• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't the first superstar to struggle playing in those places and won't be the last.

Yep. Add Denver to the list as well. Another place a lot of players/teams struggle at

I think its more the scheduling in general, then the city....plus every other team has games like the Cavs, Warriors circled on their schedule.

We lived and learned it when James was here.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics announce that Avery Bradley, James Young, and Tyler Zeller are not traveling with the team and are out for Friday's game in Atlanta. That means Amir Johnson and Jaylen Brown are traveling and have chance to play.

@Vyle203 I had no idea that Amir Johnson fell out of the rotation.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rsz_jae_crowder_and_john_wall_come_to_blows_after_final_buzzer___youtube-300x169.png

Boop!

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics announce that Avery Bradley, James Young, and Tyler Zeller are not traveling with the team and are out for Friday's game in Atlanta. That means Amir Johnson and Jaylen Brown are traveling and have chance to play.

@Vyle203 I had no idea that Amir Johnson fell out of the rotation.
Amir didn't fall out. He hurt himself towards the end of the Raptors game, and was still hurting yesterday. He was seen limping pretty bad in the locker room after the Toronto game.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Denver dropped 140 on Indiana in London. Looks like everybody showed up. Did anybody watch it?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Denver dropped 140 on Indiana in London. Looks like everybody showed up. Did anybody watch it?

Nope. I was @ the hospital getting a lower back injection.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs are playing the Suns in Mexico City tonight?

Also known as.....

How to Make Mexico Hate the NBA in Less Than 3 Hours

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its more the scheduling in general, then the city....plus every other team has games like the Cavs, Warriors circled on their schedule.

We lived and learned it when James was here.
its all true- but part of it also is the ball has stopped moving of late...their turnovers are way up and their assists are way down over the last few games.

Kyrie was really getting a ton of assists and making a ton of plays for other guys in December when he averaged a career high in assists for a month.....he has def. not played that great since coming back from the minor hamstring injury he has had.

Shumpert was playing great ball to start the season and has slumped the last couple weeks.

Love over the last few games hasnt played great...LeBron is turning the ball over quite a bit lately....

it looks like they are just not playing that good of ball right now- combine that with some injuries- and the trade- and a West coast trip- and it looks like they are going to come back towards Toronto record-wise in the East by the end of this trip unless they really get things going.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay Thompson calls Cavaliers’ Halloween antics “childish,” Warriors may use it as motivation

When Cavaliers’ players showed up to LeBron James‘ Halloween party, they had to step over a Stephen Curry dummy to get in the door. There were other digs at the Warriors throughout the home, including a 3-1 lead drum that rubbed some Warriors the wrong way.

What the Warriors needed to do about that was answer back on the court. Instead they blew a lead on Christmas Day and ended up falling to the Cavaliers on national television. The Warriors let the same narrative live.

Klay Thompson recently went on the A to Z Podcast with Sam Amick and Jeff Zillgitt of the USA Today, and he called the Halloween party moves “childish” but said maybe they need to use that as motivation.

“It’s obviously not respectful, so it’s got to be on the other side of the spectrum, so that’s fine with us. They can do that childish stuff. It doesn’t matter to us. All we’ve got to do is handle it on the court, you know?

“No, it didn’t (come up on the court in the Christmas Day game). But shoot, it might have (to). I mean, I still think we need to play with more of an edge next time we see them … I mean when we won the championship, though, we didn’t do some stuff like that. But that’s OK. People are built differently. We’re not going to – I’m not going to hold it against them. I’m just going to go out there, and we just want to beat them down next time we see them. That’s how it is. Hold that in the memory bank, and just remember that they do that stuff…It’s a good rivalry, and it’s good for the NBA. It makes it more fun, you know? It’s rare in pro sports you get rivalries like this, so we enjoy it, and we embrace it.”

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

Can you believe my good for nothing offspring had the AUDACITY to want to get picked up from school during the game just because of a few sprinkles?

DrivingRain.gif

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Can you believe my good for nothing offspring had the AUDACITY to want to get picked up from school during the game just because of a few sprinkles?

DrivingRain.gif
And you picked them up because you're such a good mommy. :nod:

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

DrivingRain.gif

30550314f044d524962bfa95df8d92716d1b0fe65ee74f20c49e3cc5d086b972.jpg

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay Thompson calls Cavaliers’ Halloween antics “childish,” Warriors may use it as motivation

When Cavaliers’ players showed up to LeBron James‘ Halloween party, they had to step over a Stephen Curry dummy to get in the door. There were other digs at the Warriors throughout the home, including a 3-1 lead drum that rubbed some Warriors the wrong way.

What the Warriors needed to do about that was answer back on the court. Instead they blew a lead on Christmas Day and ended up falling to the Cavaliers on national television. The Warriors let the same narrative live.

Klay Thompson recently went on the A to Z Podcast with Sam Amick and Jeff Zillgitt of the USA Today, and he called the Halloween party moves “childish” but said maybe they need to use that as motivation.

“It’s obviously not respectful, so it’s got to be on the other side of the spectrum, so that’s fine with us. They can do that childish stuff. It doesn’t matter to us. All we’ve got to do is handle it on the court, you know?

No, it didn’t (come up on the court in the Christmas Day game). But shoot, it might have (to). I mean, I still think we need to play with more of an edge next time we see them … I mean when we won the championship, though, we didn’t do some stuff like that. But that’s OK. People are built differently. We’re not going to – I’m not going to hold it against them. I’m just going to go out there, and we just want to beat them down next time we see them. That’s how it is. Hold that in the memory bank, and just remember that they do that stuff…It’s a good rivalry, and it’s good for the NBA. It makes it more fun, you know? It’s rare in pro sports you get rivalries like this, so we enjoy it, and we embrace it.”

Not an attack at you Wiggy.

But what the fuck? Man, this team made a historic comeback to win the title against you and clowned you all offseason and takes any jab they can get on you. I'd want to take a cheap shot on Lebron/Kyrie/anyone on the Cavs who drives down the load. The fuck out of here with we need to start playing with an edge.

How about you quit show boating and put teams away when you have them down double digits?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to get real ugly if the Warriors win the title. I agree with klay about it being childish

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Halloween party was cool and all but the last part about steph which was reported was last month was over the top imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.