• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could imagine what the heat record would be if Waiters, Richardson, & Ellington did not all each miss a month of the season, if winslow was not out for the season, and if Bosh did not have blood clots.....
exactly- who cares?

until we live in a video game where you can turn off injuries- bitching about them and saying where your team would be without them is pretty pointless. The people that bitch about injuries are usually the same people that bitch about the refs all the time- just people looking for excuses.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we shall see who is exposed here in the next few weeks. I have a staunch belief that i will once again have the last laugh.

but we shall see...esp. if the Heat are lucky enough to squirm their way into the playoffs at the bottom of the East.

When did you have the last laugh first? When you promise us that Whiteside will have a meltdown this year or was it when you told us he was just playing for a contract and will go back to being a shit player once he signed his deal?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great performance by the Warriors in the 4th last night especially Green. If we get more of that the Warriors could be fine.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"since they have gotten healthy"

wouldnt it be great if this was like NBA 2k and they could shut off injuries? I couldnt imagine what the Cavs record would be if JR and Love didnt miss months out of the season and Mo Williams was out for the year etc.

Regardless, you get a much truer evaluation of what you have when they are all playing.
Who here is saying Cavs wouldn't be better if Love/JR were playing?

You can spew all the hate and nonsense you want, but none of that is changing the results of what is currently going on.

So, yes, if you want to say the injured Heat sucked, go right ahead. No one disagrees.

The healthy group is pretty tough to beat.
Over a 26 game span we have won 21 and were in the 5 losses pretty much to the very end.
Name any team that has been better.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly- who cares?

until we live in a video game where you can turn off injuries- bitching about them and saying where your team would be without them is pretty pointless. The people that bitch about injuries are usually the same people that bitch about the refs all the time- just people looking for excuses.

Bitching about injuries and acknowledging that things would be different if certain players are two different things.

I'm sure no Cavs fan brought up Love and Kyrie being out in the finals back in 2015 right? LMFAO

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, you get a much truer evaluation of what you have when they are all playing.
Who here is saying Cavs wouldn't be better if Love/JR were playing?

You can spew all the hate and nonsense you want, but none of that is changing the results of what is currently going on.

So, yes, if you want to say the injured Heat sucked, go right ahead. No one disagrees.

The healthy group is pretty tough to beat.
Over a 26 game span we have won 21 and were in the 5 losses pretty much to the very end.
Name any team that has been better.

Just remember turnup, Cavs fan never brought up Love and Kyrie being out during the finals lol. They're bringing up injuries as an excuse

Dude is full of shit

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean there defense is no doubt much better- but the Cavs offense is much better and deeper.

I disagree. The Spurs have an offensive rating of 111.7 which is 6th in the league. The Cavs have an offensive rating of 114.4 which is 3rd in the league. So, there is a slight advantage for the Cavs.

The Spurs defensive rating is 103.1 which is 1st in the league. The Cavs defensive rating is 109.7 which is 21st in the league. That's a huge advantage for the Spurs.

The Cavs shoot the 3 at .392 and the Spurs shoot it at .396. The Cavs do shoot 10 more 3's per game than the Spurs and have a slightly better average on 2 point shots (.522 vs. .502).

This is why, other than the the 2 question marks I mentioned earlier, I would tend to give the Spurs the advantage. They are are far better defensively and only slightly worse offensively.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember turnup, Cavs fan never brought up Love and Kyrie being out during the finals lol. They're bringing up injuries as an excuse

Dude is full of shit

I remember pretty much everything.
That's one of his problems lol.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean there defense is no doubt much better- but the Cavs offense is much better and deeper.

I mean- LeBron vs. Kawhi----- LeBron easily
Kyrie vs. Who? Kyrie is a top 10 offensive player in the game at worst
Aldridge vs. Love--- wash at best
Korver and green pretty much cancel eachother
Deron Williams, Frye etc....Cavs have a lot more firepower on offense ---- the Spurs def. have an advatange on defense- would be an interesting matchup.

Again, you are not understanding the whole being greater than the sum of it's parts which is how the Spurs have operated for 20 years.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Wiggy to come on here and tell me Cavs fans on here never brought up Kyrie and Love injuries during the finals.

I double dog dare you bitch

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did you have the last laugh first? When you promise us that Whiteside will have a meltdown this year or was it when you told us he was just playing for a contract and will go back to being a shit player once he signed his deal?
when the Cavs won the title despite so many people on here saying the Warriors were going to beat them and the Cavs had no chance.....

and take a look at guys like Otto Porter, like MKG...those are guys that Winslow should try and be like. As hopeless as MKG is offensively- his shooting percentages in the NBA have been .458, .473, .465, .541, .466

Winslow was shooting 35.6% before he was shut down. Do realize, esp. for a SF- that a shooting percentage like that makes him practically unplayable? Its seriously right on the verge of playing 4-5 on the offensive end.

Its no surprise to me the HEats offense has looked miles better since Winslow was sent to the injured list. I mean- you cant play a guy shooting that bad on a team that is trying to win- its so unimaginably bad.

Right now- the other SFs'- the WORST OF THE WORST- shooting percentage is Robert Covington at 39.3% (out of the qualifiers), 2nd worst is Ariza at 40.3%, third worst is bazemore at 40.5%- and all of those guys shoot more 3's than Winslow did.

I mean- right now Winslow is a historically bad offensive player. HISTORICALLY bad- like- you cant go back and look through the last decade of NBA history and find a SF with numbers that are that damn abysmal on the offensive side.

he makes Michael Kidd-Gilchrist look like Michael Jordan.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you are not understanding the whole being greater than the sum of it's parts which is how the Spurs have operated for 20 years.
yah. i get what you are saying--- the Spurs have always been that way- but im just saying- id much rather face the Warriors because its my opinion star power wins in the playoffs- and the Spurs have 2 stars- and one of them i think is as soft mentally and physically as they come.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The Spurs have an offensive rating of 111.7 which is 6th in the league. The Cavs have an offensive rating of 114.4 which is 3rd in the league. So, there is a slight advantage for the Cavs.

The Spurs defensive rating is 103.1 which is 1st in the league. The Cavs defensive rating is 109.7 which is 21st in the league. That's a huge advantage for the Spurs.

The Cavs shoot the 3 at .392 and the Spurs shoot it at .396. The Cavs do shoot 10 more 3's per game than the Spurs and have a slightly better average on 2 point shots (.522 vs. .502).

This is why, other than the the 2 question marks I mentioned earlier, I would tend to give the Spurs the advantage. They are are far better defensively and only slightly worse offensively.

talk about getting obliterated...

#numbersdontlie

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"since they have gotten healthy"

wouldnt it be great if this was like NBA 2k and they could shut off injuries? I couldnt imagine what the Cavs record would be if JR and Love didnt miss months out of the season and Mo Williams was out for the year etc.
ummm, didn't we see that already last season??

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise, surprise!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF he does he's a lie and his breath stinks...:lol:

they used that excuse almost to a man...:tsk:

I'm sure if Lebron broke his wrist tomorrow and was out for the rest of the season, Cavs fans won't dare bring up that he was out as a reason why they did not win the finals....

Reactions: LAD

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

disagree with some of the matchups he posted definitely...

LMA vs. Love was the first one. disagrre with that one being a "wash', and we ALL seen how Leonard is capable of defending LeClown. he won't shut him down, but he DAMN sure wouldn't get owned by him...

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah. i get what you are saying--- the Spurs have always been that way- but im just saying- id much rather face the Warriors because its my opinion star power wins in the playoffs- and the Spurs have 2 stars- and one of them i think is as soft mentally and physically as they come.

Don't you mean you'd much rather face the Spurs then? Based on your opinion, the Cavs would have a better shot vs. the Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.