• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you switched James and George, the Pacers would be the team most likely going to the Finals and the Cavs would be fighting to make the playoffs.

You can use all the adjectives you want, but if he was all that, Pacers would be better.

Nobody is gutting their future to get him.

Put KD on that team and they're not 6th in the east and fighting for a playoffs spot. PG-13 is a great player but not sure he makes teammates better. He is one of those guys who need other teammates basically on his level to have any success in this league. He's no Lebron James, Kevin Durant, James Harden, or Kawhi Leonard

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never trust ESPN. Now I'm sure we get in.

I think 10-5 guarantees a spot.
9-6 maybe, but on paper we should do better.
Heat need to take Pelicans and Wolves very seriously.
I could see us splitting those if our heads arent right.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"too slow and plodding"

"can't guard the perimeter"

"blackballed from the league"

"he'll melt down soon enough"

"he'll get lazy now that he's paid"

who am i quoting and who's he talking about, ladies and gents...?:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put KD on that team and they're not 6th in the east and fighting for a playoffs spot. PG-13 is a great player but not sure he makes teammates better. He is one of those guys who need other teammates basically on his level to have any success in this league. He's no Lebron James, Kevin Durant, James Harden, or Kawhi Leonard

In other words, hes a very talented player, but not near the leader you need to win a title.
Is he REALLY worth 40M+ per season?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"too slow and plodding"

Ill take Wiggy/Whiteside for $500, Alex.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill take Wiggy/Whiteside for $500, Alex.

lol oh i'm sure there was more, but those were the ones that came to mind first...

point is the guy's been tearing it up consistently for a while now, but Wiggy's STILL waiting for the guy to implode...

#wouldntholdmybreath

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol oh i'm sure there was more, but those were the ones that came to mind first...

point is the guy's been tearing it up consistently for a while now, but Wiggy's STILL waiting for the guy to implode...

#wouldntholdmybreath

I think maybe he has 2 t's for the whole season.
Hes worked harder now then when he was broke.
Its a phenominal story, which BK posted the video of a few days ago.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta go with BKS on the George situation Wiggy. There was no deals by Boston because they were not giving up those picks.

Magic is tanking the Lakers, which is the right decision for now

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this was your chance to nut up, but you took the pussy route instead. You had nothing. This was your chance to show credibility, but you showed your ass.......again. You raved about the signing of Bogut - the tone of your responses reaked of your usual homerism.
i thought you blocked me? and again-

i never said Bogut would be dominant- i even said he wouldnt touch the court against Golden State. Can you actually back your bullshit up with a post of mine? No? Maybe if you actually READ you would have a clue....Ohh okay then---here are two responses i did have:

"i get what you are saying- and id agree with Bogut was playing a little better.

Even if Bogut comes to Cleveland- he is gonna be well behind Love, Frye and Thompson- he wouldnt be a guy you would play for more than 10-15 minutes a game. While that is PERFECT for the role he would have--- Deron Williams isa guy who has been playing a lot more this year and could do some nice things.

i just think Williams would have a much bigger role than Bogut. Its why i wouldnt be too devastated if they get Sanders instead of Bogut--- dont get me wrong- id rather have Bogut--- but Bogut really hasnt been so hot this year. 10-15 minutes a game as the 4th big and some dpeth in case something happens? AMAZING....anything more than that and i gotta question if he could handle it."

here is another one:

"Cavs are in pretty much the same spot. They do have Love and Frye---- Bogut is just injury protection if anything.

I mean- the Cavs arent playing a "traditional" center barely any minutes----- especially iwht LeBron being able to move down to the 4.

between Love, Thompson, Frye, Derrick Williams (who will be better for small lineups), and LeBron- i wouldnt think there would be much time left for Bogut either

to me- Bogut seems like insurance against injury- or if the Cavs need size and want to get more physical (which pretty much disqualifies him vs. the Warriors- but maybe not against Boston? i dunno)"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta go with BKS on the George situation Wiggy. There was no deals by Boston because they were not giving up those picks.

Magic is tanking the Lakers, which is the right decision for now
my point was there was no way the Pacers were giving him up without a HUMONGOUS haul- because finding a top 15 player in his prime is near impossible in the NBA- especially at the small forward spot and a guy that can play both ends like George. He would instantly have been the best celtic.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree wiggy but you cant move forward if they wanted all our talent

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylen Brown is maturing in front of our eyes, especially his defense The Celtics need patience

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"too slow and plodding"

I think you summed that up well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this was your chance to nut up, but you took the pussy route instead. You had nothing. This was your chance to show credibility, but you showed your ass.......again. You raved about the signing of Bogut - the tone of your responses reaked of your usual homerism.
cant find a post to back up your bullshit after i posted 2 of them? sound about right...lol.....my "tone"...lol....thats hilarious.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylen Brown is maturing in front of our eyes, especially his defense The Celtics need patience
SF is the hardest position to find a great player if you ask me....

looking back at that draft- if you were to re-do your pick- i still think you prob take Brown. In fairness- this last NBA draft looks pretty horrible in retrospect- but Brown looks to be near the top of the list.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George is AT least a top 20 player- prob top 15.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, hes a very talented player, but not near the leader you need to win a title.
Is he REALLY worth 40M+ per season?
how many guys qualify as "leaders you need to win a title" in the league? 5? 6?

my point is- Paul George is a true franchise player- prob a top 15 player- and would be the best player on just about any team he is on- or AT LEAST half the teams in the league- prob more like 2/3rds.- certainly would be by far the best player on the Heat.

the most valuable thing in basketball is an All-Star top 20 player in his prime. And George is just that- you cant overpay for that type of guy unless it just gets crazy.

Last edited:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors apparently trying new rotations tonight, so their defense is for shit so far.

I'm really wondering about the team's heart lately. Curry needs to give LeBron at least one of his MVPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.