• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liking what Ibaka has been doing for the Raptors so far. Only 1 game (Well tonight's game is 2 1/2 minutes in) but he still looks like a good pickup.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was just ridiculous. And you are right- last year was basically his first playoffs since the prior year he was dealing with injuries practically the entire time- and obviously once he finally went down in the Finals.

For him to play like that was incredible. You can absolutely see what LeBron saw in this kid when he decided to up his chances at a title by leaving Miami and coming to Cleveland. The scary thing is i dont think he has even hit his prime yet....guys like RW, Curry- even WAll this year- all seem to hit their primes aroudn 26-27....

I know one thing- if I needed a big shot late in the game- no one else i am going to besides this guy. He seems to be playing more efficiently then i have seen him before. I cant wait till the playoffs start.

Ill guarantee you if the Cavs and Celtics play Kyrie will be schooling Thomas. He might not score as many points as Thomas- since Thomas is BY FAR AND AWAY the Celtics best scoring option- while Kyrie - even though he is one of the best of the best- still the Cavs #2 option- and honestly Kevin Love as the #3- if he isnt AS good as Thomas he is not far behind....

its just gonna be a lot of fun....playoffs should be interesting. This is the time of year where i start to get excited for the playoffs to start.

Everything you are saying is based on Kyrie being number 2 option, which is accurate.

That has what to do with him not being able to lead them to wins as the #1 option,

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did anyone say they were as good without him? lol

i think his teammates take the night off with lebron

they just go on the court and go through the motions while not caring if they lose cause they have an excuse

theyve always been a lazy team... even when lebron plays they take nights off sometimes

anyone actually think that all they can win is 57 games?

When James was here, the Big 3 often half assed it, and I couldn't stand watching it.

Thing was, when James was out, the others including Wade/Bosh played like mad dogs, and quite often we won,

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When James was here, the Big 3 often half assed it, and I couldn't stand watching it.

Thing was, when James was out, the others including Wade/Bosh played like mad dogs, and quite often we won,

Meh, It doesn't really bother me, it's all about winning the championship right? Would you rather have them go all out and lose the championship or half ass it and win?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just proved everyone's point. When a main player isn't playing, that's when everyone else is supposed to step up, especially your other 2 all star caliber players. Especially all star caliber players with a championship under their belts.

This doesn't say or prove anything. It doesn't matter how many points Kyrie can score or whether or not he "can go toe to toe with Lebron as the 2nd best player on the court" if he can't lead the Cavs to wins without Lebron.

Who cares if they step up or not? First, Kevin love didn't even play in the game

The cavs were not 4-20 with a younger Kyrie and no lebron the year before he even came back to the team...and kevin love led his team to basically .500 in his last year in the west. I am sure they would win plenty of games. that is why the 4-20 record is very misleading and basically irrelevant.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, It doesn't really bother me, it's all about winning the championship right? Would you rather have them go all out and lose the championship or half ass it and win?

If I'm going to invest my time and money into going to the games, I want to see the players play the right way.
That's what's really fun about what I'm seeing now.

So many times the Big 3 would half ass it for 3 quarters and then try to win it in the 4th where if they would have played hard the first 3, they could have rested in the 4th.

Same thing applies to securing the 1 seed earlier and then being able to freshen for the playoff run.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crazy how cavs can sign all these players and trade for bigger contracts when they already #1 team over the cap. Crazy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if they step up or not? First, Kevin love didn't even play in the game

The cavs were not 4-20 with a younger Kyrie and no lebron the year before he even came back to the team...and kevin love led his team to basically .500 in his last year in the west. I am sure they would win plenty of games. that is why the 4-20 record is very misleading and basically irrelevant.

Cavs fans should care if they step up and if the players have any pride at all, they should want to step up. They know what people say about them without Lebron. Wow, you're really desperate to keep your head in the sand.

The bold makes absolutely zero sense. Are you drunk?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousin and Davis having a nice game. Fun to watch these 2 play together.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto is going to give Cleveland hell if they're healthy. Ibaka is so much better than anything they had at the 4 position in quite a while. PJ Tucker is a also a solid bench player who does the little things that don't show up in the box score. Can guard positions 1-4 nightly.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets hope that Bogdon is eventually better then he was in his debut....lol

dude blows.

Kyle Korver made his debut and, as expected, he struggled. He didn’t have a chance to practice with the team at all due to Mike Dunleavy being undecided on his situation with the Atlanta Hawkson Monday.

He went 1-for-5, and 0-for-2 from long-range, in 18 minutes.

15 points off the bench tonight on 50% from the field including 3-6 from 3. What a shitty player.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty big home and home this week for Washington and Toronto

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Rumor Central: Will Andrew Bogut end up with Cavs?

As the Cleveland Cavaliers look to shore up their bench down the home stretch and into the playoffs, it appears the team is targeting center Andrew Bogut as an addition to their roster.

rumorcentral_16x9_203x114.png
According to ESPN's Tim MacMahon, "Two [Dallas Maverick] sources say they expect Andrew Bogut will choose to join the Cavaliers once he receives a buyout from the [Philadelphia] 76ers."

Status
Not open for further replies.