• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really hate the Indians like I do the Cavs. I just have a good amount of friends that were Cubs fans. And given that Thomas Edison was strolling around when they last won, it's time they broke the curse. Good for them.
LOL @ Thomas Edison strolling around.

I hate anything LBJ related. I didn't used to feel that way until he started trolling the Dubs immediately following game 7. I can't wait til June- hopefully the Dubs will have the chance to redeem themselves and send that narcissus home crying.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really hate the Indians like I do the Cavs. I just have a good amount of friends that were Cubs fans. And given that Thomas Edison was strolling around when they last won, it's time they broke the curse. Good for them.

It's truly incredible. The last time the Cubs won the WS was 6 years before World War I. Not World War II, World War I!!!! It was also almost 40 years before Jackie Robinson.

I was thinking that the Cubs curse was stronger, but maybe LeBron tipped the scale in favor of the Indians' curse.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have the Indians talked shit lol. There are so many "frontrunner" Cubs fans it's crazy. The fact is the Indians being up 3-1 was something I never imagined, shit I was shocked they swept the Red Sox. The Cubs had a huge advantage but it came down to the Indians starters getting overworked. The Cubs were the better team, have to give them credit, no doubt.
what a great year.......what are you gonna do? they were underdogs to win the Central, underdogs against Boston, underdogs against Toronto and underdogs in the World Series...the wave finally crashed into the beach.

hopefully next year with Carrasco, Salazar and Brantley back- 3 very very good players- they will be able to see a rematch Cavs/GSW style- and with a healthy roster- also see a different result just like the Cavs.

now to focus on the NBA- which- in my mind has never been in better condition....Its awesome right in the NBA...of course the Cavs are the defending champs and look great---- but i look all over the NBA and see a lot of things i really like------ I love that Boston is a psuedo-contender that the Cavs can toy with and slap around. I love that Russell Westbrook is showing everyone has awesome he is. I love that the Warriors have all the pressure in the world bearing down on them while the Cavs kind of fly under the radar. I love teams that i tradiitonally hate like the Lakers and Heat and (probably) the Knicks are gonna suck major donkey dick. I love that some other teams i casually root for like the Jazz, Griz, Clippers, Pacers, Hornets, Thunder, all are looking up early on.

I gotta say- despite the great start by the Cavs and how great Kyrie has been playing- i havent watched much basketball yet. Tonight the Cavs have a national TV game against boston.....perfect opportunity to get in basketball mode.

one last thing- props to Tito Francona- best manager in baseball. He makes it all go. What a class act through and through. Thanks for leading this bunch of underdogs as far as you can go without winning it. Was a helluva ride.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have the Indians talked shit lol. There are so many "frontrunner" Cubs fans it's crazy. The fact is the Indians being up 3-1 was something I never imagined, shit I was shocked they swept the Red Sox. The Cubs had a huge advantage but it came down to the Indians starters getting overworked. The Cubs were the better team, have to give them credit, no doubt.

You are correct, in a sense, I meant Cavs fans who have ripped the Heat fan base calling us front runners, bandwagon, etc..
Since its on this forum though, the Cavs fans are the Indians fans, so basically it's one and the same.

Also, I have nothing against the Indians of true Cleveland fans in general.

Bottom line though is Indians blew 3-1 lead, regardless of reasons. Warriors also had plenty of reasons but it is what it is.

Also, no denying, Indians fans SOLD game 7 tickets to Cubs fans.
Distinct difference in mindset and passion.
I understand the sellers made money, but to me a true fan would have a hard time taking the money over the experience unless they really, really needed it.
Im not judging, just commenting.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a great year.......what are you gonna do? they were underdogs to win the Central, underdogs against Boston, underdogs against Toronto and underdogs in the World Series...the wave finally crashed into the beach.

hopefully next year with Carrasco, Salazar and Brantley back- 3 very very good players- they will be able to see a rematch Cavs/GSW style- and with a healthy roster- also see a different result just like the Cavs.

now to focus on the NBA- which- in my mind has never been in better condition....Its awesome right in the NBA...of course the Cavs are the defending champs and look great---- but i look all over the NBA and see a lot of things i really like------ I love that Boston is a psuedo-contender that the Cavs can toy with and slap around. I love that Russell Westbrook is showing everyone has awesome he is. I love that the Warriors have all the pressure in the world bearing down on them while the Cavs kind of fly under the radar. I love teams that i tradiitonally hate like the Lakers and Heat and (probably) the Knicks are gonna suck major donkey dick. I love that some other teams i casually root for like the Jazz, Griz, Clippers, Pacers, Hornets, Thunder, all are looking up early on.

I gotta say- despite the great start by the Cavs and how great Kyrie has been playing- i havent watched much basketball yet. Tonight the Cavs have a national TV game against boston.....perfect opportunity to get in basketball mode.

one last thing- props to Tito Francona- best manager in baseball. He makes it all go. What a class act through and through. Thanks for leading this bunch of underdogs as far as you can go without winning it. Was a helluva ride.

After game 5, Indians were near 3-1 FAVORITES.
Spin it any way you want, they blew a 3-1 series lead.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, in a sense, I meant Cavs fans who have ripped the Heat fan base calling us front runners, bandwagon, etc..
Since its on this forum though, the Cavs fans are the Indians fans, so basically it's one and the same.

Also, I have nothing against the Indians of true Cleveland fans in general.

Bottom line though is Indians blew 3-1 lead, regardless of reasons. Warriors also had plenty of reasons but it is what it is.

Also, no denying, Indians fans SOLD game 7 tickets to Cubs fans.
Distinct difference in mindset and passion.
I understand the sellers made money, but to me a true fan would have a hard time taking the money over the experience unless they really, really needed it.
Im not judging, just commenting.
i mean- is this a joke?

Florida sports fans in general have the reputation for being the worst fans in the entire country.

In right field in Progressive field there is a retired number- 455--- do you know what that stands for? Its for 455 straight sell outs of a 42,000 seat stadium in CLEVELAND ohio- one of the smallest markets in the entire USA that has 3 major sports teams.

If you took any time to educate yourself- you would learn that Indians fans that were season ticket holders had the option of buying up to 8 tickets. Many kept half of them- and sold the other half- 3 months of mortgage payments. Shit----- if you offered me a ticket to game 7 of the World Series- or 3K to sit at home and watch it with my family, dad and brothers- thats an EASY EEASY DECISION.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

now to focus on the NBA- which- in my mind has never been in better condition....Its awesome right in the NBA...of course the Cavs are the defending champs and look great---- but i look all over the NBA and see a lot of things i really like------ I love that Boston is a psuedo-contender that the Cavs can toy with and slap around. I love that Russell Westbrook is showing everyone has awesome he is. I love that the Warriors have all the pressure in the world bearing down on them while the Cavs kind of fly under the radar. I love teams that i tradiitonally hate like the Lakers and Heat and (probably) the Knicks are gonna suck major donkey dick. I love that some other teams i casually root for like the Jazz, Griz, Clippers, Pacers, Hornets, Thunder, all are looking up.

Lakers are back on the way up. Not good that they spent all that money on Mozgov, but they got Walton and two excellent young guards. I'm not sold on Julius Randle yet. He's too T-Rex armed.

We will get an idea tonight what Boston's chances will be in the playoffs. Horford is a great addition. Brad Stevens is one of the smartest coaches.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda pathetic that people hate Lebron so much that they root against the team he was cheering for lol. But I do hate the Yankees so

LeBron rooted against the Tribe during his first stint there.
Big Yankees fan.
Indians get good, then he's on board.
THAT'S why people can't stand him and root against him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are back on the way up. Not good that they spent all that money on Mozgov, but they got Walton and two excellent young guards. I'm not sold on Julius Randle yet. He's too T-Rex armed.

We will get an idea tonight what Boston's chances will be in the playoffs. Horford is a great addition. Brad Stevens is one of the smartest coaches.
Boston has zero chance against the Cavs unless they make another major move---- but they do have the ammo to do so so that is something to watch for. but as currently constructed they are not a threat. Cavs would have the best 3 players in the series easily.

Lakers are YEARS away from competing still. Look at Minnesota. Minnesota has so much more talent then the Lakers and is years further along in their rebuild and still isnt close to anything like contention. Even with a transcendent talent like Towns- and another big time talent like Wiggins- two talents that the Lakers have nothing that is even remotely close to- they arent even close...2-3 years away at a minimum from making any kind of real noise in minne. If thats the case in Minne....how long will it be for the Lakers? AT LEAST 3-4 more years until they are anything mroe then a punching bag in the West.

what ingram is like 19-20 years old? Russell 21 or something?---- you dont win shit at that age.....once those guys are between 24-25 they wil lstart coming around- will have filled out and maybe learned how to play some defense and thats IF they pan out-- which is far from guaranteed-- and what is the success rate on lotto picks? 50/50?

I agree- Lakers are on their way up--- no way they have the worst season in franchise history again- like they did the last 2 years---- but when you look at the age of their prospets and where they are at with the rebuild----- its gonna be a long time before they are competitive again.

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- is this a joke?

Florida sports fans in general have the reputation for being the worst fans in the entire country.

In right field in Progressive field there is a retired number- 455--- do you know what that stands for? Its for 455 straight sell outs of a 42,000 seat stadium in CLEVELAND ohio- one of the smallest markets in the entire USA that has 3 major sports teams.

If you took any time to educate yourself- you would learn that Indians fans that were season ticket holders had the option of buying up to 8 tickets. Many kept half of them- and sold the other half- 3 months of mortgage payments. Shit----- if you offered me a ticket to game 7 of the World Series- or 3K to sit at home and watch it with my family, dad and brothers- thats an EASY EEASY DECISION.

Reputation based on opinions from idiots like you?

We've been over the numbers before. Heat seats sold % is much higher then Cavs all things being equal.

All I know it the Heat arena was full of Heat fans during our playoff runs.
As far as selling, IMO, as I've stated, a TRUE fan isn't selling for a few K UNLESS its really needed.
The experience is priceless.
If it's really needed though, then why on earth are they buying season tickets for a baseball team to begin with?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston has zero chance against the Cavs unless they make another major move---- but they do have the ammo to do so so that is something to watch for. but as currently constructed they are not a threat. Cavs would have the best 3 players in the series easily.

Lakers are YEARS away from competing still. Look at Minnesota. Minnesota has so much more talent then the Lakers and is years further along in their rebuild and still isnt close to anything like contention. Even with a transcendent talent like Towns- and another big time talent like Wiggins- two talents that the Lakers have nothing that is even remotely close to- they arent even close...2-3 years away at a minimum from making any kind of real noise in minne. If thats the case in Minne....how long will it be for the Lakers? AT LEAST 3-4 more years until they are anything mroe then a punching bag in the West.

what ingram is like 19-20 years old? Russell 21 or something?---- you dont win shit at that age.....once those guys are between 24-25 they wil lstart coming around- will have filled out and maybe learned how to play some defense and thats IF they pan out-- which is far from guaranteed-- and what is the success rate on lotto picks? 50/50?

Perfect timing then as the Warriors age. The Lakers are not looking to win right now, but they've got possibly got 3 future stars in Russell, Clarkson, and Ingram, who scouts are comparing to Durant.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was honestly shocked at the number of Cubs fans at the game last night. That must have been incredible for those who attended.

It's the year of the 3-1 blown lead. Next year teams are going to intentionally lose game 4 if they're up 2-1.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was honestly shocked at the number of Cubs fans at the game last night. That must have been incredible for those who attended.

It's the year of the 3-1 blown lead. Next year teams are going to intentionally lose game 4 if they're up 2-1.

After the game you could really see how Cub loaded it was.
It honestly looked like a home crowd from the views they were showing.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the game you could really see how Cub loaded it was.
It honestly looked like a home crowd from the views they were showing.

It was like a college football bowl game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond was being empathetic. LOL. Indians fans shouldn't be upset.

One would think that LeDouche would have thought out his Halloween decor a bit better, though just in case.

#karma

Status
Not open for further replies.