• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Cavs do have a championship with the main core. The Heat have played great over the last couple months and winning one series in the playoffs would be an accomplishment for that squad. The expectations are just much different. I wouldn't say either puzzle is solved or broken, bc it is still the regular season, which unless you are fighting for a playoff spot means nothing.

As much as Warriors need Durant back, playing well, Cavs are in same boat with Love.
Without James on the court, even with Kyrie, Cavs are awful.
Ourscored 64-19 last 2, and James didnt sit that many minutes.
If James has to play 40 mpg, he'll run out of gas IMO.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about how much they can offer Iguodala, but how much other teams out there will spend on him. I don't think he'll have a huge market to begin with in the first place. Couple that with the fact that he loves the bay area and has significant investments in technology companies in the Silicon Valley, it makes it plausible.

People who LIVE here & KNOW more about the Warriors than what's given on SC highlights understood what I was saying.

What you 2 don't understand is that despite not watching any of their games, Wiggy knows more about your team than you do. Remember, he's "ridiculously more informed than anyone these boards."

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very lucky for the Dubs

I don't know how anyone thought he didn't have a concussion. They reported his symptoms & it's hard to say he didn't suffer even a mild case concussion.

And it is luck for the Warriors based on the way they've been playing lately.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how anyone thought he didn't have a concussion. They reported his symptoms & it's hard to say he didn't suffer even a mild case concussion.

And it is luck for the Warriors based on the way they've been playing lately.

Bosh thinks Khawi should be able to play

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you 2 don't understand is that despite not watching any of their games, Wiggy knows more about your team than you do. Remember, he's "ridiculously more informed than anyone these boards."

I just googled ' informed' and Wiggys bio came up.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is very true.

if the best he gets is like 2 years 20- maybe he doesnt take it and takes the mini-mid level exception- i doubt it- but its possible- the mini mid level is going to be a little bit bigger than it currently is at 3.5 a year.

now if he gets 3 years 36 million- thats a lot more extra cash to give away. i

if someone decides to give him 15m a year- then i dont know how he turns that down to take like 5---- but i dont know who would give him 15---- but ya never know with how the league has been going.

could i see philly spending some cap room to bring home a vet like that on a 2 year deal worth 28M ? ehhh...maybe maybe not...but stranger things have happened.

I mean, anything is realistically possible. Any free agent looking for the cash out will likely be able to get something decent in this market.

But Iguodala also took a pay cut to come to the Warriors 3 years ago because he knew of his opportunities out here. And it wasn't just to win. He's said on multiple occasions the tipping point for him was that he was looking to set him self up for a post career and being the bay area helps with that. He's mentioned in multiple interviews how he reads technology and business articles daily and those are his main source of recreation on plane rides.

I mean it's very easy that he could be gone next year, but not only is there precedent for him already taking a pay cut to come to the Warriors, but his numbers really aren't justifiable for teams to spend on him. He provides more value to the Warriors than he would for another team. So if you're looking at it from the perspective of say a team like the Jazz, would you offer 12M a year for a guy who's 33 and currently averaging 6.7 pts, 3.4 assist and 4.0 rebounds a game?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very lucky for the Dubs

Honestly, kind of hoped he played. I wanted to see how this Warrior team responded to another top team in their conference who they could potentially face in the playoffs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but his numbers really aren't justifiable for teams to spend on him.

Gotta disagree. I don't disagree that his numbers with the Warriors don't justify teams spending on him. But I think that teams may take into consideration what his role will be on their team vs. what his role is on the Warriors. He's likely to have a bigger role on another team and would therefore put up bigger numbers.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, kind of hoped he played. I wanted to see how this Warrior team responded to another top team in their conference who they could potentially face in the playoffs.
I get this- but only want to see this when BOTH teams are healthy. Only way IMO to get a true gauge on the match up.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree. I don't disagree that his numbers with the Warriors don't justify teams spending on him. But I think that teams may take into consideration what his role will be on their team vs. what his role is on the Warriors. He's likely to have a bigger role on another team and would therefore put up bigger numbers.

That's true also. I forget teams are actually informed on these sorts of things. I had my fan perspective hat on there.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get this- but only want to see this when BOTH teams are healthy. Only way IMO to get a true gauge on the match up.

I actually love the fact the Warriors are going through adversity early. My view is that they don't have that killer instinct in them because the game comes so easy 95% of the time. The 5% when it doesn't go their way they brush it off as an out-lier. Right now they cannot deny that they're in a bit of a rut and need to find their way.

I'd much rather them find themselves here in the home stretch than try to figure out a solution in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the playoffs.

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true also. I forget teams are actually informed on these sorts of things. I had my fan perspective hat on there.

Based on what you and LAD have said and the little I've read about it, I think he probably stays. About the only way I could see him leaving is if a team with the potential to play for a title offers him more money.

He ain't leaving for a payday with teams like the Lakers, Knicks, Nets or Suns. lol

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree here. But my point was more along the lines of him already stressing how much he likes being a Warrior & how he's talked about wanting become a Warrior prior to signing here. He also does talk about his business opportunities that are tied to the Bay Area & how his love technology comes second only to basketball. I think he likes the culture & the guys he plays with & that's why I can see him taking another pay cut to stay.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually love the fact the Warriors are going through adversity early. My view is that they don't have that killer instinct in them because the game comes so easy 95% of the time. The 5% when it doesn't go their way they brush it off as an out-lier. Right now they cannot deny that they're in a bit of a rut and need to find their way.

I'd much rather them find themselves here in the home stretch than try to figure out a solution in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the playoffs.
Couldn't agree more- and I think getting consecutive wins under their belt right now will help ignite their focus.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what you and LAD have said and the little I've read about it, I think he probably stays. About the only way I could see him leaving is if a team with the potential to play for a title offers him more money.

He ain't leaving for a payday with teams like the Lakers, Knicks, Nets or Suns. lol

What NBA star Andre Iguodala is learning as a tech investor

"Andre Iguodala is on a mission to change how his fellow NBA players get in the game of investing their millions -- particularly in tech."

"Iguodala said he joined the Warriors in 2013 not only because it was a team on the rise, but also because of its proximity to Silicon Valley tech companies, especially startup investing. Now he wants his basketball peers to seek similar interests."

"Iguodala and Cline Thomas say they have invested in about 15 companies in three years, including Bevel, a popular shaving kit catering to African-American men created by health and beauty startup Walker & Company Brands and sold in retailers like Target."

Status
Not open for further replies.