• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's just pretty funny that just a few days before, LeBron had that 3-1 drum at his Halloween party. I guess he's psychic for predicting the Indians' collapse.
Maybe it was the Indians he was talking about. :noidea:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who questions the Heat rebuilding strategy, always nice to see another coach agreeing with the path we're on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who questions the Heat rebuilding strategy, always nice to see another coach agreeing with the path we're on.

totally agree- should have bottomed out and done it years ago- (if they trade whiteside in the offseason i will call riley a genius!)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally agree- should have bottomed out and done it years ago- (if they trade whiteside in the offseason i will call riley a genius!)

Bottomed out?
1 year post James we basically were where all these teams that spent big money hope to be.
That was without Bosh.

Maybe you knew his blood clots would be a permanent issue, but everyone else needed to wait and see.

For being so smart and intuitive, its a wonder why you didnt share your vast knowledge with the Cavs and their lead leading losses front office during the no James years.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottomed out?
1 year post James we basically were where all these teams that spent big money hope to be.
That was without Bosh.

Maybe you knew his blood clots would be a permanent issue, but everyone else needed to wait and see.

For being so smart and intuitive, its a wonder why you didnt share your vast knowledge with the Cavs and their lead leading losses front office during the no James years.
luckily the Cavs did exactly what i would have recommended--- sell everything off you can, bottom out, rent your cap space out for as many draft picks as possible- and add as much young talent as humanely possible over the next 3-4 years in anticipation of jumping back into free agency once the team was stocked with young players and assets.

thats PROBA better way to go then pissing off your franchise player to the point he bolts, sending 2 lightly protected first round picks away for a point guard who is not even top 10 i nthe league and is now 30 years old, and signing a center who cant pass, cant shoot, and cant guard on the perimeter to a huge contract despite his chracter issues...

id go with approach 1...thats just me though....everyone is entitled to their opinion.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagine if you facilitated a sign and trade for Bosh to Houston, dealt Wade to Chicago for picks and players (which they had a ton of at the time), and bottomed out nad kept the picks you dealt for dragic...

youd could be 1-2 years away from a Minnesota Twolves-like young core...

instead...the emptiest draft chest in the league outside of Brooklyn, Tyler Johnson and Whiteside...lol

Winslow is a POTENTIAL future stud though....that is a great piece.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagine if you facilitated a sign and trade for Bosh to Houston, dealt Wade to Chicago for picks and players (which they had a ton of at the time), and bottomed out nad kept the picks you dealt for dragic...

youd could be 1-2 years away from a Minnesota Twolves-like young core...

instead...the emptiest draft chest in the league outside of Brooklyn, Tyler Johnson and Whiteside...lol

Winslow is a POTENTIAL future stud though....that is a great piece.

WTF do you know you really know about Tyler Johnson.
Let's see your list of weaknesses in his game.
He's actually more complete then Winslow as of now.
The only place he struggles is if he's running the point, and that should be expected since he's never been asked to do it before.

The Heat has a very solid foundation of Whiteside, Tyler, Winslow, and Richardson.
Dragic is also a very good player, but I could envision him being dealt to create what would be a mountain of cap space next summer.
Then throw in this years 2 draft picks, prob lotto.

What's wrong with that plan?

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't watch most of the game because of the World Series, but I see that Russell looked in the box score. Lakers got some good young players. Hawks still got some improvement to do, but it's early in the season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls vs Knicks tonight. Should be fun. Rose and Noah return.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Wizards to give us a tough fight tonight. Doubt they'll let us beat them by double digits eight days later.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF do you know you really know about Tyler Johnson.
Let's see your list of weaknesses in his game.
He's actually more complete then Winslow as of now.
The only place he struggles is if he's running the point, and that should be expected since he's never been asked to do it before.

The Heat has a very solid foundation of Whiteside, Tyler, Winslow, and Richardson.
Dragic is also a very good player, but I could envision him being dealt to create what would be a mountain of cap space next summer.
Then throw in this years 2 draft picks, prob lotto.

What's wrong with that plan?

Pretty sure he hasn't seen Tyler Johnson play more than 1 or 2 times. Dude is a tool who admitted several times on here that he doesn't watch the NBA outside of cavs games

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he hasn't seen Tyler Johnson play more than 1 or 2 times. Dude is a tool who admitted several times on here that he doesn't watch the NBA outside of cavs games

Well thats pretty obvious.

Hassan 'plodding' Whiteside off to a very nice start.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense looks absolutely putrid tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.