• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. I kinda dislike/hate draymond but I'm not afraid to admit he is a top 20 player and is more important to the Warriors than Steph/Klay IMO

I'm not a fan of Draymond's @ all. Don't tell him that, I don't want him to kick me in the basket-balls! He's damn good player though.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because under a free market LeBron would be making AT LEAST 70 -- 40 is a bargain for LeBron. probably about market for PG.

Then he should play baseball or football.
That doesn't matter in THIS conversation.

The cap is what it is.
George is not worth it if he's eating up the same amount of cap space because he doesn't come close to giving a team that same % of chance to win.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should go back and watch the work Hassan did on the P&R last week against Kemba. You make a lot of assumptions for someone who admits they never watch Heat games....not even when they're kicking the Cavs ass.

Hard to take you seriously.
well we shall see very soon! playoffs are coming up right around the corner......IF the Heat can make the EAstern Conference playoffs ill be VERY interested in their showing...I CANT WAIT...when the REAL NBA season starts is when the Cavs should really get going.

Got some good news on KLove last night.....should be back within 3-4 games....

its gonna be a ton of fun! late nights watching the Cavs gut the East on TNT and ESPN....weather warming up- its a great time of year to be a Cavs fan!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he should play baseball or football.
That doesn't matter in THIS conversation.

The cap is what it is.
George is not worth it if he's eating up the same amount of cap space because he doesn't come close to giving a team that same % of chance to win.
EXACTLY- the cap is what it is. I couldnt agree more- Thats why not only is Paul George without a doubt 100% absolutely a max player- unless you are completely retarded and dont understand math- lots and lots of guys with less talent are max players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we shall see very soon! playoffs are coming up right around the corner......IF the Heat can make the EAstern Conference playoffs ill be VERY interested in their showing...I CANT WAIT...when the REAL NBA season starts is when the Cavs should really get going.

Got some good news on KLove last night.....should be back within 3-4 games....

its gonna be a ton of fun! late nights watching the Cavs gut the East on TNT and ESPN....weather warming up- its a great time of year to be a Cavs fan!

If you're an true NBA fan then this is a great time of the year ALL THE TIME. Only fan boys like you who really don't love the game considers this a great time of the year only when they're team is in the title hunt.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He clearly hates Whiteside. The difference between him and I is that I can hate a player but can still be honest when it comes to rating that player.

I guess that's the difference between adults and children?:noidea:

As much as we rip on James in general, we never question his greatness on the court.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're an true NBA fan then this is a great time of the year ALL THE TIME. Only fan boys like you who really don't love the game considers this a great time of the year only when they're team is in the title hunt.
LOL

im sorry- the joy i get out of watching LeBron and the cavs in the playoffs- is just not the same as watching the Cavs sans LeBron/Love/Kyrie sitting out games, in the dog days of the NBA season.

ive watched probably 90% of the games in Kyrie Irvings career- regular season or otherwise- but there is no doubt about it- there is just something about THE REAL nba season that is just different.

remember?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY- the cap is what it is. I couldnt agree more- Thats why not only is Paul George without a doubt 100% absolutely a max player- unless you are completely retarded and dont understand math- lots and lots of guys with less talent are max players.

Makes zero sense because NONE of those players are good enough to make their teams WIN.

All these shitty max contracts getting thrown around and none of the teams have even been able to warm up a James team now going on 7 years.

Give me 3 quality players who add up to the same amount of cash and they have a better chance of being the better team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have no clue how Kyrie Irving made this shot--- off 1 foot, falling away, at the end of the shot clock- with a guy in his face.

this is why this guy is so valuable- he has the ability and the talent and skill to do things that only a couple other guys in the NBA can do

Irving Makes The Three - NBA.com

i mean- holy shit.

this is why you need the guy on the floor in the 4th qtr when the going gets tough- how do you defend a guy like this who can rain from 3, has one of the best mid-range games in the entire league (like his mentor Kobe), and finishes at the rim as well as he does.

its mind bogglingly how good he is- it doesnt matter if Kawhi is on him, Klay is on him etc....he finds a way.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes zero sense because NONE of those players are good enough to make their teams WIN.

All these shitty max contracts getting thrown around and none of the teams have even been able to warm up a James team now going on 7 years.

Give me 3 quality players who add up to the same amount of cash and they have a better chance of being the better team.
id agree with you if you played 11 guys like a football team. lol.

the "hockey style" depth team will never win in the NBA playoffs when rotations tighten up, defenses tighten up, and effort significantly goes up.

watch.....we are just a few short weeks away....you need stars to win- no question. Only team that i can ever remember winning without a top flight player is the Pistons. Can you remember any others?--- and chanucey andr asheed were prob close- if not top 20 guys...

if you dont have a top 20 guy--- your chances are pretty much A BIG FAT GOOSE EGG.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should go back and watch the work Hassan did on the P&R last week against Kemba. You make a lot of assumptions for someone who admits they never watch Heat games....not even when they're kicking the Cavs ass.

Hard to take you seriously.

Whiteside has improved in leaps and bounds in that department.
Good coaching and hard work will usually lead to those types of results.

Wiggy must be watching film from when he was in China.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

im sorry- the joy i get out of watching LeBron and the cavs in the playoffs- is just not the same as watching the Cavs sans LeBron/Love/Kyrie sitting out games, in the dog days of the NBA season.

ive watched probably 90% of the games in Kyrie Irvings career- regular season or otherwise- but there is no doubt about it- there is just something about THE REAL nba season that is just different.

remember?

Point is I can enjoy the playoffs with or without the Heat. I mean the Heat only missed the playoffs 2x since the 2003-2004 season so I can deal with them missing the playoffs here and there. Not a big deal at all.

I understand why you feel that way considering the Cavs were a garbage teamand didn't stand a chance to make the playoffs for 4 seasons between 2010-2014. When your season is done before January 1st for 4 straight seasons then I totally get why you would feel this way. Sucks when your season begins in late October and is done by December 31st.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside has improved in leaps and bounds in that department.
Good coaching and hard work will usually lead to those types of results.

Wiggy must be watching film from when he was in China.

Yep. His game vs Kemba was amazing last week. Dealing with all those high P&R on such a great player like Walker was simply amazing.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside is an elite talent and deserves to be in any discussion involving the best centers in the game... but its hard to disagree with Wiggy on saying that the Cavs wouldn't want him at his salary.

The Cavs obviously don't have room for that salary. You'd have to start talking about Kyrie or Love being shipped out... and it just wouldn't make sense the way they've constructed that roster around LeBron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron better get in the MVP talk - and seriously--- hes been insanely good this year...he just had a triple double last night the fastest he ever has in his career- anyone that thinks he is slowing down is on crack.

Look at those stats

54% from the field, 39% from 3, 26 points, 8.9 assists (career high), 8.4 rebounds (career high).

David Griffin has done an amazing job of putting players around LeBron that allow him to use his full-terrifyingly-good skill set.

basically 54%, 26, 9 and 8...i mean...thats just crazy. If he didnt have an *MVP award and their was no voter fatigue- i cant see how he would not win it.

Not only that- but his leadership is off the charts as well.

Give the guy his 5th MVP. He deserves it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they still had 3 other allstars....

I have to agree with Wiggy on this one. :shocked:

Yes, the Warriors have 3 other all stars, but KD is a huge piece of their puzzle and when he is suddenly removed from the lineup, there is going to be an adjustment. Add to that the fact that the Warriors depleted their bench to get him and you have a huge hole to fill, and less capable players to fill it with.

As long as he's not out for the season, the Warriors should be fine once he returns.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside is an elite talent and deserves to be in any discussion involving the best centers in the game... but its hard to disagree with Wiggy on saying that the Cavs wouldn't want him at his salary.

The Cavs obviously don't have room for that salary. You'd have to start talking about Kyrie or Love being shipped out... and it just wouldn't make sense the way they've constructed that roster around LeBron.
what? you dont want to pay a guy a quarter of your cap to clog the middle for LeBron and Kyrie? cmon...a guy that cant shoot, cant pass, and cant switch....

i mean- those are the exact charterstics of a guy you WOULDNT want to play with LeBron. There is a reason why in his entire career LeBron has never played with a big time center, or a big time pure point guard--- those type of guys limit his ability to use his full repertoire of dominant skills.

its why Griffin has done such a great job bringing in guys that fit with LeBron-- the Love's, Frye's, Korver's, etc...

I mean- if Whiteside made 12M and was happy being a garbage man and getting his shots off offensive rebounds and broken plays-- sure....if he was getting paid 24 million and thought he deserved 12 shots a game? LOL... i mean...cmon now...common sense would rule the day.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If James is a true max at lets say 40M, then George shouldn't get more then around 30M.
Why should they be paid equally?

Because the NBA doesn't have a free market system. As long as there is a cap (especially one that also has a floor), the best in the league will never be paid what they are actually worth while many, many other players end up getting paid more than they are actually worth.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron better get in the MVP talk - and seriously--- hes been insanely good this year...he just had a triple double last night the fastest he ever has in his career- anyone that thinks he is slowing down is on crack.

Look at those stats

54% from the field, 39% from 3, 26 points, 8.9 assists (career high), 8.4 rebounds (career high).

David Griffin has done an amazing job of putting players around LeBron that allow him to use his full-terrifyingly-good skill set.

basically 54%, 26, 9 and 8...i mean...thats just crazy. If he didnt have an *MVP award and their was no voter fatigue- i cant see how he would not win it.

Not only that- but his leadership is off the charts as well.

Give the guy his 5th MVP. He deserves it.

I was a little dissappointed to see the results of a GM survey they did last week. Only 1 of the 20 GMs in the survey picked LeBron for MVP.

The MVP seems to have become so much about who "surprises". If you don't surprise people with what you accomplish, they don't care. And LeBron is way past the point of surprising anyone.

He's having one of his top-3 seasons of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.