• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won the championship right...and he has played on teams where he hasn't won the championship

It seems your theory is incorrect. Just to blow a fact off the top most games lebron sits are BB games...did you even take that into consideration?

Wow. That's very specific. Got anymore hot takes you want to add?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron wants to play those minutes

Lue: Limiting LeBron's minutes is a top priority

"My thing is just making sure guys are healthy, continue to limit LeBron's minutes, and he was at an all-time low last year," Lue said. "Watch Kyrie [Irving's] minutes because we know we're playing for something big. We know when we get to the playoffs it's going to require a lot of minutes, so with those guys and with Kevin [Love], just have to watch guys getting to the red zone.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

This has literally nothing to do with what was posted and doesn't blow anything out of the water. The Cavs are 4-20 without Lebron, that is a fact.

When Kyrie is running the show, the Cavs are not nearly as good. Also a fact.

It doesn't matter why Lebron is sitting. It doesn't matter if it's back to back, to rest, or like last night, because he was sick.

The bottom line is, the Cavs are not anywhere near as good without him can't be denied. The fact that some of you Cavs fans keep pretending that it's not the case just shows that dome of you are going to be in for a rude awakening when Lebron retires or if ever has to miss significant time.

Where did anyone say they were as good without him? lol

i think his teammates take the night off with lebron

they just go on the court and go through the motions while not caring if they lose cause they have an excuse

theyve always been a lazy team... even when lebron plays they take nights off sometimes

anyone actually think that all they can win is 57 games?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can play just as hard for more or less minutes. The time doesn't change how hard you play.
Dude, you are all over the place.

LeBron is not out there playing big minutes just to half ass it.

The Cavs wouldn't risk him being spent.

Just admit you misspoke, instead of......

cat-cashing-laser-light.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did anyone say they were as good without him? lol

i think his teammates take the night off with lebron

they just go on the court and go through the motions while not caring if they lose cause they have an excuse

theyve always been a lazy team... even when lebron plays they take nights off sometimes

anyone actually think that all they can win is 57 games?

Some of you Cavs fans based on how you seem to think that the trend of the Cavs losing when Lebron doesn't play is meaningless.

If the Cavs are "taking nights off" when Lebron doesn't play, then that makes it even worse. That's when they have the opportunity to show themselves and Lebron that he doesn't need to play the minutes he does and he could rest for the playoffs.

Maybe a if they won a few games without him, Lebron wouldn't feel like he has to play all those minutes. He's pushing 32 years old and already has logged more minutes than Kobe at the same age. That's a lot of wear tear no matter how much of a physical freak he is.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, the additions of Deron Williams and Bogut is much more about getting through the rest of the regular season and the east playoffs than it is about beating the Warriors.

Rotations in the Finals will be tightened up.

Both those guys are more than capable of having a huge moment or two in the Finals... but their biggest contribution to a potential championship would be helping to get the team to the Finals healthy and rested.
i dunno - we shall see on that

the only thing that kinda makes me a little worried is with these injuries Lue is gonna have a helluva tough time figuring out the best rotations etc.

he has a LOT of options...i mean- the Cavs bench is one of the deepest in the entire NBA when everyone is healthy...when everyone is healthy- if they have their regular staring lineup their bench looks like:

-Shumpert
-Korver
-Deron Williams
-Frye
-Derrick Williams
-Jefferson

that is a really nice luxury for lue to have so many guys you would trust with playoff minutes--- but getting Love and Jr back and figuring out who works best with who DURING the playoffs wont be that easy.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you Cavs fans based on how you seem to think that the trend of the Cavs losing when Lebron doesn't play is meaningless.

If the Cavs are "taking nights off" when Lebron doesn't play, then that makes it even worse. That's when they have the opportunity to show themselves and Lebron that he doesn't need to play the minutes he does and he could rest for the playoffs.

Maybe a if they won a few games without him, Lebron wouldn't feel like he has to play all those minutes. He's pushing 32 years old and already has logged more minutes than Kobe at the same age. That's a lot of wear tear no matter how much of a physical freak he is.

When you are use to playing one way around a player, and then suddenly it's changed, that is what causes the losses. The entire game plan rotation centers around lebron.

But make no mistake Kyrie is capable of dropping 40 in the finals and going toe to toe with lebron as the 2nd best player on the court in the finals as we saw last year. I didn't see that in the game yesterday, but why would he go all out in the regular season? Plus his 2nd best player was who yesterday? Even Kyrie needs a few decent players

As for lebron he wants mvp, we don't need the #1 seed...especially in the east

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are use to playing one way around a player, and then suddenly it's changed, that is what causes the losses. The entire game plan rotation centers around lebron.

But make no mistake Kyrie is capable of dropping 40 in the finals and going toe to toe with lebron as the 2nd best player on the court in the finals as we saw last year. I didn't see that in the game yesterday, but why would he go all out in the regular season?

As for lebron he wants mvp, we don't need the #1 seed...especially in the east
yah i think other people- outsiders that dont watch the Cavs nearly as much- put a lot more importance on this bullshit than actual Cavs fans do.

When you have an entire system built around The King, the best player in the game, one of the best of all time- everything you do is changed......

combine that with missing 60% of your starting lineup....

Kyrie at 24 years old has been incredible. His resume has him on his way to Springfield one day if him and Bron and KLove hang around and put up another 'ship or two. I thought KI played great last night- just not a lot of other offensive firepower when you are talking about missing 3 out of your 4 best scorers in Love, Bron, JR.

lol.....dude.....honestly- how amazing is it to watch this shot over and over again? truly incredible- if its not the biggest shot in NBA history- its right up there. right in Curry's grill....no matter what you say about Kyrie- no matter how big of a hater people are- they would have to admit- when the lights are at their brightest- Kyrie is at his best.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i think other people- outsiders that dont watch the Cavs nearly as much- put a lot more importance on this bullshit than actual Cavs fans do.

When you have an entire system built around The King, the best player in the game, one of the best of all time- everything you do is changed......

combine that with missing 60% of your starting lineup....

Kyrie at 24 years old has been incredible. His resume has him on his way to Springfield one day if him and Bron and KLove hang around and put up another 'ship or two. I thought KI played great last night- just not a lot of other offensive firepower when you are talking about missing 3 out of your 4 best scorers in Love, Bron, JR.

lol.....dude.....honestly- how amazing is it to watch this shot over and over again? truly incredible- if its not the biggest shot in NBA history- its right up there. right in Curry's grill....no matter what you say about Kyrie- no matter how big of a hater people are- they would have to admit- when the lights are at their brightest- Kyrie is at his best.

This was Kyries first finals pretty much. Who in the nba put up a better finals performance in their first attempt? The shot was huge but the rest of his game was dominate. He wiped the floor with curry. Even if he got no better than that, that is still better than everyone besides lebron lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just proved everyone's point. When a main player isn't playing, that's when everyone else is supposed to step up, especially your other 2 all star caliber players. Especially all star caliber players with a championship under their belts.

But make no mistake Kyrie is capable of dropping 40 in the finals and going toe to toe with lebron as the 2nd best player on the court in the finals as we saw last year. I didn't see that in the game yesterday, but why would he go all out in the regular season? Plus his 2nd best player was who yesterday? Even Kyrie needs a few decent players

This doesn't say or prove anything. It doesn't matter how many points Kyrie can score or whether or not he "can go toe to toe with Lebron as the 2nd best player on the court" if he can't lead the Cavs to wins without Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How would you know what actual Cavs fans put importance on?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was Kyries first finals pretty much. Who in the nba put up a better finals performance in their first attempt? The shot was huge but the rest of his game was dominate. He wiped the floor with curry. Even if he got no better than that, that is still better than everyone besides lebron lol
it was just ridiculous. And you are right- last year was basically his first playoffs since the prior year he was dealing with injuries practically the entire time- and obviously once he finally went down in the Finals.

For him to play like that was incredible. You can absolutely see what LeBron saw in this kid when he decided to up his chances at a title by leaving Miami and coming to Cleveland. The scary thing is i dont think he has even hit his prime yet....guys like RW, Curry- even WAll this year- all seem to hit their primes aroudn 26-27....

I know one thing- if I needed a big shot late in the game- no one else i am going to besides this guy. He seems to be playing more efficiently then i have seen him before. I cant wait till the playoffs start.

Ill guarantee you if the Cavs and Celtics play Kyrie will be schooling Thomas. He might not score as many points as Thomas- since Thomas is BY FAR AND AWAY the Celtics best scoring option- while Kyrie - even though he is one of the best of the best- still the Cavs #2 option- and honestly Kevin Love as the #3- if he isnt AS good as Thomas he is not far behind....

its just gonna be a lot of fun....playoffs should be interesting. This is the time of year where i start to get excited for the playoffs to start.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what would your ideal route through the playoffs be for the Cavs?

personally- i am hoping for:

Heat first round- be fun to beat them

Wiz second round- beating John Wall would be a lot of fun- all though- Love is a great matchup vs. them- get him some groove and confidence

Boston- would love to beat up on isiah thomas- like yah dude- its impressive- you are doing some nice things in the regular season- but its a lil different doing it against the Cavs in the playoffs and trying to walk into the Q and win a game- or more likely multiple games- becuase you know Bron and Ki are getting at least 1 in Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.