• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually love the fact the Warriors are going through adversity early. My view is that they don't have that killer instinct in them because the game comes so easy 95% of the time. The 5% when it doesn't go their way they brush it off as an out-lier. Right now they cannot deny that they're in a bit of a rut and need to find their way.

I'd much rather them find themselves here in the home stretch than try to figure out a solution in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the playoffs.
i agree with this- i think teams need to go through that adversity- like the Cavs last year, firing blatt, love free agency rumors, and so much other bullshit it wasnt even funny- it tempered them for the playoffs though...when they got punched in the face by the Warriors- they were able to punch back- and the Warriors didnt have the mental toughness to counterpunch like the Cavs did.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually love the fact the Warriors are going through adversity early. My view is that they don't have that killer instinct in them because the game comes so easy 95% of the time. The 5% when it doesn't go their way they brush it off as an out-lier. Right now they cannot deny that they're in a bit of a rut and need to find their way.

I'd much rather them find themselves here in the home stretch than try to figure out a solution in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the playoffs.

Yeah, that was part of my criticism with the Warriors last year. When did they hit any type of adversity? Going against the Thunder in the WCF? That's it. You need shit to happen to you during the regular season. Miami in 2013, as impressive as the 27-game winning streak was. Most sensible Heat fans knew that we weren't getting better. We just kept winning and weren't getting our asses kicked enough to where we recognized what the team needed to improve on.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one has to do any convincing for Iguodala. Draymond has always wanted to get guys paid. Actually Iguodala himself has been the biggest champion of getting guys paid.

But that doesn't change the fact that strategically, it might make more sense for Iguodala to decide for himself to stay. The financial incentives are much more than about his next salary. Again there's already precedent here.

Aside from that Livingston, Pachulia, McGee, West, Clark, could all move on to greener(pun intended) pastures.

Did you read that C-Net article I posted. Gives some great insight to what he's trying to accomplish.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was part of my criticism with the Warriors last year. When did they hit any type of adversity? Going against the Thunder in the WCF? That's it. You need shit to happen to you during the regular season. Miami in 2013, as impressive as the 27-game winning streak was. Most sensible Heat fans knew that we weren't getting better. We just kept winning and weren't getting our asses kicked enough to where we recognized what the team needed to improve on.
Ummm Curry getting hurt & missing 2 1/2 weeks of the playoffs wasn't enough adversity for you??? :scratch:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has to do any convincing for Iguodala. Draymond has always wanted to get guys paid. Actually Iguodala himself has been the biggest champion of getting guys paid.

But that doesn't change the fact that strategically, it might make more sense for Iguodala to decide for himself to stay. The financial incentives are much more than about his next salary. Again there's already precedent here.

Aside from that Livingston, Pachulia, McGee, West, Clark, could all move on to greener(pun intended) pastures.

Did you read that C-Net article I posted. Gives some great insight to what he's trying to accomplish.
im just saying its unrealistic at a certain point- but like you said- it depends on the offers.

the mini mid level will prob be about 5M a year. If its the difference between 15 million and 45 total or 5 million and 15 total- to quote "The Hawk"- HE GONE!

if its the difference between 2 years 16M and 2 years 10M---- okay thats at least slightly realistic.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm Curry getting hurt & missing 2 1/2 weeks of the playoffs wasn't enough adversity for you??? :scratch:

Not really. I'm talking about going through the lulls and struggles of the regular season. As a team you can then recognize what you need to improve on. Injuries are one thing, having your roster intact and sucking at certain intervals allows a coaching staff to recognize what's broken and how to fix it. Injuries provide no benefit whatsoever because you could account Cleveland's defensive struggles to injuries as opposed to just getting players acclimated in their system.

And let's be honest, the Rockets were a flat joke and didn't need Curry last year against them.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Being out in the Bay area definitely provides a lot of great incentives. Especially if Iggy's trying to get in the tech market. No better area to be in. Will be interesting to see how the Warriors moves play out next season.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being out in the Bay area definitely provides a lot of great incentives. Especially if Iggy's trying to get in the tech market. No better area to be in. Will be interesting to see how the Warriors moves play out next season.

He's already invested in over 15 start ups in the 3 years he's been here. The financial incentive for him is exponentially more than when he took a pay cut years ago.

Again, I'm not saying it's a done deal he will opt to do it again, just saying that it's not outside the realm of possibility. Much more so than say Livingston.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I'm talking about going through the lulls and struggles of the regular season. As a team you can then recognize what you need to improve on. Injuries are one thing, having your roster intact and sucking at certain intervals allows a coaching staff to recognize what's broken and how to fix it. Injuries provide no benefit whatsoever because you could account Cleveland's defensive struggles to injuries as opposed to just getting players acclimated in their system.

And let's be honest, the Rockets were a flat joke and didn't need Curry last year against them.

Yeah, the Warriors had a cake 1st and 2nd round having to play the Rockets and Blazers. Again the Warriors have always done well traditionally against opponents who have high powered offense and little defense.

This adversity is much heavier than the one they received last year.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
176_julia-roberts-face.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, I was looking forward to Warriors vs. Spurs.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk, I just want it for Zelda
See, my kids aren't in to Zelda.

One is psycho for Skylanders and the other is all about Yo Kai Watch and pokemon.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already invested in over 15 start ups in the 3 years he's been here. The financial incentive for him is exponentially more than when he took a pay cut years ago.

Again, I'm not saying it's a done deal he will opt to do it again, just saying that it's not outside the realm of possibility. Much more so than say Livingston.

Yeah, you hit lucky on a couple of startups, watch out. In two years, Amazon's stocks went from the low $200 per share to around mid-$800's. Hell, Snapchat blew the hell up. Having that close internal dialogue where you could meet with these startups personally gives you a leg up on the investment track. But again, depends on Iggy. Besides, I'll trust Jerry West on how to construct the Dubs going forward.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here are a few of the first free agents list i saw...

if you are around a top 20 free agent- what do you think you get paid in todays league?

Ranking the NBA's top 20 prospective free agents of 2017 | FOX Sports

NBA Free Agency 2017: The top players

Early look at NBA's loaded 2017 free agent class

I don't think you are gonna see to many ridiculous Turner/Biyombo/Bazemore deals this Summer.

Maybe a few RFA'S will be overpaid by teams trying to steal them.

But, do you see anyone maxing out George Hill, Jrue Holiday or Teague?

I don't.

When other teams are allowed to offer deals to the Randle, Parker, Embiid and Lavine draft class, that's when things will get interesting.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here are a few of the first free agents list i saw...

if you are around a top 20 free agent- what do you think you get paid in todays league?

Ranking the NBA's top 20 prospective free agents of 2017 | FOX Sports

NBA Free Agency 2017: The top players

Early look at NBA's loaded 2017 free agent class

So I'm really not sure what you're getting at here.

I'm saying it's not outside the realm of possibility he stays. And all I did was support that with information already out there. Not even speculation, just actual facts.

I mean if you disagree, cool.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Williams should be arrested for assaulting Biyombo in such a violent manner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.