much better chance to win if healthy? OF COURSE- you can say that about any injury in the history of the league- but injuries happens- they are part of the game- to act like the Heat would have been a team with a .600 winning percentage or whatever from the jump if they had been 100% healthy is not only delusional- it doesnt account for PLENTY of injuries on other teams- and it disrespects other teams

Im sure the Bucks would love to have Khris Middleton and Jabari Parker- I am sure the Clippers would love to have Paul and Griffin fully healthy the whole year.

You dont see fans of those two teams saying- well- we would be the 3 seed if not for injuries!!!

as i said- bitching about injuries is pointless- its almost as bad as bitching about the refs- and i see a lot of overlap between the people that do that. A LOT.

The Raptors just lost KYle Lowry up until at LEAST the playoffs- you think anyone is feeling sorry for them because it mightve cost them a 2 or 3 seed? or someone is dumb enoguh to say- WE WOULD BE A LOT BETTER if Lowry was fully healthy!! OF COURSE- its common sense- but injuries happen.

its just a lot of whining

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries happen, it's part of sports. Cavs fans shouldn't bring up injuries from 2 years ago & Warriors fans shouldn't bring up that Steph was hobbling during the Finals last year. And no I'm not saying any of them did, just saying if it was mentioned it shouldn't have been.

SHOULDN'T have been, but some fans DO love hopping aboard the excuse train when things don't go their team's way...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHOULDN'T have been, but some fans DO love hopping aboard the excuse train when things don't go their team's way...

No doubt about that. I don't care what the sport is using the injury excuse is lame. Anyone here (other than wiggy) really think if Steph was 100% G.S. lets that 3-1 lead slip through their fingers? I don't.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about that. I don't care what the sport is using the injury excuse is lame. Anyone here (other than wiggy) really think if Steph was 100% G.S. lets that 3-1 lead slip through their fingers? I don't.

me either, but it is what it is. like you said though it's part of the game and either teams will effectively adjust to those situations, or they won't. lol it's part of what makes the games interesting...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not disrespect the Warriors and say- well- the CAvs would have definitely won if Love and Kyrie were healthy.
You are so full of crap...you can't even admit that Whiteside is a better player than Tristan- even WITH all of the evidence that's provided from every game played so far this season. SMH

No wonder you want to be a lawyer, they're good at using alternative facts to plead their case. You have certainly perfected that tactic.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I don't remember you saying the Cavs definitely would have won if Kyrie and Love were healthy, you have mentioned their injuries many, many times since then. There have been many times when you have congratulated the Warriors while lamenting how things may have been different had they played.

Your intent may not have been to discredit what the Warriors accomplished by doing that, but the result is the same, it comes across as discrediting what they accomplished.

Btw, that's not a criticism of you. We all do it to one extent or another. For example, I wonder how the Kobe, Dwight, Nash Lakers would have fared if Nash hadn't fallen apart physically and Kobe didn't blow out his Achilles just before the playoffs. Even with Nash's health issues, they were on a bit of a roll heading into the playoffs (they had to be because it took them so long to get their shit together) and were looking very dangerous.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so full of crap...you can't even admit that Whiteside is a better player than Tristan- even WITH all of the evidence that's provided from every game played so far this season. SMH

No wonder you want to be a lawyer, they're good at using alternative facts to plead their case. You have certainly perfected that tactic.

Wiggy wouldn't disrespect a team or a player...?!!!!:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course wiggity-whack is full of crap. He's a connoisseur of fine manure.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't remember you saying the Cavs definitely would have won if Kyrie and Love were healthy, you have mentioned their injuries many, many times since then. There have been many times when you have congratulated the Warriors while lamenting how things may have been different had they played.

Your intent may not have been to discredit what the Warriors accomplished by doing that, but the result is the same, it comes across as discrediting what they accomplished.

Btw, that's not a criticism of you. We all do it to one extent or another. For example, I wonder how the Kobe, Dwight, Nash Lakers would have fared if Nash hadn't fallen apart physically and Kobe didn't blow out his Achilles just before the playoffs. Even with Nash's health issues, they were on a bit of a roll heading into the playoffs (they had to be because it took them so long to get their shit together) and were looking very dangerous.
absolutely. the Cavs had little to zero chance once Kyrie and Love went down. I mean- thats just common sense. How often do you lose 2 of your 3 best players in the NBA Finals?

If you put the shoe on the other foot- and the CAvs were 100% healthy, and Klay and Green were out- i mean- obviously i think there is a different result- but injuries are a part of the game. There isnt an asterisk on the Warriors championship trophy because Love and Kyrie were hurt.

If the Heat dont make the playoffs- the Pacers or Pistons or Bucks or whoever- they wont have an asterisk by their "clinched playoff berth" in the paper.

shit happens. To hear @bksballer89 and @TurnUpTheHeat act like the Heat have been this great team the whole time but it just didnt show becuase of injuries is just delusional to me....in the end- no one cares.

Its not like the Pistons or Bucks are going to cede their playoff spot to the poor heat because they have injuries- which ALL TEAMS have- and which i think anyway- arguably the Bucks have been worse off.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you are the ultimate whiner- blaming LeBron for Draymond going after other players nuts. lol.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, don't be raining on our parade after last night's come back win!!!!!! :dhd:
That was awesome.

But, come on.....it was the 76ers.....lol

That won't be enough to tip the scales in Dray's favor.

I don't think Kawhi will be able to leap Westbrook, Harden and Lebron in the MVP race.

So, there is no chance they don't give him DPOY.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta admit my m'man TJ does have a knack...

dude can be funny as all get-out when he wants to be. especially when it comes to making ol' Wiggly his whippin' boy...:heh:

giphy.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was awesome.

But, come on.....it was the 76ers.....lol

That won't be enough to tip the scales in Dray's favor.

I don't think Kawhi will be able to leap Westbrook, Harden and Lebron in the MVP race.

So, there is no chance they don't give him DPOY.
Warriors upcoming schedule is ajoke...they had a nice 3 game stretch here of eastern conference garbage to get things straightened out against...

teh cavs go on a fucking long west coast trip....ughhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.