• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ewwwwww....the East will have decisions to make in the frontcourt.

Gotta think Butler and George are in.

Embiid, Melo, Parker, Drummond, Whiteside, Milsap, Valanciunis, Zingers, Howard * barfs *....gonna be interesting.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Ball's in Lowry's court. I wouldn't pay him $25-$30 mil per year either, but it's a PG driven league. And what do the Raps do without him? They just better hope that they can stay competitive until Lebron's decline starts to hit.
That Conley contract will make it impossible not to pay him.

Dude is putting up 22, 5, 7.

I guess it comes down to how much coming in 2nd place in the conference is worth to them.

Clippers in the same boat.

Actually worse since they will be paying for spots 3-5 :doh:.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess the Hawks really wanted Cedi Osman from the Cavs in the Korver deal but the Cavs said no- and instead insisted the asset being transfered being the 2019 first rounder.

I have herad if the Cavs decide to make another move Osman and McRae are pretty much the only bait they have- though Osman seems ot have value...apparently they have designs on bringing him over next year if they dont trrade him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Conley contract will make it impossible not to pay him.

Dude is putting up 22, 5, 7.

I guess it comes down to how much coming in 2nd place in the conference is worth to them.

Clippers in the same boat.

Actually worse since they will be paying for spots 3-5 :doh:.

Yep you kinda have to give him the money.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron and Durant have played eachother 17 times.

LeBron has won 14- Durant 3.

Do you think LeBron will be walking Durant around the outside of Oracle on a leesh asking him to hurry up and "make potty" so they can get back inside ASAP?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[redacted] moving this comment to the more relevant thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks/Hawks going back and forth. Good stuff

Knicks down 108-107

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Embiid, Melo, Parker, Drummond, Whiteside, Milsap, Valanciunis, Zingers, Howard * barfs *....gonna be interesting.
LeBron, Giannis, Love are starters---- and like you said- gotta think Butler and George will be there....so that prob leaves 2 spots for the rest.

Thats tough.

i think you gotta take 1 of the 2 Hawks...lets say Milsap......and after that it would be hard to choose. You can make cases for a lot of those guys....as much as i dont like it- id prob defer to Melo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need to get rid of that frontcourt garbage and list C on the ballot again

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free preview for NBA League pass. For those of you who don't have it

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo will end up in Cleveland.
the Cavs have nothing to offer. No way they trade Love there- i couldnt imagine a package i would take for Love from the Knicks that does not include Porzingis- and you know they arent trading Porzingis.

So, besides Love- what do the Cavs have?--- Shumpert? Smith? Korver?....McRae and Felder?- i mean, i cant see the Knicks taking that kind of crap unless the situation just got to the point where they WERE FORCED to move him....

honestly- and i know ill get ripped on for this statement- i wouldnt trade Thompson for him. The Cavs NEED Thompson.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs have nothing to offer. No way they trade Love there- i couldnt imagine a package i would take for Love from the Knicks that does not include Porzingis- and you know they arent trading Porzingis.

So, besides Love- what do the Cavs have?--- Shumpert? Smith? Korver?....McRae and Felder?- i mean, i cant see the Knicks taking that kind of crap unless the situation just got to the point where they WERE FORCED to move him....

honestly- and i know ill get ripped on for this statement- i wouldnt trade Thompson for him. The Cavs NEED Thompson.
Pretty sure they are going to have to give him away for free.

He has a no trade clause and won't approve a trade unless it's Cleveland or the Clippers, and Phil Jackson is done with him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure they are going to have to give him away for free.

He has a no trade clause and won't approve a trade unless it's Cleveland or the Clippers, and Phil Jackson is done with him.
you think Jr would be pissed if he was traded back to NY :lol:....no....i know thats not possible.

I dunno....i just dont see it happening...I mean- if the Bulls come to the Knicks with a reasonable offer- you really think Melo would just veto it out of spite and not go to a team where at least with him Butler and Wade you can , at leaset on paper, make a case for them being a team that wins a playoff series and is fairly entertaining- which is about the best you can hope for in the East if you do not have LeBron.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think Jr would be pissed if he was traded back to NY :lol:....no....i know thats not possible.

I dunno....i just dont see it happening...I mean- if the Bulls come to the Knicks with a reasonable offer- you really think Melo would just veto it out of spite and not go to a team where at least with him Butler and Wade you can , at leaset on paper, make a case for them being a team that wins a playoff series and is fairly entertaining- which is about the best you can hope for in the East if you do not have LeBron.
I think he goes to Cleveland.

Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland | Cavaliers Nation

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get rid of that frontcourt garbage and list C on the ballot again
ehh...i kinda like it how it is.

that way you dont get a guy who is not worthy pidgeonholed into the spot over someone who should obviously be in over them. Like this year- you really want to send, like Giannis to the bench just becuase he is not a "center"...

and as an aside

how many good "pure" centers are their even in the league right now that start?

Brook Lopez in Brooklyn
Valunciunas in Toronto
Drummond in Detroit
Turner in Indiana
Howard in Atlanta
Whiteside in Miami
Vucevic in Orlando
Jordan in LA
Chandler in PHX
Bogut in
Gasol in MEM
Gobert in Utah

What about these guys?

Porzingis and Embiid?---- each are 7 footers, but each can shoot a 3 and pass and dribble on the perimeter....guys like these two are a large part of why i think the league changed the rule. Just give it to the guy that deserves it more- versatility is what wins in the NBA more and more- ability to switch everything- dont give a center a bonus just because he cant play multiple positions.

at least this year if it would have been forced upon us Gasol in Memphis would have been worthy. In the East probably not so much. Especially if they made you take 2.....thats a freaking disaster.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...dude as much as i would be entertained by the notion, i just dont see it happening....at least the Clippers could offer Redick and some picks...the Cavs really dont have a first rounder to trade away...their best young players are

and the money thing is huge...right now Dan G is paying like 4.5x1....only way it would work anyway is if they sent out nearly equal salaries....now- you KNOW phil jackson isnt taking back JR after their messy divorce, and i would shit a brick if they dealt Thompson.

If it did happen it would have to be like Thompson and Shumpert- and the Cavs just cant abandon their defense like that.

who knows...maybe the Clips will get lucky- they said he would waive his no trade to go there. Ill guarantee you they would take Griffin or Jordan for Melo in a second.

woudl they take Redick and pieces parts and future picks? ehhh who knows. what do you think @Mecca

Status
Not open for further replies.