• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, well look at that.

Mavericks' Carlisle: Heat's Erik Spoelstra a Coach of Year candidate

"These guys are legit," Carlisle said after the Mavericks' morning shootaround. "I've been around this a long time. I don't know if I've ever seen a better drive-and-kick, share-the-ball, great-chemistry team than what they've got going right now, the whole time I've been in this league.

"And nobody's talking about 'em. That's the amazing thing."

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I'd assume that Bogut would take on a bigger role than 3rd string center.

The Warriors already have a ton of centers on the roster. While Bogut might be better than some, they're not cutting their last two draft picks (Jones and Looney) and McGee/Pachulia/McAdoo aren't likely to go anywhere either right now.

The Warriors will likely only play a center for 30 minutes a game in the playoffs and go small with Draymond there and KD at the 4 a lot. That means you'd have 3 players playing for 30 minutes a night.

Pachulia's role wouldn't go anywhere for the simple fact he's a 78% free throw shooter. He's a very good passer and his offensive ability to score the ball is way superior to Bogut.

You look at McGee and he brings so much athleticism to the second unit it's hard to replicate. His defense isn't as good as Bogut's but he's still a presence out there. Bogut's much better passing, but he wouldn't be as great of a rim run threat as McGee is.

It's hard to guarantee him playing time, I guess is what it comes down to. With the Cavs, he has no one in front of him that is better after Tristan.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what has he "accomplished" lol. list me the GREAT accomplishments of Hassan Whiteside! LOL :lol:

being a shit head that got black balled from the league he had such a bad attitude and now the starting center on a team that would have to bust its ass to get to .500 in his age 27 season? lol.

ya think if Whiteside was a 22 year old kid who's best side kick was Reggie Jackson and he led his team to 44 wins i would say he is garbage?

hes garbage because his stats severely overate his impact on a fairly crappy eastern conference team. Not a VERY crappy EC team like Orlando or the Nets...but a fairly crappy team.

i gotta stop falling into this trap. lol...you messaging me about whiteside....its just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo irrelevant...no one really even gives a shit- i barely give a shit other than i enjoy seeing them suck and would love to see the Cavs sweep the Heat in the first round....

id much rather talk about a RELEVANT team, or relevant acquisitions--- the good teams that are in ACTUAL playoff position that actually have a CHANCE of doing something.

besides wanting them to lose- i really really dont care about the Heat as i imagine the vast majority of non-Heat fans feel the same way--- who cares about the 9th place team in the EAst? lol....its just totally irrelevant.

id MUCH rather talk about Bogut and williams coming to the dfending champs and solidyfiny there bench- or the non-moves Boston made----or shit- even the really crappy teams who will at least have a GREAT chance of getting a Ball or Fultz or Jackson- guys with superstar potential....

on the grand scheme of things in the NBA- the heat arent news- its just about to start march....lets start talking about some possible playoff matchups and some possible great series between the good/great teams in the NBA

the Spurs, Warriors, Clips, Rockets, Cavs, Celtics, Wiz, Raptors etc.........enough talking about some bullshit team that is a handful of games under .500 that is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

What these posts tell me is that you don't want to post in this thread anymore. I'm more than happy to fix it so you can't "fall into that trap" anymore.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all lol at the Knicks for their terrible offseason. Phil Jackson is a failure as GM or whatever he is.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He affected his own career by being a numbskull in Washington and Denver.

I get what he is saying.

But, this is wrong....

Durant: Shaq’s constant ripping of JaVale McGee ‘childish’

And this is wrong....

But, this is copacetic?

Warriors' Draymond Green rips Paul Pierce during game

Warriors can't have it both ways..

And Dray should never try to tell anyone what not to say.
I get your point. But I understand both sides. When he does something stupid I get poking fun at him- but at this point he doesn't even have to do anything to provoke Shaq and I think that's KD & Drays point.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated his pretty ass too....lol

As for Dray, Dude's a beast and has lost the top spot on my " I hate your punk ass " list to Marcus Smart.

On sight, I start talking to the TV....lol

I hate his ass.

Like.....more than Kobe :eek:
:omg:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he went in the toilet because of injury.

Last 7 years he's played 41, 20, 79, 5, 17, 6 and 34 games.

That cost him millions.
I don't know of many "greats" that had ridden as much pine at the end of their careers as he is now. Maybe some envy of the Warriors/KD on his part?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all lol at the Knicks for their terrible offseason. Phil Jackson is a failure as GM or whatever he is.

Don't forget signing Melo to that contract and then trying to trade him - where he has a no trade clause. So he's now resorting in pissing off his star player to the point where he'll eventually waive his no-trade clause. Seriously makes me laugh every time the media brings up Melo in trade talks and if Melo's worried about getting traded. Why would he? I see him staying to spite Phil. And good for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil is the worst- but it definitely starts with the owner.

Nepotism - PROBABLY not the best idea in an NBA owner from the evidence we have seen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors already have a ton of centers on the roster. While Bogut might be better than some, they're not cutting their last two draft picks (Jones and Looney) and McGee/Pachulia/McAdoo aren't likely to go anywhere either right now.

The Warriors will likely only play a center for 30 minutes a game in the playoffs and go small with Draymond there and KD at the 4 a lot. That means you'd have 3 players playing for 30 minutes a night.

Pachulia's role wouldn't go anywhere for the simple fact he's a 78% free throw shooter. He's a very good passer and his offensive ability to score the ball is way superior to Bogut.

You look at McGee and he brings so much athleticism to the second unit it's hard to replicate. His defense isn't as good as Bogut's but he's still a presence out there. Bogut's much better passing, but he wouldn't be as great of a rim run threat as McGee is.

It's hard to guarantee him playing time, I guess is what it comes down to. With the Cavs, he has no one in front of him that is better after Tristan.
Cavs are in pretty much the same spot.

They do have Love and Frye---- Bogut is just injury protection if anything.

I mean- the Cavs arent playing a "traditional" center barely any minutes----- especially iwht LeBron being able to move down to the 4.

between Love, Thompson, Frye, Derrick Williams (who will be better for small lineups), and LeBron- i wouldnt think there would be much time left for Bogut either

to me- Bogut seems like insurance against injury- or if the Cavs need size and want to get more physical (which pretty much disqualifies him vs. the Warriors- but maybe not against Boston? i dunno)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean- the Cavs arent playing a "traditional" center barely any minutes----- especially iwht LeBron being able to move down to the 4.

between Love, Thompson, Frye, Derrick Williams (who will be better for small lineups), and LeBron- i wouldnt think there would be much time left for Bogut either

to me- Bogut seems like insurance against injury- or if the Cavs need size and want to get more physical (which pretty much disqualifies him vs. the Warriors- but maybe not against Boston? i dunno)

Yeah, he really affects both the Cavs and Warriors the same way. If say he signed with the Warriors, he probably gets relatively little playing time in the finals against the Cavs. Likewise if he signs with the Cavs, he probably won't get much playing time against the Warriors.

I think what it comes down to is that there are more matchups that might be useful for Bogut to be on the Cavs, than he would be on the Warriors.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cavs want Bogut so they won't have to watch Whiteside steal Tristans candy on Saturday/Monday.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 12th ranked team in Stein's power rankings.....THE MIAMI HEAT

Goran Dragic, Hassan Whiteside, Dion Waiters, Rodney McGruder, Luke Babbitt, Willie Reed and Wayne Ellington. For posterity's sake: That is the complete list of players to start at least one game for Miami during its recent 13-game winning streak. So much else is happening in this crazy league that it's easy to forget that the Heat are 16-2 in their last 18 games entering Monday's visit to their old friends from Dallas, accounting for a run so unexpectedly dominant that it snuffed out virtually any suggestion of Pat Riley making a move of significance at the trade deadline. The update from Waiters Island: At nearly $20 million less than Dwyane Wade is earning this season, Dion Waiters is averaging 20.6 PPG and 5.3 APG over those 18 games.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs want Bogut so they won't have to watch Whiteside steal Tristans candy on Saturday/Monday.
LOL

if you think the Cavs are making any moves in contemplation for a matchup with the Miami Heat you are out of your mind.

you dont need a 20 kiloton atomic bomb to kill an ant. You just step on the ant.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, it's 20 Lebron-less losses. Second, what about the other 11? Is 4-11 without Lebron supposed to be a good record?

But hey, let's not let reality get in the way.

So if they were 11-0 would u claim they were better off without lebron

It's an irrelevant meaningless stat, that is the reality

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he really affects both the Cavs and Warriors the same way. If say he signed with the Warriors, he probably gets relatively little playing time in the finals against the Cavs. Likewise if he signs with the Cavs, he probably won't get much playing time against the Warriors.

I think what it comes down to is that there are more matchups that might be useful for Bogut to be on the Cavs, than he would be on the Warriors.

I agree. Bogut will help the Cavs out in the Eastern conference playoffs where they face traditional centers. This is great for TT so that he's not being used at such a high volume. But as you've mentioned, in the Cavs vs. Warriors matchups, traditional centers get thrown to the wind usually as was the case the last two Finals.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they were 11-0 would u claim they were better off without lebron

It's an irrelevant meaningless stat, that is the reality

If they were 11-0 without Lebron, people would probably say -- Hey, Cleveland is still pretty good even without its best player.

But that's not the case because Cleveland really isn't very good without its best player. Does it matter? No, Lebron is healthy and he's going to play. But it does speak to the fact that they're a pretty weak overall team and that they're not good enough to make up for losing their best player. This is true of most teams, but not all.

Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 12th ranked team in Stein's power rankings.....THE MIAMI HEAT

Goran Dragic, Hassan Whiteside, Dion Waiters, Rodney McGruder, Luke Babbitt, Willie Reed and Wayne Ellington. For posterity's sake: That is the complete list of players to start at least one game for Miami during its recent 13-game winning streak. So much else is happening in this crazy league that it's easy to forget that the Heat are 16-2 in their last 18 games entering Monday's visit to their old friends from Dallas, accounting for a run so unexpectedly dominant that it snuffed out virtually any suggestion of Pat Riley making a move of significance at the trade deadline. The update from Waiters Island: At nearly $20 million less than Dwyane Wade is earning this season, Dion Waiters is averaging 20.6 PPG and 5.3 APG over those 18 games.

Over a quarter of a season, Waiters is eclipsing Wade's production on the Bulls. That's amazing. It'll be interesting to see what the Heat do here as he's making it really hard here. Maybe he just needed the right organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.