• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he did copy LeBron, though, right? Writing an article and posting it. He was just smart enough to copy the method that went over well and not the method that made people want to stab LeBron in the eye.

I do agree though. Durant seems to hate the media, so I doubt he would've even listened to the proposal from ESPN.
well durant is just fake- hes the guy that took care not ot get tatoos anywhere but under his uniform- he was the guy that tried to manage this squeaky-clean AWWW SHUCKS Campbells soup with my mom down on the homefront in OKC image---- that was just fake the whole entire time.

Durant is mentally weak- its why he is where he is - both in terms of his team- and where he is at in his career.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The party thrown by the Heat was dumb (only because it was nationally televized. If they would've shut out the media and kept it as an internal thing for the season ticket holders, it would've been fine).

Not telling the Cavs beforehand was dumb (though likely an important stipulation made by ESPN to keep the information from leaking).

But forcing ESPN to donate all of the money that they stood to gain from the biggest sports news of the year to disadvantaged children? That's a fucking awesome move.
oh yah- LeBron has without a doubt- done some dumb stuff--- but considering all the scrutiny, all the media coverage- being considered "The Chosen One" at age 17......$90 million dollar shoe contract before he even hits the league....etc. etc. etc.

when you look at the big picture its impossible to say that LeBron has handled his business with anything but overwhelming class and intelligence- but for a few dumb incidents- such as "the decision".

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I've learned by now that you're incapable of that.

Yeah, heaven forbid anyone should criticize Lebron. I mean, my God, why can't everyone just agree that he's the greatest human that ever walked the earth.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, my God, why can't everyone just agree that he's the greatest human that ever walked the earth.
giphy.gif

Reactions: TJL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he did copy LeBron, though, right? Writing an article and posting it. He was just smart enough to copy the method that went over well and not the method that made people want to stab LeBron in the eye.

I do agree though. Durant seems to hate the media, so I doubt he would've even listened to the proposal from ESPN.

No, actually he didn't copy Lebron. He didn't orchestrate superstars getting together on 1 team and he didn't dump his team on national tv. That's largely why he didn't catch the shit Lebron did, even though he did catch some (mostly from Lebroniacs trying to make Lebron look better).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not having difficulty grasping anything. I was just trying to be nice and let you have your uninformed, didn't-watch-the-game-or-read-the-article-I'm-defending opinion on the matter. :D

I did read the article. What quote have I attributed to Lebron that he didn't make? I'll wait while you either find that quote or apologize for claiming I said something I didn't.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, actually he didn't copy Lebron. He didn't orchestrate superstars getting together on 1 team and he didn't dump his team on national tv. That's largely why he didn't catch the shit Lebron did, even though he did catch some (mostly from Lebroniacs trying to make Lebron look better).

I was talking about copying his method of announcement, which was writing his own article.

And if you really think that the only one's giving KD shit for going to the Warriors are LeBroniacs... then this forum is really keeping you sheltered from the real world.

I know that this forum is all lovey-dovey with the Warriors... but trust me when I say that is NOT the current state of nba fandom.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah- LeBron has without a doubt- done some dumb stuff--- but considering all the scrutiny, all the media coverage- being considered "The Chosen One" at age 17......$90 million dollar shoe contract before he even hits the league....etc. etc. etc.

when you look at the big picture its impossible to say that LeBron has handled his business with anything but overwhelming class and intelligence- but for a few dumb incidents- such as "the decision".

I agree with most of this. Lebron has made some very smart business decisions and he's done/said some really stupid things and gotten bashed for them. That's what happens when you're the best player in the league.

I've bashed Lebron plenty for the stupid shit he's done and said, said that he needs to learn when to stfu (which isn't bad advice for anyone) and have always praised him for being the best player in the game whether I like him or not.

Heck, I was excited that he allowed the Lakers to make an offer during his free agency even though I knew he wasn't coming. Just because he's the best player in the world.

Last edited:

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, heaven forbid anyone should criticize Lebron. I mean, my God, why can't everyone just agree that he's the greatest human that ever walked the earth.
As far as high profile athletes go, there's not many better, tbh.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about copying his method of announcement, which was writing his own article.

And if you really think that the only one's giving KD shit for going to the Warriors are LeBroniacs... then this forum is really keeping you sheltered from the real world.

I know that this forum is all lovey-dovey with the Warriors... but trust me when I say that is NOT the current state of nba fandom.

That wasn't Lebron's method of announcement. At least not when hw went to Miami. You do understand what the word "mostly" means, right?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as high profile athletes go, there's not many better, tbh.

I agree. Dude is hands down the best player and he does a lot for his community. He just needs to stfu sometimes. Most of these guys do. He just catches the most crap because he's the top dog.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't Lebron's method of announcement. At least not when hw went to Miami. You do understand what the word "mostly" means, right?
Yeah, I still don't think its anywhere close to mostly. If anything, I think LeBron fans don't blame him for making the move, because... I mean, how can we? That would be quite hypocritical.

I was obviously talking about KD copying his announcement when he went to CLE.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we're at an impasse.

If you really think that that article paints an accurate picture of everything and that anyone who dares to suggest otherwise is clearly a LeBron lover crying... well, that's cool. You do you man.

Being the best player in the world has its drawbacks.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't copy Lebron.

If Lebron had left Cleveland to go to San Antonio after the Cavs got their butt kicked in the finals -- that would have been similar to what KD did later.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1

Fuck him just the same.
Agreed, as a player he can eat shit and live, fuck him for leaving the Heat, but I'll never disparage him over being pissed at the refs or as a person, you'll never hear anyone that knows him say a bad thing about him.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, as a player he can eat shit and live, fuck him for leaving the Heat, but I'll never disparage him over being pissed at the refs or as a person, you'll never hear anyone that knows him say a bad thing about him.
Lebron James the husband, father, and certainly friend seem to be top notch.

LeBron the NBA star/celebrity persona seems fake as hell to me. Dude tries way too hard imo.

Reactions: LAD
Status
Not open for further replies.