• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially when the team is BUILT around LeBron's transcendent talents.

Contrary to popular belief, but when Lebron was in Miami, he didn't play every single game. There were times that the Heat gave him a day off. Might want to go look at the records, because Miami's record without Lebron was nowhere near as pathetic as Cleveland's.

But hey, you have Lebron who's shown that he can stay pretty healthy. So long as he stays healthy, then you're fine.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over a quarter of a season, Waiters is eclipsing Wade's production on the Bulls. That's amazing. It'll be interesting to see what the Heat do here as he's making it really hard here. Maybe he just needed the right organization.

Just my opinion but Waiters would be wise to give Miami a discount to stay there. It's working for him and it benefits him in the long run to keep a good thing going. Granted, it would be hard to turn down a big offer from someone else . . . but it could hurt him in the long run.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over a quarter of a season, Waiters is eclipsing Wade's production on the Bulls. That's amazing. It'll be interesting to see what the Heat do here as he's making it really hard here. Maybe he just needed the right organization.

As I stated the other night, I would choose Waiters over Johnson if I had to pick one.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion but Waiters would be wise to give Miami a discount to stay there. It's working for him and it benefits him in the long run to keep a good thing going. Granted, it would be hard to turn down a big offer from someone else . . . but it could hurt him in the long run.

I agree. It's the same situation as with football. Often times players will blow up in production and be able to cash in on the short-term. But fail to recognize what got them there the first place - the system. Few fail to see the long-term.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I stated the other night, I would choose Waiters over Johnson if I had to pick one.

Yeah that's tough for me. It's a more guard-oriented league right now, and we have an abundant amount. If we sign Waiters long-term, I'd expect us to trade off Richardson at that point, which I like as a player. I want James Johnson back given our lack of front court depth.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

if you think the Cavs are making any moves in contemplation for a matchup with the Miami Heat you are out of your mind.

you dont need a 20 kiloton atomic bomb to kill an ant. You just step on the ant.

Not saying the Cavs wont win here Saturday cause I assume James will be highly motivated, but the ant is 4-0 here since James left.

As far as moves, wrong again.
Cavs tried to negate Whiteside>Tristan by changing lineup at tipoff last game her and put Love at C.
I think he had 2 fouls in 4 minutes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's tough for me. It's a more guard-oriented league right now, and we have an abundant amount. If we sign Waiters long-term, I'd expect us to trade off Richardson at that point, which I like as a player. I want James Johnson back given our lack of front court depth.

The thing about Richardson is I don't think he is ready to start in this league. Trading Richardson and forcing him to start would be a bad move. James Johnson (as good as he's been) is just a backup SF/PF. We can find someone else to replace him. Also I like our guard rotation right now.

Dragic has Tyler backing him up while Waiters has Richardson/Ellington backing him up

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they were 11-0 would u claim they were better off without lebron

It's an irrelevant meaningless stat, that is the reality
My goodness.....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Richardson is I don't think he is ready to start in this league. Trading Richardson and forcing him to start would be a bad move. James Johnson (as good as he's been) is just a backup SF/PF. We can find someone else to replace him. Also I like our guard rotation right now.

Dragic has Tyler backing him up while Waiters has Richardson/Ellington backing him up

I agree. I'm just attached to James Johnson. Guy reminds me in someways of a more skilled UD. I like the cut of his jib, what can I say?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I really don't understand why you look at W-L record. What does that have to do with anything herp derp?
It's only irrelevant because it shows that the Cavs AREN'T the BEST team in the league. Now, if they were I'm sure they'd be flaunting that stat on these boards endlessly.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I'm just attached to James Johnson. Guy reminds me in someways of a more skilled UD. I like the cut of his jib, what can I say?

I would give him a deal but dude is already 30. He is not getting anything more than a 3 year deal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Change isn't always good especially when you been a failure at your first 2 stops in the league prior to coming to Miami.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were 11-0 without Lebron, people would probably say -- Hey, Cleveland is still pretty good even without its best player.

But that's not the case because Cleveland really isn't very good without its best player. Does it matter? No, Lebron is healthy and he's going to play. But it does speak to the fact that they're a pretty weak overall team and that they're not good enough to make up for losing their best player. This is true of most teams, but not all.

But do we really need >100 posts saying the same thing ?

How many posts have there been speculating what the Spurs are like without Leonard?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that New Orleans pick could end up being pretty good.

I read that there are between about 8 and 12 guys in this draft with high-lotto grades....get 2 of those- thats a good start right?
If the Kings find a way to get 2 top 10 picks in this draft I'll be pretty happy, that means the Kings lose a lot and the Pelicans keep struggling.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs want Bogut so they won't have to watch Whiteside steal Tristans candy on Saturday/Monday.

If the Pelicans make the finals -- the Cavs won't have an answer for Cousins if they don't pickup a C like Bogut.

Status
Not open for further replies.