• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would think that LeDouche would have thought out his Halloween decor a bit better, though just in case.

#karma

Yeah, lack of awareness on tempting fate.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will LeBron break Kareem's scoring record?

A big game Thursday against the Boston Celtics would help Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James pass Hakeem Olajuwon and move into the top 10 on the NBA's all-time scoring list.

Given he's still playing at an elite level, James can pass many more of the game's greats in years to come.

Can he get all the way to the top of the leaderboard, passing Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant and even breaking Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's record of 38,387 points?

if he pulled it off- that would mean he is healthy and playing for a good long time to come...lets hope it happens! would certainly solidfy his status as the best of all time outside of MJ.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are back on the way up. Not good that they spent all that money on Mozgov, but they got Walton and two excellent young guards. I'm not sold on Julius Randle yet. He's too T-Rex armed.

We will get an idea tonight what Boston's chances will be in the playoffs. Horford is a great addition. Brad Stevens is one of the smartest coaches.
I think Randle looks GREAT!! That win last night was amazing!!!

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron rooted against the Tribe during his first stint there.
Big Yankees fan.
Indians get good, then he's on board.
THAT'S why people can't stand him and root against him.
#truebandwagonleader

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, lack of awareness on tempting fate.
well...its a lot different too.

the Indians werent expected to get out of the first round- let alone make it to the World Series where they were nearly 2-1 underdogs.

After they beat Boston i thought they were playing with house money. Obviously it sucks not to be able to finish it off- but when you lay it out you could kind of see it coming.....rested Lester, Arrieta, Hendricks vs. Bauer, Tomlin (the tribes normal 4th and 5th starters with tomlin on short rest)- and then Kluber pitching for the 2nd time in a row on short rest......

i really cant believe tomlin pitched as well as he did vs. boston and toronto- those are great lineups and tomlin had given up like a major league near-leading 36 bombs in the regular season....

the only advantage the tribe had in this series beause of their injuries was the bullpen- and even then- the Cubs have a top 5 relieve in Chapman so its not like it was that pronounced of a difference.

Think LeBron said it best:

"I think the Indians' season was a success," James said. "Obviously to get all the way there and not be able to come out victorious, it hurts, especially for those guys that have worked so hard all season. I think we all can agree that the Cubs [were] the best team all season and they had the most talent all season long. It's just different in baseball. [Teams] have different guys at the mound each game. It's very different, but they had their chance. You can't say they didn't give it their all. They gave a great shot. Just the Cubs [were] a better team going down the stretch."

just like in the NBA Finals- the better team won. Cant argue with that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will LeBron break Kareem's scoring record?

A big game Thursday against the Boston Celtics would help Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James pass Hakeem Olajuwon and move into the top 10 on the NBA's all-time scoring list.

Given he's still playing at an elite level, James can pass many more of the game's greats in years to come.

Can he get all the way to the top of the leaderboard, passing Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant and even breaking Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's record of 38,387 points?

if he pulled it off- that would mean he is healthy and playing for a good long time to come...lets hope it happens! would certainly solidfy his status as the best of all time outside of MJ.

No

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Indians werent expected to get out of the first round- let alone make it to the World Series where they were nearly 2-1 underdogs.

After they beat Boston i thought they were playing with house money. Obviously it sucks not to be able to finish it off- but when you lay it out you could kind of see it coming.....rested Lester, Arrieta, Hendricks vs. Bauer, Tomlin (the tribes normal 4th and 5th starters with tomlin on short rest)- and then Kluber pitching for the 2nd time in a row on short rest......

i really cant believe tomlin pitched as well as he did vs. boston and toronto- those are great lineups and tomlin had given up like a major league near-leading 36 bombs in the regular season....

the only advantage the tribe had in this series beause of their injuries was the bullpen- and even then- the Cubs have a top 5 relieve in Chapman so its not like it was that pronounced of a difference.

They had a great season, the same as the Warriors.
They choked away a 3-1 lead the same as Warriors.
It's just crazy that two 3-1 series comebacks involved the same fan base.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a great season, the same as the Warriors.
They choked away a 3-1 lead the same as Warriors.
It's just crazy that two 3-1 series comebacks involved the same fan base.
Warriors choked......they won 73 and choked.....the Indians just werent as good as the Cubs and ran out of bullets. Cubs were the best team all regular season- and were fully healthy and beat an underdog Indians team that were nearly 2-1 underdogs and were underdogs in every series leading up to the WS.

It would be like saying if the Hornets somehow got to the Finals without Kemba Walker and got up 3-1 and ended up losing that they choked.

The Warriors were favorites aginst the Cavs in the Finals- got up, got cocky, and choked...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think LeBron said it best:

"I think the Indians' season was a success," James said. "Obviously to get all the way there and not be able to come out victorious, it hurts, especially for those guys that have worked so hard all season. I think we all can agree that the Cubs [were] the best team all season and they had the most talent all season long. It's just different in baseball. [Teams] have different guys at the mound each game. It's very different, but they had their chance. You can't say they didn't give it their all. They gave a great shot. Just the Cubs [were] a better team going down the stretch."

just like in the NBA Finals- the better team won. Cant argue with that.

Only you and LeDouche would break it down like this.
List all the excuses/reasons the Indians had but ignore the excuses/reasons the Warriors had.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors choked......they won 73 and choked.....the Indians just werent as good as the Cubs and ran out of bullets. Cubs were the best team all regular season- and were fully healthy and beat an underdog Indians team that were nearly 2-1 underdogs and were underdogs in every series leading up to the WS.

It would be like saying if the Hornets somehow got to the Finals without Kemba Walker and got up 3-1 and ended up losing that they choked.

The Warriors were favorites aginst the Cavs in the Finals- got up, got cocky, and choked...

So if the Warriors were favorites and choked, then obviously the best team didn't win the in the finals as you suggested. Game, set, match.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the Warriors just choked?
They were fully healthy like the Cubs?

Indians did have injuries to deal with BUT so did the Warriors.

You can't have it both ways.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Warriors were favorites and choked, then obviously the best team didn't win the in the finals as you suggested. Game, set, match.
Cubs were a lot beter then the Indians and the Indians then lost 2 of their top 10 players.

THe Warriors absolutely deserved to be betting favorites having home field advantage after winning 73 games---- but as we learned--- there is only 1 King of the NBA....as we saw all last year-- a lot of people forgot that/wanted to dismiss LeBron away and thought Curry was #1....we all saw how that worked out.

of course basketball and baseball are a lot different. At the end of the game you can pick who's hand the ball is in.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The really underrated part here is that the Cubs were able to complete the comeback, without lobbying to get any Indian players suspended.

:dhd:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

injuries to who? the Cavs were the team that actually had important guys MISS Games becuase of injury like Love with the concussion

the fact that Steph Curry played and excelled more than a month before the series started - and people want to say he was injured for the Finals is the worst excuse i have ever heard- if you are out there- you are good to go.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually do appreacite the Tribe/Warriors comparisons though, lol....never saw that coming from this team a few months ago let me tell ya that!! lol. One team a defending champion - the other team a 82 win (baseball) team with one of the smallest payrolls in baseball coming into the year.....

shows you just how great Francona is

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Red Sox were heavy favorites in first round vs. the Indians. (I lost money on game one -- game was in Cleveland and betting line was -145. After that I stayed away from it.)

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs were a lot beter then the Indians and the Indians then lost 2 of their top 10 players.

THe Warriors absolutely deserved to be betting favorites having home field advantage after winning 73 games---- but as we learned--- there is only 1 King of the NBA....as we saw all last year-- a lot of people forgot that/wanted to dismiss LeBron away and thought Curry was #1....we all saw how that worked out.

of course basketball and baseball are a lot different. At the end of the game you can pick who's hand the ball is in.

Well it's either the Warriors were favorites and choked and were the best team or were the Cavs the best team and win like the Cubs? Can't be both.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox were heavy favorites in first round vs. the Indians. (I lost money on game one -- game was in Cleveland and betting line was -145. After that I stayed away from it.)
thats the thing - when the playoffs started- after Salazar and Carrasco went down in September- i was just hoping to have some fun- and get out of the first round...I realized they were big underdogs to the Red Sox- but hoped that in the short series Kluber could come through----- luckily- both hi m and Tomlin did come through.

All those cumulative extra innings and extra starts that Kluber and Miller made dealing with Carrasco, Salazar, and then even the idiot Bauer going out- and basically having a 2 man rotation- caught up with them.......they limp into the WS- not even knowing if Bauer's finger would allow him to pitch with a 2 man rotation....

think about that- they started Ryan Merrit who had like 20 innings pitched in his major league career and somehow got past Toronto when I thought that was gonna be tough--- to have such little pitching in a 7 game series--- in the 5 game series- i thought- okay- they can make it work with this bullpen....

Game 5 with their ace- Lester- against Bauer- the Tribes usual 4th starter pitching with his hand all screwed up was obviously not good---- When they lost game 5 I got worried....Tomlin and Kluber on short rest against Arrieta and Hendricks fully rested seemed rough----

Kluber had nothing last night. he was gassed. I was hoping he would get through 3-4 and get the bullpen going---- but Miller was just gassed too. Sucks....what are you gonna do.....

You are going up a fully healthy team with one of the biggest payrolls in baseball- while you have 3 of your top 10 players not even playing.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's either the Warriors were favorites and choked and were the best team or were the Cavs the best team and win like the Cubs? Can't be both.

Can't argue with that logic. You should be a lawyer.

Last season's Warriors were a perfect example of the unpredictability of sports. Pretty much every measure had them being one of the top teams of all time. Coming back after being down 3-1. Losing after being up 3-1 after a bunch of things happen at the worst time for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.