• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...dude as much as i would be entertained by the notion, i just dont see it happening....at least the Clippers could offer Redick and some picks...the Cavs really dont have a first rounder to trade away...their best young players are

and the money thing is huge...right now Dan G is paying like 4.5x1....only way it would work anyway is if they sent out nearly equal salaries....now- you KNOW phil jackson isnt taking back JR after their messy divorce, and i would shit a brick if they dealt Thompson.

If it did happen it would have to be like Thompson and Shumpert- and the Cavs just cant abandon their defense like that.

who knows...maybe the Clips will get lucky- they said he would waive his no trade to go there. Ill guarantee you they would take Griffin or Jordan for Melo in a second.

woudl they take Redick and pieces parts and future picks? ehhh who knows. what do you think @Mecca

Redick, Brice Johnson a 2000 and who the fuck knows 1st rounder and either Crawford or Rivers.

I would be okay with that because I don't think Doc will pay JJ.

He's gonna want Bazemore money.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm probably the only person here watching the Celtics, but it's been a good game against the Hornets so far.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 pts in the first 5 mins of the 4th quarter for IT.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they turn their trucks around and return to SD, no. I choose not to root for LA teams. I might take a year or two off from the NFL, not sure who to root for next if I pick a team at all.

I know how you feel. I was a die-hard Rams fan from the time I was 8 years old, until that snake eating bitch from hell took them to St. Louis.

The Seahawks were already my 2nd favorite team because they hired my all time favorite Rams coach (Chuck Knox) and I loved Jim Zorn and Steve Largent, so the transition was fairly easy.

When they came back to LA, the first thing my friends all asked me was "Are you going to be a Rams fans again?" Told them: "Fuck no."

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is coming from Phil, and it's highly possible considering the writer is his personal friend, he's a dick.

Sit the guy down and tell him you think it's time to move on.

Don't do this kindergarten psychology to try and manipulate him into demanding to leave.

Phil is already the bad guy here. So, man up, do your fucking job and trade him for the betterment of the Team if that is what you believe needs to happen.

The more I see of Phil in New York, the more I'm glad the Lakers didn't bring him back.

The NBA is not a part time/work from home job.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Derozan is the only guard in the East that would have a legitimate gripe about not starting next to Kyrie.

Isiah is having a great year too. But, Derozan and Kyrie are having better, individual and Team, success...imo

But, I really hope Kemba sneaks in.

I think it will be Thomas and crying ass Wall.

Not sure about Wade or Lowry.

The West will be interesting.

Westbrook should be a starter. But, Curry and the Warriors are juggernauts.

Harden, Curry, Westbrook are in......

Who doesn't make it between Dame, Cp3, Klay, CJ, Conley, Lavine, Booker?

I think Klay gets in because they can't have 6 pg's can they?...lol

Leanord, Davis, Durant will start.

Who gets snubbed between Hayward, Draymond, Deandre, Aldridge, M Gasol, Kat, Wiggins?

Boogie will make it.

Hayward should too.

Swaggy P fer all-starz!! :yes:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron and Durant have played eachother 17 times.

LeBron has won 14- Durant 3.

Do you think LeBron will be walking Durant around the outside of Oracle on a leesh asking him to hurry up and "make potty" so they can get back inside ASAP?

113-77 Warriors with 6 minutes left in the 4th.

I'm gonna go with no.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs GM David Griffin: 'Shame on us' if we don't maximize LeBron James' legacy

This was really interesting from Griffin- and i think goes to show you one of the reasons why he came back to the Cavs - who really understood the urgency of LeBron better than his predecessor team:

Griffin discussed how high the stakes are:

"I had about eight seconds of bliss and then several days of sheer terror," Griffin told The Vertical of James' arrival in the summer of 2014, "because it was, 'Oh, thank God, he's coming,' to 'Oh, my God, how do we win a championship?' "

"I've said this several times since, but you're basically charged with the legacy of Babe Ruth, and it's our responsibility to allow that legacy to grow and evolve," Griffin told The Vertical. "So it's almost like a sacred trust that the kid gives you. He's so good, in his own right, by himself, that he sort of mandates you have to be a title contender just by his presence alone ... and if you don't capitalize on the years he has left, then shame on us."

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know how you feel. I was a die-hard Rams fan from the time I was 8 years old, until that snake eating bitch from hell took them to St. Louis.

The Seahawks were already my 2nd favorite team because they hired my all time favorite Rams coach (Chuck Knox) and I loved Jim Zorn and Steve Largent, so the transition was fairly easy.

When they came back to LA, the first thing my friends all asked me was "Are you going to be a Rams fans again?" Told them: "Fuck no."
I'd probably root for the Chargers again if they moved back, depending on how invested I've become in another team. That said it won't happen because the NFL is stupid.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs GM David Griffin: 'Shame on us' if we don't maximize LeBron James' legacy

This was really interesting from Griffin- and i think goes to show you one of the reasons why he came back to the Cavs - who really understood the urgency of LeBron better than his predecessor team:

Griffin discussed how high the stakes are:

"I had about eight seconds of bliss and then several days of sheer terror," Griffin told The Vertical of James' arrival in the summer of 2014, "because it was, 'Oh, thank God, he's coming,' to 'Oh, my God, how do we win a championship?' "

"I've said this several times since, but you're basically charged with the legacy of Babe Ruth, and it's our responsibility to allow that legacy to grow and evolve," Griffin told The Vertical. "So it's almost like a sacred trust that the kid gives you. He's so good, in his own right, by himself, that he sort of mandates you have to be a title contender just by his presence alone ... and if you don't capitalize on the years he has left, then shame on us."

You act like he wasn't in the Finals ( wth 2 wins) in the 4 seasons he was here.
Everything being said there was also in place before they ( previous group) failed which caused James to leave.
Funny thing is, with the state of the East as it's been for years now, just having a healthy James almost guaranteed success.
The only way he or the Cavs maximize his legacy is to win titles, not to just play for the them.
It's gonna be fun to see what moves are made at/after the trade deadline.
As far as basketball, June can't get here fast enough for me.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do y'all think will happen before the trade deadline? The biggest trade you think?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 18,918.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Wiggy and the other Cav homers around? They got their shit pushed in.....no lube.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably root for the Chargers again if they moved back, depending on how invested I've become in another team. That said it won't happen because the NFL is stupid.

Chargers not being in San Diego is just wrong. When I was a kid, my Dad was going to school and working at UC Irvine. We lived in the family apartments there and the Chargers used to hold summer camp there. During the summers, I was there everyday. Met Johnny Unitas and Deacon Jones (my all time favorite Ram) who both finished their careers with the Chargers.

Deacon Jones let me wear his helmet while he taught me his "head slap" that he was famous for until it was made illegal.

You'd think I'd have been a Chargers fan with all that, but I was already a Rams fan by the time we moved there.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers not being in San Diego is just wrong. When I was a kid, my Dad was going to school and working at UC Irvine. We lived in the family apartments there and the Chargers used to hold summer camp there. During the summers, I was there everyday. Met Johnny Unitas and Deacon Jones (my all time favorite Ram) who both finished their careers with the Chargers.

Deacon Jones let me wear his helmet while he taught me his "head slap" that he was famous for until it was made illegal.

You'd think I'd have been a Chargers fan with all that, but I was already a Rams fan by the time we moved there.
Sounds like an awesome experience, wish I had something like that with the Chargers. Growing up in norcal it would have made sense to root for the 9ers or Raiders(happy that didn't happen) but with my parents having lived in SD rooting for the Chargers it made sense. The Chargers have been SD's team forever it feels like, they just go together. Idk if I'll be able to watch a game of theirs as the LA Chargers, it'll be tough enough to watch any NFL games next season. I'm hoping this move blows up in Spanos' face, he deserves it. Either that or somebody agrees to buy the team from him and move back.

Status
Not open for further replies.