• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY- the cap is what it is. I couldnt agree more- Thats why not only is Paul George without a doubt 100% absolutely a max player- unless you are completely retarded and dont understand math- lots and lots of guys with less talent are max players.

And yet the Pacers are a game over .500.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/ that. The funny thing is if Whiteside played for his Cavs he'd be pimping him up on a daily basis.

It would be worse than his daily Lebron and Kyrie love sonnets.

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id agree with you if you played 11 guys like a football team. lol.

the "hockey style" depth team will never win in the NBA playoffs when rotations tighten up, defenses tighten up, and effort significantly goes up.

watch.....we are just a few short weeks away....you need stars to win- no question. Only team that i can ever remember winning without a top flight player is the Pistons. Can you remember any others?--- and chanucey andr asheed were prob close- if not top 20 guys...

if you dont have a top 20 guy--- your chances are pretty much A BIG FAT GOOSE EGG.

Like I said, none of "those" teams stand a chance.

You need multiple stars to run with the Warriors, Spurs or healthy Cavs.
Overpaying a George to lesson your depth accomplishes what?

As far as rotations tightening up, could it be that they have to because of the lack of quality depth on the roster??

If the Heat makes it, they will still go 9-10 deep depending on Josh Richardson.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He clearly hates Whiteside. The difference between him and I is that I can hate a player but can still be honest when it comes to rating that player.

Exactly. There are a lot of folks on here that dislike Lebron. But I don't know of anyone who doesn't say he's the best player in the game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little dissappointed to see the results of a GM survey they did last week. Only 1 of the 20 GMs in the survey picked LeBron for MVP.

The MVP seems to have become so much about who "surprises". If you don't surprise people with what you accomplish, they don't care. And LeBron is way past the point of surprising anyone.

He's having one of his top-3 seasons of all time.
I agree...great post...

its like an award of who is a great player but surpasses their expectations the most.

If you asked LeBron I wouldnt be surprised if he told you he is the best he ever has been right now and that this has been his best overall season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the NBA doesn't have a free market system. As long as there is a cap (especially one that also has a floor), the best in the league will never be paid what they are actually worth while many, many other players end up getting paid more than they are actually worth.

This I know, and that is why I'm seeing the better option as possibly being volume of quality vs overpaying one "star", who isn't ever going to be good enough to win you a ring.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat built a better roster minus Bosh and 25% use of their salary cap.

Yup. Amazing how Wiggy keeps leaving that out? We should be around the 76ers and Nets, yet here we are in a prime position to make the playoffs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. There are a lot of folks on here that dislike Lebron. But I don't know of anyone who doesn't say he's the best player in the game.

So you're saying Swappy P isn't the bestest baller in the NBA? If so I'm a little disappointed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little dissappointed to see the results of a GM survey they did last week. Only 1 of the 20 GMs in the survey picked LeBron for MVP.

The MVP seems to have become so much about who "surprises". If you don't surprise people with what you accomplish, they don't care. And LeBron is way past the point of surprising anyone.

He's having one of his top-3 seasons of all time.

Doesn't surprise or disappoint me at all for 2 reasons.

1.) Lebron literally averages a near triple double every single season. It's what everyone is used to and expects from him. So, in a sense, we just take it for granted that he's going to do that and that works against him.

2.) There are at least 2 players having better seasons, 1 of whom is on the verge of making history.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the NBA doesn't have a free market system. As long as there is a cap (especially one that also has a floor), the best in the league will never be paid what they are actually worth while many, many other players end up getting paid more than they are actually worth.

So, assuming production is the same next year as this year, you think the Lakers would be a better team with Paul George or if they had Johnson, Johnson and Waiters?

Salaries figure to be about equal.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I know, and that is why I'm seeing the better option as possibly being volume of quality vs overpaying one "star", who isn't ever going to be good enough to win you a ring.

Yeah, I agree with your post from awhile back when you suggested that going forward, title teams may be built more like the Heat.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside would def help the Cavs---- but at his contract? no way--- that kind of contract that Whiteside has- for a plodding big that cant shoot, cant pass, and cant switch defensviely hamstrings your team. Would be a terrible fit in an offense that relies on giving lebron and kyrie spacinga nd shooting.

if Whiteside made like 12M and was happy with 5-7 shots a game? sure....at 24 million and if he wanted to be a substantial part of the offense? LOL...hell to the no.

Are you going to share the insight on how you created your Top 15 list and put 3 C above Whiteside?

As far as this other nonsense, Tristan is making near as much as Whiteside, so try again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post. I mean- this is just common sense to most people.

I mean- there is a players union- if there was a free market system- guys like Durant/LeBron/Curry etc. would be getting paid astronomical sums of money- and the NBA upper-middle-class and middle-class would effectively dissapear.

Status
Not open for further replies.