• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put: Fuck the Chargers and Fuck Phillip Rivers sidewayz.
They will never be our Team.
Clippers might be the redheaded step child.
But, the Chargers are the drunk, crack addicted, child molesting Uncle by marriage.

I'm surprised LA NFL fans in general care that much. (leftover Raider fans?)

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it -- why would they boo ? Do LA people even care enough to boo ?
The city doesn't want the Chargers, if anything they wanted the Raiders. Trying to show off the "new" team that the fans don't care about isn't gonna bring a positive reaction.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, the Chargers are the drunk, crack addicted, child molesting Uncle by marriage.
Hey, no need to attack Rivers. He is one of many former/current players who is upset with the move and wants the team still in SD. The ownership deserves a big "Fuck you" though.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, no need to attack Rivers. He is one of many former/current players who is upset with the move and wants the team still in SD. The ownership deserves a big "Fuck you" though.

Oh, no.....I just don't like him.

I was Team Breeze and cheered my ass off when he won the Super Bowl.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no.....I just don't like him.

I was Team Breeze and cheered my ass off when he won the Super Bowl.
I guess I can't fault you for disliking him before this move, even if I'm a fan. I don't really blame the Chargers for choosing Rivers and he's been good, no guarantee Brees wins the SB with SD.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's just a really sleezy situation....imo

Not Art Modell slimmy.

But, shifty all the same.

Plus, yeah.....they are Interstate rivals for some.

This is not UCLA vs. USC.

This would be like rooting for the Stanford Cardinals if they moved to Westwood.

Just......no.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I can't fault you for disliking him before this move, even if I'm a fan. I don't really blame the Chargers for choosing Rivers and he's been good, no guarantee Brees wins the SB with SD.

Yeah, I agree.

Drew was in the right place at the right time.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a really sleezy situation....imo

Not Art Modell slimmy.

But, shifty all the same.

Plus, yeah.....they are Interstate rivals for some.

This is not UCLA vs. USC.

This would be like rooting for the Stanford Cardinals if they moved to Westwood.

Just......no.
There was no good reason to make the move except for Deano thinking there would be more money in LA. He's learning that the people don't want his team, only way I can see that changing is if the team is a SB contender and bandwagon fans jump on board.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spanos is a moron. Better to stay in a city that loves your team, but hates you, than to move to a city that doesn't care about you or your team and really doesn't even want you.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The perception that LA fans don't care is incorrect. LA fans do care. The difference between LA fans and fans in other parts of the country is that LA fans won't pay good money to watch a bad team lose. There are waaaaay too many other things to do than waste money on a bad team.

The only LA teams that seem immune to this are the Dodgers and to a little bit lesser extent, the Lakers. The Dodgers could field a bad minor league team and would still draw 3 million.

I think the fact that there are so many transplants in LA also feeds the perception that LA fans don't care. People move here, but continue to be fans of their hometown team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The city doesn't want the Chargers, if anything they wanted the Raiders. Trying to show off the "new" team that the fans don't care about isn't gonna bring a positive reaction.

Especially when the new logo looks like a unicorn fucking the letter A on top of a Dodgers hat.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The perception that LA fans don't care is incorrect. LA fans do care. The difference between LA fans and fans in other parts of the country is that LA fans won't pay good money to watch a bad team lose. There are waaaaay too many other things to do than waste money on a bad team.

The only LA teams that seem immune to this are the Dodgers and to a little bit lesser extent, the Lakers. The Dodgers could field a bad minor league team and would still draw 3 million.

I think the fact that there are so many transplants in LA also feeds the perception that LA fans don't care. People move here, but continue to be fans of their hometown team.

You could say the same thing with Miami fans; the cultures are damn near similar. The Heat/Phins usually get away with it because South Florida's a football town. The Heat's numbers have gone down a bit if I'm not mistaken, but generally the stadium fills out because the Heat have afforded that opportunity given that they're usually winning. The Phins because it's football, but even then you'll see a half empty stadium every now and then.

The Marlins though, no one will ever go to their games. Fans know what ownership is trying to do and they're done with them.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney Hood went down tonight with a nasty looking knee injury. Right now they are saying is a hyperextended knee but more tests will be ran tomorrow.

This could really hamper Utah's season if he's out for an extended period of time. They just have gotten everyone healthy over the last couple of weeks and have been playing very well, looking like a team that could go deep into the playoffs

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney Hood went down tonight with a nasty looking knee injury. Right now they are saying is a hyperextended knee but more tests will be ran tomorrow.

This could really hamper Utah's season if he's out for an extended period of time. They just have gotten everyone healthy over the last couple of weeks and have been playing very well, looking like a team that could go deep into the playoffs
Well let's hope a hyperextension is all it is. It didn't look good.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say the same thing with Miami fans; the cultures are damn near similar. The Heat/Phins usually get away with it because South Florida's a football town. The Heat's numbers have gone down a bit if I'm not mistaken, but generally the stadium fills out because the Heat have afforded that opportunity given that they're usually winning. The Phins because it's football, but even then you'll see a half empty stadium every now and then.

The Marlins though, no one will ever go to their games. Fans know what ownership is trying to do and they're done with them.

Agree. In pretty much any city/area that offers a lot of other diversions, whether it be mountains, beaches, amusement parks, etc., etc. fans are going to choose other options when the team isn't any good.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better to bring this up when Curry re-ups with his $200 mil contract.

Pretty funny watching Wade sit out back to backs.
Guy wanted a lot of money for a player who has been in this situation for years.

I could even see it if they had a decent record, but as is, they might not even make the playoffs.

If thats the case, then I'm not sure what he's resting for.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty funny watching Wade sit out back to backs.
Guy wanted a lot of money for a player who has been in this situation for years.

I could even see it if they had a decent record, but as is, they might not even make the playoffs.

If thats the case, then I'm not sure what he's resting for.

He's sitting out again?

Status
Not open for further replies.