• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what has he "accomplished" lol. list me the GREAT accomplishments of Hassan Whiteside! LOL :lol:

being a shit head that got black balled from the league he had such a bad attitude and now the starting center on a team that would have to bust its ass to get to .500 in his age 27 season? lol.

ya think if Whiteside was a 22 year old kid who's best side kick was Reggie Jackson and he led his team to 44 wins i would say he is garbage?

hes garbage because his stats severely overate his impact on a fairly crappy eastern conference team. Not a VERY crappy EC team like Orlando or the Nets...but a fairly crappy team.

You keep using the term "black balled", but I don't think you know what it means.

And yeah, Heat are well on its way to getting back to .500. Pretty impressive given that we started off 11-30 with all of the injuries that we had to start the season. How many games has Winslow played? How many games has Josh Richardson played?

Seems the Cavs could use injuries as an excuse for whenever they lose. But the Heat, nah.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Robinson is playing for the Delaware 87ers? And he's 32.....seems like some team might want to look into adding him for their playoff roster. He's a solid backup for 15mpg or so. He could help some team out that needs some depth.

Where's Nate ?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also pretty impressive to see what the Heat are doing considering we've been without our perceived starting 2-guard and wing in Richardson and Winslow. Furthermore, we're currently 5 games below .500 (after starting 11-30) where we're operating at a 25% handicap compared to the rest of the league given the Bosh situation.

But yeah, lets keep poking at the Heat for being below .500. That sure doesn't make you look like an ignorant cvnt.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC the Cavs were ALSO withOut Irving and/or Love for 9 of those 19 LeBron-less Losses... but let's not allow proper perspective to get in the way

First of all, it's 20 Lebron-less losses. Second, what about the other 11? Is 4-11 without Lebron supposed to be a good record?

But hey, let's not let reality get in the way.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets discuss any part of his game that is better then Whitesides.

Fractionally fewer turnovers, fewer fouls, more steals, more assists, more 3 pointers (lol)

Truthfully though, their stats are only fractions apart in virtually every category. Whiteside is 4 years older though, implying that Drummond would have more upside left.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question. Why would Bogut want to sign with Cleveland over Golden State?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in his career, is he really a positive addition for a playoff team? He's been pretty terrible recently.
The only time he ever played well this year was when Rose was out, Jennings is only a viable piece when he is the main ball hander and is getting solid minutes so that he can get in a flow, he's a very streaky shooter. So when he's a back up PG only getting 18-20 minutes a game, he isn't ever going to be able to get a streak going.

He killed my fantasy teams FG% all year, shooting around 38%, I finally had enough and dropped him a few days ago, right before he was released.

But when Rose was out, and he was the main ball handler, he was averaging about 20 ppg and 8 APG, only problem is that no one is going to bring him on to be a starting PG, so he's going to suck forever, he should think about going back and playing over seas.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question. Why would Bogut want to sign with Cleveland over Golden State?

I think there's a few reasons he would sign with Cleveland over GS.

1) Cleveland could give him an actual role that is a need for the team. The Cavs lack depth at the center position and need a quality backup to Tristan. He would be much more likely to make an impact for them on a nightly basis than the Warriors.

2) The Warriors have Pachulia and McGee who have been playing well in their roles this year. Would Bogut be willing to possibly come on as a 3rd string C?

3) Joining the Cavs would be the easiest path back to the finals for him, with him being a contributor.

4) While he didn't leave the Warriors on an entirely sour note, it wasn't all roses either. I think there is still some part of him that believes his benching in the finals was not warranted.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in his career, is he really a positive addition for a playoff team? He's been pretty terrible recently.

Supposedly the Warriors are looking to sign Calderon if he and the Lakers agree to a buyout. It's more about veterans not making rookie mistakes under pressure than great production.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Cleveland could give him an actual role that is a need for the team. The Cavs lack depth at the center position and need a quality backup to Tristan. He would be much more likely to make an impact for them on a nightly basis than the Warriors.

2) The Warriors have Pachulia and McGee who have been playing well in their roles this year. Would Bogut be willing to possibly come on as a 3rd string C?

3) Joining the Cavs would be the easiest path back to the finals for him, with him being a contributor.

4) While he didn't leave the Warriors on an entirely sour note, it wasn't all roses either. I think there is still some part of him that believes his benching in the finals was not warranted.

Gotta think Bogut would immediately leap-frog McGee, if not Pachulia as well.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See, I'd assume that Bogut would take on a bigger role than 3rd string center.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly the Warriors are looking to sign Calderon if he and the Lakers agree to a buyout. It's more about veterans not making rookie mistakes under pressure than great production.
couldnt of said it better myself (or wait- i did about a 1,000 times)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fractionally fewer turnovers, fewer fouls, more steals, more assists, more 3 pointers (lol)

Truthfully though, their stats are only fractions apart in virtually every category. Whiteside is 4 years older though, implying that Drummond would have more upside left.

Drummond might be younger, but hes been in the league longer.
Hes not improving in any area.
Whiteside is.
Last year I could agree to make a 50/50 case for either.

This year, I feel the scale has tipped Whitesides way.

Reactions: TJL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Warriors have to play a little bit of a long gme with their bench though.

they cant just cut guys- because with how the cap is going up- the developmental end of their roster is being reserved for guys that will have to play meaningful roles next season.

in all likelihood livingsotn and iggy will be gone since they wont have the money to sign either- the warriors bench players now- these dleaguers and former draft picks- the mccaws looneys mcgees etc.- will have larger roles next year on the warriors- they cant just cut those guys to pick up vets that may or may not get on the floor this year even if they would probably be a bigger help for this years playoffs.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, it's 20 Lebron-less losses. Second, what about the other 11? Is 4-11 without Lebron supposed to be a good record?

But hey, let's not let reality get in the way.

Better passer & defensive center vs. Pachulia. (it might be awkward if Ws immediately benched Pachulia for Bogut) Out of 70 centers -- Bogut is still ranked #2 in defensive rankings (DRPM by ESPN) -- behind Gobert.

Bogut could have Cavs more -- e.g., JV of the Raptors normally get a few low post baskets vs. TT where he overpowers TT.

Status
Not open for further replies.