• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His efficiency is tremendous. And to think all it took was playing with unselfish guys.
I wouldn't call Russ selfish so much as just being ball dominant, and not being able to thrive as an off ball player

JkShaz821

Associate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insane stat of the day

Demarcus Cousins is shooting 37% from 3 on 5 attempts per game.

Huh. I guess it shows how little I pay attention to Sacramento. I had no idea he was attempting that many per game from beyond the arc. Much less with that level of accuracy

Reactions: TJL

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, I was pretty confident as soon as he signed that he was immediately the best player on the team.

I've had him as the 2nd best basketball player in the world since 2012.
I was confident as well, but I figured that it'd be towards the end of the regular season

JkShaz821

Associate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the year after Harden left to the Rockets, all 3 were ranked in the ESPN top 10 player evaluator, and it's not like Harden got that much better in one offseason, they just didn't have a spot for him as a start on the Thunder, he was perfect as a 6 man.

True. I just can't decide if that means that the 3 were managed very poorly or if it was just a thing were there wasn't enough room for all three of them to work and do their thing on a team that top heavy even with Harden coming off the bench?

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was confident as well, but I figured that it'd be towards the end of the regular season
I'm sure it didn't take Kerr and the rest of the team to figure out he's better than Curry, after seeing them both play on a daily basis.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I just can't decide if that means that the 3 were managed very poorly or if it was just a thing were there wasn't enough room for all three of them to work and do their thing on a team that top heavy even with Harden coming off the bench?
They were amazing, and Harden was amazing from the bench, he won the 6th man of the year in a landslide, he just completely shit the bed in the finals, which partly led to them keeping Serge Ibaka over him.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of how you feel about about the notion it would appear that being on a team with as many weapons as the GSW have afforded him the opportunity of being much more selective with his shots. Clearly he has rewarded those opportunities by translating it into a career best for fg%
Hey! Where you been?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine in the case of KD it is the first option- clearly he's on a top heavy team & has no problems with stats.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to say Kobe "can do no wrong" with some of the stuff that he has done absolutely positively turns my stomach. I dont know how you can have respect for women and say a guy who was indicted for r*pe and paid a huge out of court settlement to make it go away "can do no wrong".

ESPECIALLY his excuse for cheating on his wife--- "WELL- SHAQ DOES IT TOO!"....

And that's why everyone thinks you're a little fuckweasel

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would the Lakers do with Randle?

Plus, the money doesn't work.

Bill Simmons is on crack.

He pulled this out of his ass.

Bill "Picasso" Simmons Has 3-Way Trade Idea for Melo to Clippers That Would Be Asinine for the Lakers

That would be completely idiotic (which is probably why Simmons came up with it). Melo would be a bad fit for the Clips and, as you point out, what do you do with Randle? Also, no thanks on Pierce.

The only way trading for Blake would make any sense whatsoever would be if the Lakers gave up Randle and maybe Russell or Russell and Clarkson and got something else of value back as well. No way should Ingram be included.

Also, Blake seems to be becoming injury prone which would be another reason to not do it.

Reactions: LAD

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons coming up with a trade that is shit for Lakers? color me surprised.

JkShaz821

Associate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were amazing, and Harden was amazing from the bench, he won the 6th man of the year in a landslide, he just completely shit the bed in the finals, which partly led to them keeping Serge Ibaka over him.

Thats right. Don't know why but it slipped my mind that that was the timing of that. Just seemed a shame they only ever made 1 final and didn't even really perform well in it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly just ridiculously busy. Life threw a lot of changes my way the last few years.
Yea, and everyone thought they'd go to finals after finals after finals, and with Harden playing like such shit on everyones mind, they forgot how pivotal he was for them all year, everybody at the time thought keeping Serge was the right move.

Hindsight is 20/20

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Jones is starting

Status
Not open for further replies.