• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i was a GM and choosing what big men to add to my team....i without a doubt take Embiid, Porzingis and Myles Turner over Whiteside any day of the week. TT obviously. Al horford, drummond, howard, ....giannis is 6' 11"....he plays a lot of point so i dunno if he is a "big man"- but him obviously too

id prob put whiteside in that next tier with the guys who have more limited games - the Greg Monroe's, Jonas Valunciunas', Brook Lopez-the "VCR's" of big men in todays game-- ya know- the guys who are kind more plodding- cant really pass or shoot- all though- Lopez can shoot..... Marcin Gortat etc....

Nice attempt to make C ,"big men".
There's a reason your "big men" don't play C and that's because real C will destroy them.

ONLY player on your list of CENTERS that is more talented then Whiteside is would be Embiid.
However, the injuries would scare me to death to tie up whatever his next contract will be unless he shows he can stay healthy for a season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now Kristaps Porzingis? THAT is a brand new Sony Blu-Ray with all the bells and whistles!

not some offbrand VCR made in the DPRK from 20 years ago like Blancote.

Yet the Knicks signed Noah to 4/72M.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take him...lol

Can the Clippers play 5 on 6 if they meet the Warriors in the playoffs?
if Kyrie has an offday maybe pay him to sit courtisde.....it seems Curry gets scared when KI is around.... :D

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now Kristaps Porzingis? THAT is a brand new Sony Blu-Ray with all the bells and whistles!

not some offbrand VCR made in the DPRK from 20 years ago like Blancote.

Yet in December you posted this:

8. Andre Drummond
9. Paul Milsap
10. Giannis Antetekuompo
11. Kevin Love
12. Dwight Howard
13. Carmelo Anthony
14. Kemba Walker
15. Al Horford
16. Nik Batum
17. D Wade.
18. Porzingis
19. Isiah Thomas
20. Brad Beale

#sometimesitswaybettertojustadmityouwerewrong

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8. Andre Drummond
9. Paul Milsap
10. Giannis Antetekuompo
11. Kevin Love
12. Dwight Howard
13. Carmelo Anthony
14. Kemba Walker
15. Al Horford
16. Nik Batum
17. D Wade.
18. Porzingis
19. Isiah Thomas
20. Brad Beale

This list was so awful.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice attempt to make C ,"big men".
There's a reason your "big men" don't play C and that's because real C will destroy them.

ONLY player on your list of CENTERS that is more talented then Whiteside is would be Embiid.
However, the injuries would scare me to death to tie up whatever his next contract will be unless he shows he can stay healthy for a season.

Exactly...

the ONLY reason i would not choose Embiid as the best is simply his penchant for being injured. outside of that Whiteside has no true competition...as he's proven, game in and game out...

but hey, i guess you can continue to ask Wiggy the question. who would you rather have on YOUR team? it makes for good entertainment...:heh:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8. Andre Drummond
9. Paul Milsap
10. Giannis Antetekuompo
11. Kevin Love
12. Dwight Howard
13. Carmelo Anthony
14. Kemba Walker
15. Al Horford
16. Nik Batum
17. D Wade.
18. Porzingis
19. Isiah Thomas
20. Brad Beale

yah things change from the beginning of the year till now....at least i have the balls to make a list instead of just ciriticizing someone elses becuase you dont have the balls ot make one.

Andre Drummond had just come off his age 22 season carrying a Pistons team who's 2nd best player is reggie jackson to a playoff spot- and a pretty hard fought series here and there against the Cavs (though the Cavs 3 pt shooting in that series since drummond has a hard tim getting out on the switch just was rough- why Frye WENT off in that one game against them).

of course these lists RADICALLY change from season to season. Isiah? top 5 prob now...id move Beale up.....Howard is having a GREAT year in ATL.....Horford id prob drop.....DEF drop Batum.....

until Love got hurt he was playing GREAT ball and deserved a top 10 spot! KI is having his best season of his career....DEF raise up Giannis.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i used to think Rivers was awful and a lost cause but his game has really come around--- he is still prettyy oung too...

you never want to give up on a guy with a lotto pedigree like that- ya never know when they can really blossom and become a solid rotation contributor...kinda like Dwill on the Cavs too.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah things change from the beginning of the year till now....at least i have the balls to make a list instead of just ciriticizing someone elses becuase you dont have the balls ot make one.

Andre Drummond had just come off his age 22 season carrying a Pistons team who's 2nd best player is reggie jackson to a playoff spot- and a pretty hard fought series here and there against the Cavs (though the Cavs 3 pt shooting in that series since drummond has a hard tim getting out on the switch just was rough- why Frye WENT off in that one game against them).

of course these lists RADICALLY change from season to season. Isiah? top 5 prob now...id move Beale up.....Howard is having a GREAT year in ATL.....Horford id prob drop.....DEF drop Batum.....

until Love got hurt he was playing GREAT ball and deserved a top 10 spot! KI is having his best season of his career....DEF raise up Giannis.

Slow down.
I'm not ragging on your list in general, because you correct, its opinion and things change.

That being said, you have said for quite some time that C aren't a big necessity, yet you still put Drummond where you did.
That is the only thing I am questioning.

As far as things changing, why is it IYO that the once 11-30 Heat are still the same "cupcake" now that they were then being as though they've been the best team in the league for near 1/4 of it?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow down.
I'm not ragging on your list in general, because you correct, its opinion and things change.

That being said, you have said for quite some time that C aren't a big necessity, yet you still put Drummond where you did.
That is the only thing I am questioning.

As far as things changing, why is it IYO that the once 11-30 Heat are still the same "cupcake" now that they were then being as though they've been the best team in the league for near 1/4 of it?
uh yah- he was a 22 year old kid who's best help was reggie jackson and led his team to a 44 win season. Once he hits his prime 26-27 - he could be an absolute MONSTER

having a 22 year old kid be the focal point of your 44 win team is pretty good- at least i thought so.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh yah- he was a 22 year old kid who's best help was reggie jackson and led his team to a 44 win season. Once he hits his prime 26-27 - he could be an absolute MONSTER

having a 22 year old kid be the focal point of your 44 win team is pretty good- at least i thought so.

Let's discuss how Mr. Drummond can't even stay in a game late in the 4th because his free throws are so bad.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heat were 1 win from ECF without Bosh, and Whiteside was a huge reason why in his first whole NBA season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was whiteside doing at 22? not wining 44 games in the NBA and being the teams focal point.... he was probably playing grab-ass in the dleague and on his way to playing in Lebanon. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.