• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousin and Davis having a nice game. Fun to watch these 2 play together.

About to be 0-3 since the trade, and #dumbass Cousins will be suspended for Wednesday game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we talk about how the great Andre Drummond was benched for the final 5 minutes tonight because he can't hit free throws?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Pistons, Heat, and Bucks all with a better record than the 8th seed out West.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans should care if they step up and if the players have any pride at all, they should want to step up. They know what people say about them without Lebron. Wow, you're really desperate to keep your head in the sand.

The bold makes absolutely zero sense. Are you drunk?

IIRC the Cavs were ALSO withOut Irving and/or Love for 9 of those 19 LeBron-less Losses... but let's not allow proper perspective to get in the way

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC the Cavs were ALSO withOut Irving and/or Love for 9 of those 19 LeBron-less Losses... but let's not allow proper perspective to get in the way

Any games that were at the very end of the season and were totally meaningless shouldn't count in the total.
Anything else should, unless you're going to go through every box score and see who was out for the opponent.
We've been told that both Kyrie and Love are towards the very top of the EC players.
@WiggyRuss has Kyrie at 3.
We've been told Tristan is God like.
We've been told how great the bench is.

#shouldbeplenty
#cantwinany

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best center in the game - Wiggy

Teams 3-10 in the East are all pretty close talent wise it seems....Boston id maybe put 3rd just because of their trade assets and the likelihood they add a piece...but really...

How would you rate the best players in the East?

I would go something like:

1. LeBron James
2. Paul George
3. Kyrie Irving
4. DeMar DeRozan
5. Jimmy Butler
6. Kyle Lowry
7. John Wall
8. Andre Drummond
9. Paul Milsap
10. Giannis Antetekuompo
11. Kevin Love
12. Dwight Howard
13. Carmelo Anthony
14. Kemba Walker
15. Al Horford
16. Nik Batum
17. D Wade.
18. Porzingis
19. Isiah Thomas
20. Brad Beale

its pretty evenly distributed outside of Toronto and Cleveland....everyone is pretty good but just no one is great- no one is really good enough to get any kind of seperation- not at this point anyway.

ya know who has really impressed me this year? IS Jabari PArker- at the age of 21- coming off a pretty bad injury a couple seasons ago now- he is really starting to get it. Shooting 47% from the field, 35% from 3 is right where he needs ot be at his age. Milwaukee is slowly becoming the team i thought they would be last year. Its a shame Middleton is hurt.

So @WiggyRuss ranks Drummond as 8th best player in EC, then puts the kiss of death on poor Jabari.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw I got Greek Freak at number 2 in the East. Paul George's continuous bitching got him down to 3 now.

I still have Beasley at 2, and if Bron doesn't get over his illness, BEasy could jump to 1 in next weeks power rankings.

In all seriousness, I can't argue with that pick at 2.
If we're drafting any EC players to start a franchise with, today, he prob goes 1.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, so the cavs are 4-11 without lebron but with kyrie and/or love

Yeah, you guys have nothing to worry about :rolleyes2:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, It doesn't really bother me, it's all about winning the championship right? Would you rather have them go all out and lose the championship or half ass it and win?
dude...you see it sounds like Bogut is coming to the cavs too?

pretty cool---- it looks like the cavs will get the 2 most high profile guys on the buyout market.....

If I was Ty Lue i would really try and get some of these guys in a rhythm as best they can- and rest Kyrie and LeBron a bunch.

I mean shit- if/when Bogut signs- look at that freaking Cavs bench. lol.....Lue is gonna have a LOT of different options to matchup with certain teams:

PG- KI
SG- JR
SF- Bron
PF- KLove
C- TT

bench:
Shumpert
Korver
Deron Williams
Derek Williams
Frye
Jefferson
Bogut

the qusetion is though- who do they release if they get Bogut? I would GUESS it would be either McRae, James Jones, or Derrick Williams- depending how they value Bogut.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a good sign that these guys are giving up more money/more playing time to come to Cleveland--- both Bogut and Williams seemed to have offers of more money, more PT----

but it looks like they are all about that hardware- and neither one seemed interested in GSW. Thats a good sign.

Man- i really hope we get the HEat in the first round so we have some time to get things settled- get rotations settled etc. against a cupcake.

If Indiana or Chicago end up as the 8 seed im gonna be PISSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.