• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, that's the next step for him. So far, so good. But the playoffs are where the true superstars separate themselves from guys who are just "really good." All signs point to him taking that step without a problem, but until he does it, it's an unknown.

Imo, what makes the Spurs dangerous for the Cavs (aside from having the best coach in the league) is that they can attack the Cavs where they are weakest defensively and still match them from 3 point range.
I mean- dont get me wrong Kawhi has a Finals MVP to his name- but it was with guys like Duncan etc. being the leaders, and allowing for an environment where he could thrive.

Its all on Kawhi's shoulders now- and in the last couple playoffs he hasnt exactly been that type of guy- hes young of course so it can be yet to come--- but lets see it first.

and like i said--- Love and Aldridge is kind of a wash (though id take Love)---- after that- i think id give the rest of the Cavs roster an advantage.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sure he will get there- but im confident that LeBron could beat him-

Disagree here. I think Kawhi is the last guy that Lebron wants to see in the finals. Kawhi gave Lebron fits when Lebron was in Miami and Kawhi is a better player now than he was then. Don't get me wrong, Kawhi isn't shutting Lebron down, no one can. But he makes Lebron work harder for what he gets than anyone else.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the fact that Willie Reed has been more/just as valuable according to those stats is definitely a starting point. LOL.

Reed>Tristan though

Last edited by a moderator:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have nothing, as usual, again?
I mean did you read that article? I coudlnt say it much better than that article lays it out. Whiteside is a fraud.

do you know how bad .74 points per post up is? he should NEVER be shooting that shot. His defensive rating is similar to Kevin Love's (who he makes more money then)

its just funny to me- how "the most dominant center in the league" is on a team that if the playoff started today couldnt even get the 8 seed in the East.

when you talk about not giving players who arent leaders the max- isnt that exactly what you are talking about? guys like Whiteside getting paid the max on a team that isnt 500?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree here. I think Kawhi is the last guy that Lebron wants to see in the finals. Kawhi gave Lebron fits when Lebron was in Miami and Kawhi is a better player now than he was then. Don't get me wrong, Kawhi isn't shutting Lebron down, no one can. But he makes Lebron work harder for what he gets than anyone else.
its not about "a guy" though- its about the team- and facing Kawhi and the Mr. Soft LaMarcus Aldridge- and their supporting cast is not nearly imposing as Durant, Green, Curry, Klay. LeBron has no choice but to expend tons of energy on defense against Golden State as he is going to be matched up against an all star almost all the time.

against the Spurs- LeBron can guard Kawhi during crunch time- but can guard a lesser player most of the time and conserve energy. That is a huge factor. Its definitely what scares meth e most about the Durant acquisition.

now if Durant isnt healthy? pshhh--- the Cavs will run the WArriors out of the building with the sub-par back half of the roster the Warriors have been forcedto put together on a shoe-string budget.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Wiggy thought KG was some shit player when he was missing the playoffs on the T-Wolves? Inquiring minds would love to know.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- Otto Porter Jr. has only had 1 great year- this year- and his stats are not even that impressive (besides his INSANE 3 pt shooting)--- but give me a wing player that can (i.) shoot the 3 as good as just about anyone, (ii.) can guard multiple positions- probably 4 of them - any day.

No question i take Otto Porter Jr. over Whiteside......you cant find guys like Otto Porter Jr. in todays game- versatile wings that can defend, shoot the 3, guard multiple positions, and know their role. Plodding centers that cant pass, cant shoot, and cant switch are a dime a dozen.

Its why Porter Jr. will be getting his own max this offseason.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after that- i think id give the rest of the Cavs roster an advantage.

On paper, yes. However, the Spurs have always been an example of "the whole being greater than the sum of it's parts."

On paper, the Heat were better than the Spurs and without a miracle from Ray Allen, they'd have been 0-2 vs. the Spurs in the finals.

Not saying the Spurs would definitely beat the Cavs, but I just think they are better balanced on both sides of the ball.

However, there are 2 question marks around the Spurs, imo. One is what you mentioned about it being on Kawhi's shoulders for the first time, and 2, we don't know how Aldridge will react to experiencing the pressure of the finals for the first time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Wiggy though KG was some shit player when he was missing the playoffs on the T-Wolves? Inquiring minds would love to know.
of course not--- KG was incredibly valuable- the guy had one of the most versatile and expansive games of anyone who has ever played- a very solid mid range game, great passer for a big man, could guard literally- 1-5 on the court, was an amazing leader.

I mean- KG is an all time great. Kevin Love was stranded in Minne too- and while he is not an all time great- he is certainly an all star caliber player and CERTAINLY much more valuable than Hassan Whiteside.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, yes. However, the Spurs have always been an example of "the whole being greater than the sum of it's parts."

On paper, the Heat were better than the Spurs and without a miracle from Ray Allen, they'd have been 0-2 vs. the Spurs in the finals.

Not saying the Spurs would definitely beat the Cavs, but I just think they are better balanced on both sides of the ball.

However, there are 2 question marks around the Spurs, imo. One is what you mentioned about it being on Kawhi's shoulders for the first time, and 2, we don't know how Aldridge will react to experiencing the pressure of the finals for the first time.
I mean there defense is no doubt much better- but the Cavs offense is much better and deeper.

I mean- LeBron vs. Kawhi----- LeBron easily
Kyrie vs. Who? Kyrie is a top 10 offensive player in the game at worst
Aldridge vs. Love--- wash at best
Korver and green pretty much cancel eachother
Deron Williams, Frye etc....Cavs have a lot more firepower on offense ---- the Spurs def. have an advatange on defense- would be an interesting matchup.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean did you read that article? I coudlnt say it much better than that article lays it out. Whiteside is a fraud.

do you know how bad .74 points per post up is? he should NEVER be shooting that shot. His defensive rating is similar to Kevin Love's (who he makes more money then)

its just funny to me- how "the most dominant center in the league" is on a team that if the playoff started today couldnt even get the 8 seed in the East.

when you talk about not giving players who arent leaders the max- isnt that exactly what you are talking about? guys like Whiteside getting paid the max on a team that isnt 500?

Best record in the league 2nd half of the season, since theyve gotten healthy.
Wide open shooters all over the place because of his presence.
2 wins over Cavs, Rockets , 1 over Warriors with Durant, etc

#fact

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Wiggy thought KG was some shit player when he was missing the playoffs on the T-Wolves? Inquiring minds would love to know.
i just dont value centers that cant pass, cant shoot, and cant switch nearly as much as you guys do apparently. I dont know why that makes you guys so angry.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course not--- KG was incredibly valuable- the guy had one of the most versatile and expansive games of anyone who has ever played- a very solid mid range game, great passer for a big man, could guard literally- 1-5 on the court, was an amazing leader.

I mean- KG is an all time great. Kevin Love was stranded in Minne too- and while he is not an all time great- he is certainly an all star caliber player and CERTAINLY much more valuable than Hassan Whiteside.

But his teams were several games under .500 his last few years in Minneosta. This seems to be your lame argument with Whiteside. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Basketball is a team game for a reason. KG was a great player during that time period. Just didn't have a great group of players around him. Not making the playoffs/your team not reaching .500 does not mean that player did not do their job.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best record in the league 2nd half of the season, since theyve gotten healthy.
Wide open shooters all over the place because of his presence.
2 wins over Cavs, Rockets , 1 over Warriors with Durant, etc

#fact
"since they have gotten healthy"

wouldnt it be great if this was like NBA 2k and they could shut off injuries? I couldnt imagine what the Cavs record would be if JR and Love didnt miss months out of the season and Mo Williams was out for the year etc.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just dont value centers that cant pass, cant shoot, and cant switch nearly as much as you guys do apparently. I dont know why that makes you guys so angry.

It doesn't make anyone angry. It just expose you as the fraud that you are.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"since they have gotten healthy"

wouldnt it be great if this was like NBA 2k and they could shut off injuries? I couldnt imagine what the Cavs record would be if JR and Love didnt miss months out of the season and Mo Williams was out for the year etc.

I could imagine what the heat record would be if Waiters, Richardson, & Ellington did not all each miss a month of the season, if winslow was not out for the season, and if Bosh did not have blood clots.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make anyone angry. It just expose you as the fraud that you are.
well we shall see who is exposed here in the next few weeks. I have a staunch belief that i will once again have the last laugh.

but we shall see...esp. if the Heat are lucky enough to squirm their way into the playoffs at the bottom of the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.