• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed a great night to be at the Heat game. Guessing you sold your tickets since Houston was in town and everyone wants to see Harden?

I got lucky and sold to someone I know who is associated with the Rockets who had friends that wanted to go.
Its really difficult for me to get to games this time of the year, but its even more difficult to sell them.
The one thing about James that I do miss is that he was great for business.

I'll prob skip Mavs game but no shot I miss Beasley on Saturday or Warriors on Monday.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not

but it still holds some weight

we talk about how many rings certain players have compared to others, and looking at your post history I see you dip into that argument quite a bit with Kobe/MJ/LeBron, so would you then say "They been playing one on one games?"

What does the number of rings a player has have to do with head to head competition? Kobe, MJ and Lebron have never played each other in the finals.

The ring count is about the number each player has individually and is used as a tiebreaker to separate the all-time greats.

Head to head is about how each others teams have fared against each other. All but 2 of Lebron and KD's head to head games were while KD was with OKC and on teams that weren't as good as Lebron's. Since KD joined a team that is as good as Lebron's, they are 1-1 (although that curbstomping last night should probably count as 1.5 for KD lol).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am kinda 50/50 on it....the enmity is definitely there between the two teams- they definitely do not like eachother.

but like i said- the first time they played in the Finals Love and Kyrie werent even there....Durant wasnt there last year...the Cavs coach is different

if there was a lot of continuity maybe i could go for it...but 2 years ago there was absolutely zero history between these two teams.

IF they face in the Finals again, and this continues into next year and the teams stay the same and all the main players stay the same- then i would be more prone to buy into it...right now im kind of in the middle but leaning towards not a rivalry.

Oh, I agree. That's why I say it could turn into a mini rivalry, but isn't one yet. The enmity between them is definitely a good start. But they need more history vs. each other with the same main players involved.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win for Miami against Houston...didnt see that one coming. Wayne Ellington is not a bad bench SG.....i actually kinda liked his game when he was briefly with the Cavs.

Chicago should be humiliated to lose to the Mavericks IN CHICAGO. Chicago can look like ultimate dog shit at times. IF the Mavs wanted to trade the Cavs Deron Williams or buy him out- i wouldnt complain.

Speaking of dogshit- I see the Nugz are beating up on the Lakers in LA. Nugz have a broad collection of young talent---- Jokic and Nurkic make up a nice young front court, and Mudiay, Murray, Harris, Barton make up a nice diverse collection of back court players. I wish i could see them live a little bit more. Faried and Gallinari are basically the only high salary players this team has and both will be free agents before too long. They have a TON of cap space.

My Ohio State boy DeAngelo Russell needs to check his shot selection a little i think...he is too talented to be shooting under 40% from the field and having such a poor assist-to-turnover ratio. Ingram seems like he is getting more and more PT, and he is starting to show some flashes after being a little concerned early on. I wouldnt say the Lakers should "win" any game- but youd like to see them beat one of their fellow rebuilding teams in their own building- especially after spending so much on free agents in the offseason.

Why do the Twolves perpetually suck?- shouldnt they be showing some improvement with all the young high end talent they have? I realize all those guys are still so young- but a 30 win season shouldnt be much to ask with all the talent they have...they are in line for another top five fucking pick just about....geezus.....lol....I mean cmon guys...at some point they are gonna need to make some moves and bring some stability here. Maybe Lavine, Rubio together just doesnt work- trade one and bring in a defensive player - or shit- i dont know. Ill tell ya- this team is the type of team that could really use a TT type player that just grinds and does nteh dirty work.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's been a player more clutch that Jimmy Butler this season

15803226_1226560090754847_7646461312226033664_n.jpg

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love ESPN headlines to foll those who did not watch the game "Harden impress again with 13th triple double" lol.

Harden played really poorly due to the Heat defense. Attempted a season high 30 shots. Only made 12 of them (40%). Attempted a ridiculous amount of 3's which shows you how great the Heat defense was on him. Half of his shots last night were 3's. Only making 4 of 15 (26%) and oh yea he had 6 turnovers. Pretty crappy game if you ask me.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the number of rings a player has have to do with head to head competition? Kobe, MJ and Lebron have never played each other in the finals.

The ring count is about the number each player has individually and is used as a tiebreaker to separate the all-time greats.

Head to head is about how each others teams have fared against each other. All but 2 of Lebron and KD's head to head games were while KD was with OKC and on teams that weren't as good as Lebron's. Since KD joined a team that is as good as Lebron's, they are 1-1 (although that curbstomping last night should probably count as 1.5 for KD lol).

I agree that LeBron being 14 and 3 is for the most part a useless stat, I just don't like the way you worded it, I also wasn't trying to say it was an end all be all or anything, I was just bringing up the fact, which is interesting, considering they've both been on top teams for a long time.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love ESPN headlines to foll those who did not watch the game "Harden impress again with 13th triple double" lol.

Harden played really poorly due to the Heat defense. Attempted a season high 30 shots. Only made 12 of them (40%). Attempted a ridiculous amount of 3's which shows you how great the Heat defense was on him. Half of his shots last night were 3's. Only making 4 of 15 (26%) and oh yea he had 6 turnovers. Pretty crappy game if you ask me.
They always do this with Harden and Westbrook, triple doubles have become the most overrated accomplishment in the league because of these two.

LeBron on the Heat used to get some shit-tier triple doubles as well, but he was always more efficient, ESPN will gas up a Westbrook triple double in which he shoots 30% and they lose by 10.

Both are great players, but ESPN kind of sucks ass, is my point.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to send @LAD to rough me up.

After a night of liquid therapy, I'm over it.

drink-alcohol.gif

If the Clippers can finish 6th, I think they'll be fine. They were going to play a hard team in round 1 anyway. Only difference is they won't have HCA. Most important thing for them is being healthy to start the playoffs.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Clippers can finish 6th, I think they'll be fine. They were going to be play a hard team in round 1 anyway. Only difference is they won't have HCA. Most important thing for them is being healthy to start the playoffs.

Well, as currently constructed, they are not contenders anyway.

So, it doesn't matter if they finish 3rd or 7th.

They can't finish 8th. The Warriors would destroy them by 30 every game.

The Off-season in Lob City will be very interesting.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Clippers can finish 6th, I think they'll be fine. They were going to play a hard team in round 1 anyway. Only difference is they won't have HCA. Most important thing for them is being healthy to start the playoffs.
Yea, imo they kind of got lucky that Griffen/CP3 got their injuries out of the way early, kind of the opposite of last year.

CP3 was having another ridiculous year, to boot, possibly the most underrated 3 point shooter in the game.

Was averaging .395% from 3, and on almost 6 3pa per game at that, there's a realistic chance that he'll go down as the greatest PG to never win a championship, his numbers match up well with Stocktons.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as currently constructed, they are not contenders anyway.

So, it doesn't matter if they finish 3rd or 7th.

They can't finish 8th. The Warriors would destroy them by 30 every game.

The Off-season in Lob City will be very interesting.

Finishing 8th would be an epic collapse or means Portland/Denver goes on some crazy stretch of winning games. I'm talking 17 of 20 or something along those lines. I actually think they can beat the Spurs in a series. The 6th seed is the easiest path to the WCF IMO.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is currently 9 losses behind the Clippers. Portland is 11 losses behind. Finishing 8th is pretty unlikely unless Blake never comes back or gets injured again for a long time

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 v Stockton

FG% CP3 - 47% JS - 52%
3P FG% CP3 - 37% JS - 38%
FT % CP3 - 87% JS - 83%
RPG CP3 - 4.4 JS - 2.7
APG CP3 - 10 JS - 10.5
PPG CP3 - 18.7 JS - 13.1
SPG CP3 - 2.3 JS - 2.2
PER CP3 - 25.8 JS - 21.8

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think about Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam?

he's been dying to play that role, and quite frankly i think it'll be interesting to see how he does in a DC movie...

'sides, imo dude's one helluva actor. he'll do fine i think...

Status
Not open for further replies.