• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was beginning to wonder about the Dubs. They finally looked like a team with heart since the last couple of weeks they've looked like shit. Durant was about to be the next Lebron given that without Durant, the Warriors looked hopeless similar to the Cavs when Lebron's not playing.

yeah, took 'em a whileafter the Durant injury, but it was nice to see the Dubs nut up and find their pride...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put KD on that team and they're not 6th in the east and fighting for a playoffs spot. PG-13 is a great player but not sure he makes teammates better. He is one of those guys who need other teammates basically on his level to have any success in this league. He's no Lebron James, Kevin Durant, James Harden, or Kawhi Leonard

To be fair... what has KD ever done without a teammate that's on his level?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many guys qualify as "leaders you need to win a title" in the league? 5? 6?

my point is- Paul George is a true franchise player- prob a top 15 player- and would be the best player on just about any team he is on- or AT LEAST half the teams in the league- prob more like 2/3rds.- certainly would be by far the best player on the Heat.

the most valuable thing in basketball is an All-Star top 20 player in his prime. And George is just that- you cant overpay for that type of guy unless it just gets crazy.

Yes you can.
How many TRUE MAX players are there?
When you have to start paying players like George, the same money as LeBron, it has to decrease your chance to win because there is a salary cap, which now I believe, allows a record % amount to go to these players.

Say what you want, but if the money is the same, give me Tyler, Waiters, and James Johnson over George and 2 veteran minimum players.

Teams throw out these max contracts out, IMO, way to freely now.
If James is a true max at lets say 40M, then George shouldn't get more then around 30M.
Why should they be paid equally?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you can.
When you have to start paying players like George, the same money as LeBron, it has to decrease your chance to win because there is a salary cap, which now I believe, allows a record % amount to go to these players.

Say what you want, but if the money is the same, give me Tyler, Waiters, and James Johnson over George and 2 veteran minimum players.

If James is a true max at lets say 40M, then George shouldn't get more then around 30M.

My max players look like this. Have to remember I am very strict regarding this.

Lebron
KD
Russ
Harden
Leonard

And that's it at the moment

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My revised top 15 players in the Eastern Conference--- not just on stats- or short term outlook, or long term outlook, or contract, or all star teams, or wins and losses- or age- or work ethic- or versatility- or leadership- but a combination of everything

1. LeBron James
2. Jimmy Butler
3. Giannis Antetokuompo
4. Kyrie Irving
5. John Wall
6. Paul George
7. Isiah Thomas
8. Kyle Lowry
9. DeMar Derozan
10. Paul Milsap
11. Kemba Walker
12. Bradley Beale
13. Kevin Love
14. Kristaps Porzingis
15. Joel Embiid

first off- Goran Dragic, Otto Porter Jr., Dwight Howard, Andre Drummond

Opinions are just that, but PLEASE explain to me how Embiid , Howard, or Drummond could possibly be ahead of Whiteside??

Embiid doesn't play. Hasn't for the better part of 3 years. No reason to believe he can ever stay healthy.

Drummond 14.9 ppg, 13.9 rebounds, 1 assist, 1.1 blocks, 41% Ft

Howard 13.2 12.9 1.3 1.2 52%

Whiteside 16.6 14.2 .6 2.1 61%

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My max players look like this. Have to remember I am very strict regarding this.

Lebron
KD
Russ
Harden
Leonard

And that's it at the moment

That is my exact same list.
I agree no Curry.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions are just that, but PLEASE explain to me how Embiid , Howard, or Drummond could possibly be ahead of Whiteside??

Embiid doesn't play. Hasn't for the better part of 3 years. No reason to believe he can ever stay healthy.

Drummond 14.9 ppg, 13.9 rebounds, 1 assist, 1.1 blocks, 41% Ft

Howard 13.2 12.9 1.3 1.2 52%

Whiteside 16.6 14.2 .6 2.1 61%

How are Embiid, Howard & Drummond ahead of Whiteside? That's easy, those 3 don't play for the Heat! Leaving Whiteside off the list is just another example of wiggy math. Which only he understands.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are Embiid, Howard & Drummond ahead of Whiteside? That's easy, those 3 don't play for the Heat! Leaving Whiteside off the list is just another example of wiggy math. Which only he understands.

It's just ridiculous how far he will reach to try to discredit Whiteside.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just ridiculous how far he will reach to try to discredit Whiteside.

I agree w/ that. The funny thing is if Whiteside played for his Cavs he'd be pimping him up on a daily basis.

Reactions: LAD

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/ that. The funny thing is if Whiteside played for his Cavs he'd be pimping him up on a daily basis.

If he was on the Cavs, they would be clear cut favorites over anyone IMO, assuming their other Big 3 were healthy.
James would have a field day deciding if he wanted to see wide open 3's for everyone or slam dunks.

There defensive would be so much better.
Teams get to the rim at will against the Cavs most nights.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He clearly hates Whiteside. The difference between him and I is that I can hate a player but can still be honest when it comes to rating that player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: Wiggy posted this. :pound:

Fucking Wiggy telling someone not to make shit up and take things out of context.

Congrats on making the most hypocritical post in the history of the interwebz.

:tsk: Fucking Wiggy talking about someone else taking shit out of context.

Literally cannot make this kind of shit up. :pound:
i wish i could have had a crying emoji to go along with the post- it would have been perfect.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was on the Cavs, they would be clear cut favorites over anyone IMO, assuming their other Big 3 were healthy.
James would have a field day deciding if he wanted to see wide open 3's for everyone or slam dunks.

There defensive would be so much better.
Teams get to the rim at will against the Cavs most nights.

I think what you said is true but of course wiggy would never admit to that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you can.

because under a free market LeBron would be making AT LEAST 70 -- 40 is a bargain for LeBron. probably about market for PG.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He clearly hates Whiteside. The difference between him and I is that I can hate a player but can still be honest when it comes to rating that player.

Exactly. It's okay to dislike a player but if they are good/great give them the props they deserve. Example: I couldn't stand Kobe during his career & always talked shit about him but acknowledged he was a helluva hoopster.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what you said is true but of course wiggy would never admit to that.
Whiteside would def help the Cavs---- but at his contract? no way--- that kind of contract that Whiteside has- for a plodding big that cant shoot, cant pass, and cant switch defensviely hamstrings your team. Would be a terrible fit in an offense that relies on giving lebron and kyrie spacinga nd shooting.

if Whiteside made like 12M and was happy with 5-7 shots a game? sure....at 24 million and if he wanted to be a substantial part of the offense? LOL...hell to the no.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside would def help the Cavs---- but at his contract? no way--- that kind of contract that Whiteside has- for a plodding big that cant shoot, cant pass, and cant switch defensviely hamstrings your team.

if Whiteside made like 12M and was happy with 5-7 shots a game? sure....at 24 million and if he wanted to be a substantial part of the offense? LOL...hell to the no.

Just admit Whiteside > Tristan & move on.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It's okay to dislike a player but if they are good/great give them the props they deserve. Example: I couldn't stand Kobe during his career & always talked shit about him but acknowledged he was a helluva hoopster.

Same. I kinda dislike/hate draymond but I'm not afraid to admit he is a top 20 player and is more important to the Warriors than Steph/Klay IMO

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside would def help the Cavs---- but at his contract? no way--- that kind of contract that Whiteside has- for a plodding big that cant shoot, cant pass, and cant switch defensviely hamstrings your team.

I think you should go back and watch the work Hassan did on the P&R last week against Kemba. You make a lot of assumptions for someone who admits they never watch Heat games....not even when they're kicking the Cavs ass.

Hard to take you seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.