• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the east its gotta be either them or Toronto...maybe Indiana if Indiana gets their shit together at some point and starts playing good ball....Paul George i thi nk is the 2nd best player in the East.....though how Kyrie is playing is making me start to drift on that thinking...
I would say it's still PG, love Kyrie and Millsap too. And who knows, if DeRosan keeps dropping 40's he may be in the conversation. He looks improved quite a bit, but it's too early to tell.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its def gonna take some time...adding offensive first players like Thad Young and Jeff Teague certainly isnt going to make them a great defensive team - and losing Mahimi hurts there too- but they have pieces....Turner looks like he could be really special.

the most important thing is having a star in their prime- and they have that in Paul George who i think is without a doubt a top 10 player. that goes a long way. Boston and Toronto dont have anyone like that- thats for sure.

Also as Zach Lowe stated, Al Jefferson looks washed up now. Its early so hopefully he can turn it around but he's been bad

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the east its gotta be either them or Toronto...maybe Indiana if Indiana gets their shit together at some point and starts playing good ball....Paul George i thi nk is the 2nd best player in the East.....though how Kyrie is playing is making me start to drift on that thinking...

From what I've seen so far, the over/under on the number of games that the Cavs will lose in the first 3 rounds would be 4 or 5.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also as Zach Lowe stated, Al Jefferson looks washed up now. Its early so hopefully he can turn it around but he's been bad

He really went into serious decline last season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only shot would be major injuries, which I never want to see for anyone.

I think the Spurs can beat the Warriors in a 7 game series. They actually have a legit shot IMO. Out East there's not a single team who I would give a legitimate shot to beat Cleveland.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Spurs can beat the Warriors in a 7 game series. They actually have a legit shot IMO. Out East there's not a single team who I would give a legitimate shot to beat Cleveland.

You said BOTH Warriors and Cavs.
I think it ends up being Warriors/Cavs III, but if one of them doesn't make it, it would be the Warriors, not the Cavs.
Thankfully the East is still the East after all of the money spent last summer.
After next summer the Heat should be in pretty good shape again.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is everyone getting the obnoxious pop ups to win gift cards when you log in?
Any way to get rid of them?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said BOTH Warriors and Cavs.
I think it ends up being Warriors/Cavs III, but if one of them doesn't make it, it would be the Warriors, not the Cavs.
Thankfully the East is still the East after all of the money spent last summer.
After next summer the Heat should be in pretty good shape again.

Totally understand what you mean so yeah you're correct.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only when I log in on my cellphone. Have no idea how to get rid of them so now I just post when I'm at work or on my laptop at home

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stay logged in on my laptop, phone and tablets, but it does seem like the ads have gotten worse recently .

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did school him at times...that footwork just totally puzzled him, lol. fundamentally whiteside is a mess.

AJ is a pretty savvy player.
Close to the basket he can score on ANYONE.
Love how it's just Whiteside though lol

And, yes, he's such a mess that teams lined up to give him 100+M.
You only wish you could be such a mess.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i realize pretty much everyone assumes the Cav will win the East---- but i think its a pretty much the consensus that Boston or Toronto will be their biggest threat...

Agree that Toronto and the Celtics are likely the biggest threats. However, unless one of them makes a big trade, they have a punchers chance at best. Way too much has to fall perfectly in place for them to have any more chance than that.

They could extend a series to 6 games, but minus a big trade or the Cavs losing Lebron or Kyrie, that's probably their ceiling.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turner looks like he could be really special.

I was real impressed with him when they played the Lakers. Dude had a couple of monster blocks too. If he can develop into a really good rim protector, it will help the Pacers defense tremendously.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors really need to get McCaw back and probably release McAdoo to sign another wing player. I hate that one of Klay/Shaun/Iguodala is out there in garbage time because we have no players capable of playing a guard position. We're extremely thin at that area. People on Twitter were going crazy because Klay and Iguodala were in the game last night. But that was out of necessity, not to run up the score.

For arguments sake lets say you rest Steph, Klay, KD, Draymond, Livingston, Iguodala, Zaza. McCaw is injured. You have to put 5 guys out on the court from the following players:

Ian Clark, Anderson Varaejo, James McAdoo, Javale McGee, Kevon Looney, David West.

Can't be done.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was against the Indians because of Lebron? You Lebroniacs need to be less sensitive. Just because someone makes fun of Lebron bandwagoning the Indians or cursing them with his trolling of the Warriors over 3-1 deficits, doesn't meanb they were against the Indians.

I didn't really care who won. I just wanted to see a great World Series that went 7 games and that's exactly what we got.
:peace: that would be me!

Status
Not open for further replies.