• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Game 4

Cavaliers +1100
Warriors -2500

what does that mean? i dont bet.......what is -2500 expresed as odds? thats not 25-1 is it?

so what a minute.....those are the same thing Turnup?

25-1 vs. 3-1? LOL

Like i said--- the Cubs were heavy favorites in Game 5 when the Tribe started regular #5 starter Trevor Bauer and his injured hand vs. Jon Lester in Chicago.

The Cubs were also favorites in Game 6 when they threw defending Cy Young winner Jake Arrieta on full rest- vs. the Tribe's regular #4 starter- Josh Tomlin- on short rest

and of course- the Game that was most even- but the Cubs were still favored- throwing Kyle Hendricks- who very well might win the Cy Young this year- vs. Corey Kluber who was pitching for the 3rd time in the series and was on short test.

I can see why the Tribe was 3-1 favorites being up 3-1---- but there was an obvious path back for the Cubs- and the baseball teams win and lose 3 games in a row all the time--- even good teams...The Cubs ahd the best record in baseball this year and their winning percentage was .640

The Warriors? Obviously were favorites on their home court in Game 5- where they had only lost 1 game at during the regular season. AT home in Game 6 the Cavs were slight favorites. At home in Game 7 the Warriors were again heavy favorites.

The Warriors winning percentage was .890 during the regular season- and had not lost 3 games in a row in almost 2 years. They had not lost 2 home games in ar ow in almost 2 years.

I mean- to compare the two is simply idiotic.

3-1. vs. 25-1?

I wasn't comparing the two.
You did.
I just pointed out how wrong you were when you said the Cubs always remained the favorites.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what were the odds on the Cavs after going down 3-1?
What the f*&$ does it matter who is the favorite? If they're on the court- in the case of last night, on the field- then they should be good to go. You can't say oh they weren't the favs so their loss isn't viewed as bad, but on the other hand have an entire city ready to parade through the streets if they win. That's so hypocritical. You're typical stuff though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a great season, the same as the Warriors.
They choked away a 3-1 lead the same as Warriors.
It's just crazy that two 3-1 series comebacks involved the same fan base.

Don't know how you can take away being up 3-1 in a championship series and losing as a positive. Someone help me out here. You had a 3-1 lead with 2 of the 3 remaining games being at your home, and you failed to capitalize.

Loser mentality.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So either the Warriors didn't choke being up 3-1 because they lost to a better team. Like the Indians did with the Cubs.

Or the Indians completely choked, like the Warriors because they were up 3-1 to begin with.

Which one is it?
The Indians were 3-1 favorites...that is a choke job- though every single one of the 3 games they lostt hey were the under dogs- and were missing 3 of their top 10 players to injury (really probably 3 of their top 6-7 guys i would say if you want to look at it closely).

The Warriors were up 3-1-- hadnt lost 3 games in a row in almost 2 years, hadnt lost 2 games in a row at home in almost 2 years- and were 25-1 favorites to win.

Yes- the Indians did blow a 3-1 lead and were 3-1 favorites to win.....they would win that series 3 out of 4 times so- sure....they should have finished it off and blew an amazing opportunity. Sure- i can say that they choked a little- but i dont think anyone was SHOCKED that the Cubs came back considering they were the favorites in all 3 games

The Warriors were 25-1 favorites and lost 3 ina row for the first time in 2 ears and 2 i na row at home for the first time in 2 years. That is an EPIC choke job. There is a reason that no team had ever lost a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals before.....it baseball its happened multiple times- last time though in 1985.

If the Charlotte Hornets made it to the FInals- somehow got up 3-1 on the Spurs without Kemba Walker and Michale Kidd Gilchrist, and lost 3 in a row- would that be a choke job? i dont think so.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't comparing the two.
You did.
I just pointed out how wrong you were when you said the Cubs always remained the favorites.
seriously-i dont know howbetting odds work since i have never made a real sports bet with a bookie

does -2500 mean 25-1 odds?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was the first here to point out James was a Yankee fan after @WiggyRuss told us how great it was to see James supporting the Indians.

Yes, I'm having some fun with him today because of the 3-1 stuff and his party, but outside of that, I haven't made a negative James/Cavs post in quite some time.

Hey just pointing out that you said Heat fans have moved on from LeBron yet you're still talking about him. I mean I quoted 1 of your comments. Also you called him LeDouche in this thread earlier (# 1040). So much for you claiming you haven't said anything negative about him in quite some time. That's simply not true. Actually you have been talking shit about him for 2+ years now. I just think it's funny you always are denying it though.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was the first here to point out James was a Yankee fan after @WiggyRuss told us how great it was to see James supporting the Indians.

Yes, I'm having some fun with him today because of the 3-1 stuff and his party, but outside of that, I haven't made a negative James/Cavs post in quite some time.
And so what if you did?

If LBJ would shut his trap once in a while and stop trolling other teams maybe we wouldn't have so much material on these threads. Then the Cavs/LBJ police could take a day or two off.

Besides, LBJ says idiotic things for the attention- so not sure why people feel some type of way when it's discussed.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....that will be funny...

thank GOD its not a - what? Marlins jersey? do they still have basbeall teams in Florida?

Nobody really cares about the Marlins, but as a franchise of only 23 years of existence they own more titles than your 3 major sports teams have accumulated in 70+ years combined, including a head to head victory over the Tribe.

#justsayin'

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how you can take away being up 3-1 in a championship series and losing as a positive. Someone help me out here. You had a 3-1 lead with 2 of the 3 remaining games being at your home, and you failed to capitalize.

Loser mentality.
its definitely NOT A positive....and i really thought going into Game 7 that Kluber and the Tribe would pull it out--- but i t as obviousa s the game went on that Kluber- and even Miller just had nothing left....at that point i thought it was done....i was shocked Rajai want yard like that- i really like him as a player- and would resign him--- but he is old and will probbly get some decent offers

when you are the Tribe and are a baseball team in Cleveland - you cant operate like that

the Tribe was the ONLY team in the playoffs that was not in the top half of the league in payroll- and they got to extra innings in game 7....that goes to show you how good the management is.

think about this- JON LESTER---- ALONE- makes more then the entire healthy tribe rotation combined- and when healthy the tribes rotation is considered easily one of the top 3 in baseball.

a rotation of Kluber, Tomlin, Bauer, Merritt though?- that wouldnt even be top 15 in baseball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Tribe was 20th in payroll in the league- and like i said- the only team to make the playoffs that was not in the top 16 in payroll......

Jon Lester makes more then the entire Tribe rotation of Kluber, Carrasco, Salazar, Bauer, Tomlin COMBINED.....so messd up.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey just pointing out that you said Heat fans have moved on from LeBron yet you're still talking about him. I mean I quoted 1 of your comments. Also you called him LeDouche in this thread earlier (# 1040). So much for you claiming you haven't said anything negative about him in quite some time. That's simply not true. Actually you have been talking shit about him for 2+ years now. I just think it's funny you always are denying it though.

#1040 was TODAY, with this stuff.
Like I said, I haven't been commenting on James/Cavs in general because I don't really care anymore.
Game ended once he won.
I fully expect them to be right back in the Finals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1040 was TODAY, with this stuff.
Like I said, I haven't been commenting on James/Cavs in general because I don't really care anymore.
Game ended once he won.
I fully expect them to be right back in the Finals.
oh yah....you know that you will be watching LeBron and the best teammate heh as ever had dominate for the foreseeable future....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously-i dont know howbetting odds work since i have never made a real sports bet with a bookie

does -2500 mean 25-1 odds?

Yes.
Odds are usually listed divisible by 100, so you are laying 2500 to win 100.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah....you know that you will be watching LeBron and the best teammate heh as ever had dominate for the foreseeable future....

Cavs / Warriors III would be fun.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we got that settled.

2016 Cleveland Indians. Chokers.
def yakked it away

but nothing like the historic yak job the Warriors did

to not lose 3 in a row for almost 2 years- to not lose 2 in a row at home for almost 2 years--- to get up 3-1 and then talk trash like Klay and company did-

The Indians with the 20th highest payroll in baseball and a roster decimated by injury made it to extra innings of game 7. There is no shame in that

the Warriors? Their hubris led to their downfall- and for the first time in history you saw a team lose a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals despite being 25-1 favorites in Vegas.

Warriors had a 89% win percentage during the year. The Cubs? best in baseball at 64%....teams lose 3 in a row in baseball all the time....in basketball? The Warriors hadnt lost 3 in a row in almost 2 years.

think about that---- the timing of that.....playing dozens and dozens of games over the span of almost 2 full seasons- and then right at the worstpossible time yakking it away.

so yah-- 3-1---- vs. 25-1.......no one could possibly deny that the epic yak job by the Warriors is ever likely to be reapeted. NBA teams just dont give up leads like that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.
Odds are usually listed divisible by 100, so you are laying 2500 to win 100.
so just divide each side by 100....

25-1....

gotcha....after game 4 the Warriors were 25-1 favs to win the NBA Title.....after Game 4 the Indians were 3-1 favorites to win the WORld Series.....interesting.

the tribe blew a lead with a roster decimated by injuries- missing 3 of their top 7-8 guys

the warriors choked their balls off to a tune of 25-1...man i wish i would have bet on that one.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

25-1....

gotcha....after game 4 the Warriors were 25-1 favs to win the NBA Title.....after Game 4 the Indians were 3-1 favorites to win the WORld Series.....interesting.

No.
After game 5 for Tribe. I didn't look after game 4.
You were right though that Cubs were favored for each of the last 3 games individually.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

25-1....

the tribe blew a lead with a roster decimated by injuries- missing 3 of their top 7-8 guys

the warriors choked their balls off to a tune of 25-1...man i wish i would have bet on that one.

Means that bettor confidence felt that the Warriors were less likely to choke. Shows that almost everyone knew that the Indians would choke.

However, blowing a 3-1 lead is the same because ultimately, you lost when you were in a position to win just one game for a championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.