• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won the championship right...and he has played on teams where he hasn't won the championship

It seems your theory is incorrect. Just to blow a fact off the top most games lebron sits are BB games...did you even take that into consideration?

Teams win every day on BB situations.
Any other lame reasons you can think of?

Bottom line is Cavs can't win a game without James.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are happy the cavs won last year, and kudos to them. But one thing i never saw from the Lakers was getting blown out by shitty teams. To me thats the standard of a championship caliber team, along with all the other shit but thats what puts them in the sweet spot so to speak for me.

Cavs don't try very hard in the regular season. It's hard to draw conclusions because if they wanted to they could probably win at least 60 games...yet they are always around 55.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams win every day on BB situations.
Any other lame reasons you can think of?

Bottom line is Cavs can't win a game without James.

A teams record without it's best player doesn't matter when that player is only missing a game or 2 here and there.

I'd expect that if the Cavs were faced with losing Lebron for a significant period of time, they would adjust how they played, make some tweaks to their system, etc. and they would still make the playoffs if they were to lose him for the rest of the season.

I'd also bet that, in that type of situation, Lue wouldn't experiment with lineups as much as he does when Lebron only sits for a game. He'd pick a rotation and stick to it for consistencies sake.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A teams record without it's best player doesn't matter when that player is only missing a game or 2 here and there.

I'd expect that if the Cavs were faced with losing Lebron for a significant period of time, they would adjust how they played, make some tweaks to their system, etc. and they would still make the playoffs if they were to lose him for the rest of the season.

I'd also bet that, in that type of situation, Lue wouldn't experiment with lineups as much as he does when Lebron only sits for a game. He'd pick a rotation and stick to it for consistencies sake.

I'd bet that the role players who do a great job of hitting wide open shots would do considerably worse because they wouldn't be wide open anymore.

Every time he doesn't play, that's what happens.

Plus, they aren't a good defensive team to begin with.
Take James out and that also magnifies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs don't try very hard in the regular season. It's hard to draw conclusions because if they wanted to they could probably win at least 60 games...yet they are always around 55.

If they 'didn't try', James wouldn't league the league in minutes played per game.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet that the role players who do a great job of hitting wide open shots would do considerably worse because they wouldn't be wide open anymore.

Every time he doesn't play, that's what happens.

Plus, they aren't a good defensive team to begin with.
Take James out and that also magnifies.

That is true with any star player when you take him off the team, especially the mvp and best player in the league it will be magnified even more.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he knows the team is horse shit without him.

What is the cavs record without him ever since he got back to cleveland?

How many of those games were kevin love and Kyrie sitting with him or a combination of both?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, the additions of Deron Williams and Bogut is much more about getting through the rest of the regular season and the east playoffs than it is about beating the Warriors.

Rotations in the Finals will be tightened up.

Both those guys are more than capable of having a huge moment or two in the Finals... but their biggest contribution to a potential championship would be helping to get the team to the Finals healthy and rested.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, if you want to play it that way, what is the cavs' record without lebron but with kyrie and love?

How would i know? The answer would be not enough to draw a conclusion. You would need an entire season to draw a realistic conclusion

But i am glad u agree lebron is the greatest

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Set up for disaster.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, the additions of Deron Williams and Bogut is much more about getting through the rest of the regular season and the east playoffs than it is about beating the Warriors.

Rotations in the Finals will be tightened up.

Both those guys are more than capable of having a huge moment or two in the Finals... but their biggest contribution to a potential championship would be helping to get the team to the Finals healthy and rested.

Bogut hates the warriors as well. He could easily get under their skin

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would i know? The answer would be not enough to draw a conclusion. You would need an entire season to draw a realistic conclusion

But i am glad u agree lebron is the greatest

I'm sorry I mistook you for a cavs fan.

I'll help: 4-19

And yes he is one of the greatest assholes in the league no doubt

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true with any star player when you take him off the team, especially the mvp and best player in the league it will be magnified even more.

No star commands more attention then James because he has the best all around game.
It's really not that hard.
HE creates most of the opportunities for the others.
Most of the others are one dimensional sharp shooters.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won the championship right...and he has played on teams where he hasn't won the championship

It seems your theory is incorrect. Just to blow a fact off the top most games lebron sits are BB games...did you even take that into consideration?

:L

This has literally nothing to do with what was posted and doesn't blow anything out of the water. The Cavs are 4-20 without Lebron, that is a fact.

When Kyrie is running the show, the Cavs are not nearly as good. Also a fact.

It doesn't matter why Lebron is sitting. It doesn't matter if it's back to back, to rest, or like last night, because he was sick.

The bottom line is, the Cavs are not anywhere near as good without him can't be denied. The fact that some of you Cavs fans keep pretending that it's not the case just shows that dome of you are going to be in for a rude awakening when Lebron retires or if ever has to miss significant time.

Status
Not open for further replies.