• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he signed Smith and Thompson because they are very good players that were instrumental to winning a title and had the Bird rights of both

having said that- why would you pay a guy what he is asking when you an negotiate and pay him less?---- what idiot says--- JR- name your price---- and doesnt even TRY and negotiate.

David Griffin says it all the time---- Dan Gilbert allows the Cavs to do things that other teams simply cant afford. Its why the team is so deep. Its why despite being capped out they can still add and retain solid players like Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye and Mike Dunleavy- and buy 2nd round picks like Kay Felder

all because you have an owner like Dan G.- who values winning over having an extra 50 million dollars in the bank to add to the billions he already has. I get it- you are jealous that Arison runs the Heat like a business and Gilbert runs the Cavs like its his hobby. You are jealous that Arison wouldnt step up to the plate and spend- while Gilbert told LeBron that no expense will be spared helping him get to where he wants to go in his career.

its cool man.....at least it gives you some kind of rooting interest while your HEat languish in irrelevance for the next few years. :pound:

You would have a point IF he would have paid them less.
He paid them both tons more then anyone else would have and was only negotiating with himself and Klutch sports.
Neither had an outside offer or even attempted to negotiate with another team because both had been told by James that is was a DONE DEAL.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude...the Cavs have the highest payroll in the history of the NBA this year.

you only WISH your owner could spend on his level.

Arison could buy and sell Gilbert.
That's not the point though.

Fact is that Arison and the Heat have % wise been one of the top winning franchises for quite some time running the business as a business.
Gilbert and the Cavs without James are one of if not the lowest % winning franchise if James isn't calling the shots.

As far as bitter, you can keep saying it over and over like your Tristan nonsense, but that will never make it true.
Fact is, I never wanted James before he came.
I said I wanted him to leave before he did.
I was also glad Riley didn't cave into Wade.

#documented
#fact
#nodivas

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arison could buy and sell Gilbert.
That's not the point though.

Fact is that Arison and the Heat have % wise been one of the top winning franchises for quite some time running the business as a business.
Gilbert and the Cavs without James are one of if not the lowest % winning franchise if James isn't calling the shots.

As far as bitter, you can keep saying it over and over like your Tristan nonsense, but that will never make it true.
Fact is, I never wanted James before he came.
I said I wanted him to leave before he did.
I was also glad Riley didn't cave into Wade.

#documented
#fact
#nodivas
hey its cool....ride those non-divas into irrelevance for the foreseeable future while I tune into LeBron winning big backed by the highest payroll in NBA history and a sidekick who has not even hit his prime yet and is already arguably a top 10 player.

but good look with Tyler Johnson...lol.

#asleepatthewheel
#cheapskate

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey its cool....ride those non-divas into irrelevance for the foreseeable future while I tune into LeBron winning big backed by the highest payroll in NBA history and a sidekick who has not even hit his prime yet and is already arguably a top 10 player.

but good look with Tyler Johnson...lol.

#asleepatthewheel
#cheapskate

I'm a Miami Heat fan.
Your a bandwagon front runner.

I love Tyler Johnson.
Great effort, energy, work ethic.
That's why the Heat had to MATCH an outside offer on a player they developed who wasn't even drafted.
That's what the Heat culture does.
Cavs are a joke.
How many ex players from there say just that?
Enjoy your run with James then spin the wheel to see whose balls you will be licking next.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Indians have a window of about 2-3 years to get it done. Miller is signed for 2 more years. All the starting pitching is signed up - or cheap and controllable for the next 3-4 years. Lindor is not a free agent for 5 more years...Jose RAmirez and Kipnis are signed up long term or not eligible for FA.

its about another 2-3 year window before the inevitable happens and certain guys become free agents and leave. Its just a reality of baseball in a small market---- especially when youar e competing with the Browns who have God-like status in Cleveland for some reason- and LeBron.

Don't worry, the Phins have a similar status from what they did in the 70's. Gets tiring hearing fans talk about the '72 season. But at least your front office shows that it can put a team together. Miami's a bigger market yet our owner is a known cheap ass. Loria is officially the worse owner in sports, a mile ahead of Gilbert.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if they get a couple big free agents- the team is only gonna be good once ingram and russel etc. and whoever else sticks around are good well rounded NBA players

the fact is- evenif you are amazingly talented at 19-20 years old- unless yo uare john wall or lebron- you are just not physically strong enough/mature enoguh to stand up to an 80 game season and guard grown men that have spent years in NBA training programs.

The Twolves- i mean- have Wiggins and Towns- and a ton of other good young players- and are still years away from really competing and they started their rebuild LONG before the Lakers.

Russell has looked really good- at the time of the draft i said he was a much better pick than Okafor and i think that has stood the test of time.....but its just the facts that its hard to win with guys who are 21-22 years old.......

True, but a couple of difference making FA's can truly speed up a learning curve. It would mean the young guys being willing to defer to the FA's, but it can be done. It probably wouldn't mean getting back to the finals right away, but could make for a deep playoff run.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt move on if i was a Heat fan until the Heat were good again- with the Cavs i didnt thats for sure.....winning a title helps though :)

I just think it's funny that a Celtics fans cares about whether or not Heat fans have moved on from Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's just pretty funny that just a few days before, LeBron had that 3-1 drum at his Halloween party. I guess he's psychic for predicting the Indians'
you'll get over it...

'sides, the fool DOES bring it on himself...:dhd:

That's what's so funny about the Lebroniacs. They get all bent because people bash Lebron, but Lebron is the one supplying the ammo. If the dude would just stfu and play basketball, people would run out of stuff to bash him about.

Last edited:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what's so funny about the Lebroniacs. They get all bent because people bash Lebron, but Lebron is the one supplying the ammo. If the dude was just stfu and play basketball, people would run out of stuff to bash him about.

It was classic self-inflicted trolling/jinxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.