• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats just not based on reality. do you even know how much tehy can offer iggy? if you did you wouldnt think that.

It's not about how much they can offer Iguodala, but how much other teams out there will spend on him. I don't think he'll have a huge market to begin with in the first place. Couple that with the fact that he loves the bay area and has significant investments in technology companies in the Silicon Valley, it makes it plausible.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list of all-time career Box Plus-Minus is pretty interesting. I really think we might be enjoying a golden age right now in the NBA.

2cnh7hv.jpg
i think the lack of parity in todays game has something to do with that. "Super teams" have always existed. but with a greatly expanded league, the difference between the best and worst teams, and the middle of the road teams and the best teams has never been greater.

of course the greatly increased efficiency of the college system, and the greatly increased efficiency of around-the-world scouting- should mitigate the league expansion to some level- but it seems teams are more top heavy then they have ever been....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about how much they can offer Iguodala, but how much other teams out there will spend on him. I don't think he'll have a huge market to begin with in the first place. Couple that with the fact that he loves the bay area and has significant investments in technology companies in the Silicon Valley, it makes it plausible.
that is very true.

if the best he gets is like 2 years 20- maybe he doesnt take it and takes the mini-mid level exception- i doubt it- but its possible- the mini mid level is going to be a little bit bigger than it currently is at 3.5 a year.

now if he gets 3 years 36 million- thats a lot more extra cash to give away. i

if someone decides to give him 15m a year- then i dont know how he turns that down to take like 5---- but i dont know who would give him 15---- but ya never know with how the league has been going.

could i see philly spending some cap room to bring home a vet like that on a 2 year deal worth 28M ? ehhh...maybe maybe not...but stranger things have happened.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come if the struggling Cavs solve the puzzle, whats happening now means nothing, but when the Heat obviously have solved their puzzle all we hear about is their record beforehand?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come if the struggling Cavs solve the puzzle, whats happening now means nothing, but when the Heat obiously has solved their puzzle all we hear about is their record beforehand?
giphy.gif

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who LIVE here & KNOW more about the Warriors than what's given on SC highlights understood what I was saying.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come if the struggling Cavs solve the puzzle, whats happening now means nothing, but when the Heat obviously have solved their puzzle all we hear about is their record beforehand?
because im not saying the Cavs losses dont count because of injuries/signings/trades. Your record is what it is- every team has injuries. They dont count games at the beginning of the season any more/less than they do at the end of the season.- Winning streaks dont count for extra.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know....Delly was such a huge part of the Cavs winning the championship last year...those 13 minutes (most of which occurred in the 1st win which was a blowout) are going to be just impossible to replace....maybe not as hard as those 11 minutes from mozgov (7 of which were in the game 1 blow out)

between the two players they played a combined NINE MINUTES in the last 3 wins were just crucial.......not 9 minutes combined per game--- 9 minutest TOTAL combined for the last 3 games...i mean that works out to what?....each guy played 1.5 minutes per game during the historic comeback?......obviously they were both crucial to the Cavs defense and that comeback.

i just have no clue how they replace productivity like that.....

Well, I look forward to your wonderful insight as to why the Cavs defense is shit.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because im not saying the Cavs losses dont count because of injuries/signings/trades. Your record is what it is- every team has injuries. They dont count games at the beginning of the season any more/less than they do at the end of the season.- Winning streaks dont count for extra.

That is true.
In the end your record is what is is, but a team with more losses then other teams can
still be a much harder playoff matchup, if that team is playing as well as the Heat is.

No top 4 team today would rather play the Heat right now vs option of playing Bulls, Bucks, Pacers or Pistons.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Switch just came out, and it has a new Zelda game

Link to the past is my fav of all time tho
link to the past was the best....such a good game. so good, the hookshot? dark world/lightwo rld? amazing video game- one of the best ever- Snes has so many good rpgs.

ocarina was great though to- but F the water temple.

Reactions: TJL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true.
In the end your record is what is is, but a team with more losses then other teams can
still be a much harder playoff matchup, if that team is playing as well as the Heat is.

No top 4 team today would rather play the Heat right now vs option of playing Bulls, Bucks, Pacers or Pistons.
id rather play the heat then play jimmy butler and dwade in a playoff series.

there is no way the heat beat the cavs- if butler and or wade go crazy- it could get interesting- and the cavs record againt the bulls might be even worse than the heat, lol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there is no way the heat beat the cavs- if butler and or wade go crazy- it could get interesting- and the cavs record againt the bulls might be even worse than the heat, lol.

I thought it was now a league of 3 point shooting??

Bulls are prob worst outside shooting team is playoff contention.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As quiet as it's kept I think either team is a bad match up for the Cavs. But if things stay as they are in terms of seeding you will be playing one of them in the first round.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was now a league of 3 point shooting??

Bulls are prob worst outside shooting team is playoff contention.

Saw that to. Can't have it both ways. Also, I don't take the Bulls seriously. Real possibility that they don't even make the playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the Cavs do have a championship with the main core. The Heat have played great over the last couple months and winning one series in the playoffs would be an accomplishment for that squad. The expectations are just much different. I wouldn't say either puzzle is solved or broken, bc it is still the regular season, which unless you are fighting for a playoff spot means nothing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As quiet as it's kept I think either team is a bad match up for the Cavs. But if things stay as they are in terms of seeding you will be playing one of them in the first round.

Bucks,Pistons,Pacers are all still on the possibility list.

Status
Not open for further replies.