• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah- LeBron has without a doubt- done some dumb stuff--- but considering all the scrutiny, all the media coverage- being considered "The Chosen One" at age 17......$90 million dollar shoe contract before he even hits the league....etc. etc. etc.

when you look at the big picture its impossible to say that LeBron has handled his business with anything but overwhelming class and intelligence- but for a few dumb incidents- such as "the decision".

Yes -- the worst PR move ever in Sports -- "The Decision".

(one honorable mention ... "Terrell has 25 million reasons why he should be alive.")

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron James the husband, father, and certainly friend seem to be top notch.

LeBron the NBA star/celebrity persona seems fake as hell to me. Dude tries way too hard imo.

What's wrong with that?

Reminds me of people that shit on the wrestler John Cena for being too vanilla and fake

He's trying to be a role model to kids, try hard and be a fake good person all you want, that shit isn't for us, that's for kids that want to grow up and play this game, imo at least.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with that?

Reminds me of people that shit on the wrestler John Cena for being too vanilla and fake

He's trying to be a role model to kids, try hard and be a fake good person all you want, that shit isn't for us, that's for kids that want to grow up and play this game, imo at least.
I just mean he seems fake in interviews, some of his antics during games etc. It seems forced, and frankly hard to watch.

Reactions: TJL

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night is a perfect example of what a dominant center can do to the Dubs. I expect Drummond to do the same on Thursday.
Now only if that dominance could produce a win....

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic ESPN headline.

LeBron has had his best year - imo - at not reacting to refs and whining for calls. Last night he picked up only his second tech of the year after a no call.

A reporter asked him if the tech was a result of a frustration with the officiating (well duh) and LeBron said "It is. But I know what the main thing is and that is to win".

Then, his teammates and coach talk at length about he doesn't get calls. And somehow we end up with that headline and 3 crying LeBron emojis.

Honestly, he gets away with way more than any other star in this league. He should never complain about the refs.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so now he's complaining about the refs....but when they cheat in his favor he has nothing to say.

You're a Warriors fan

green.jpg

I wonder if Draymond complained to them after this?

mWdGxCc.jpg

Shut the fuck up, is my point.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want LeBron to lie and say that the tech had nothing to do with being frustrated with the officiating, even though the whole world knows he got the tech cause he was frustrated with the officiating.

If he said that, you and bk would be on here laughing at him for saying that.

Of course there are times when LeBron says dumb shit and has no one to blame but himself. This is not one of those times.
No we want him to play the game & realize that he does foul & should be called for them. It would also be good if he could reflect on the many times he's gotten away with fouls/techs before he starts talking about frustrations regarding calls.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we want him to play the game & realize that he does foul & should be called for them. It would also be good if he could reflect on the many times he's gotten away with fouls/techs before he starts talking about frustrations regarding calls.

I'm sure he reflects every night before bed on the fact that Lad, the bandwagon fan from Sportshoopla, wants him to play the game the way she wants him to play.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I think the headline would be more along the lines of... "Lebron claims tech had nothing to do with the no-call that occurred seconds before he yelled at ref"
Could be true- but then we'd all be here talking about that idiot instead of LBJ. :D

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, you hate on LeBron, yet I'm sure you were always first in line to defend that degenerate rapist Kobe, huh?
:pop2:

Reactions: TJL

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're talking about the hour long special, that thing raised a ton of money for the Boys & Girls club, everyone seems to forget that. As someone who used to volunteer and has donated money to the Boys & Girls club and to reviving baseball in Inner Cities, I really hate the fact that people are still butt hurt over that.
Great, so being passive aggressive is the lesson here. SMH.

Why would he need to nationally dump his old team/fans on TV in order to donate money to the boys & girls club when he's loaded with money? THAT'S what most people struggle to understand.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, so being passive aggressive is the lesson here. SMH.

Why would he need to nationally dump his old team/fans on TV in order to donate money to the boys & girls club when he's loaded with money? THAT'S what most people struggle to understand.

I understood the scrutiny at the beginning, when it initially occurred., I don't understand the scrutiny still, it's time to get over it.

If we're going to compare it to being dumped, then what people are doing by still being pissed about it is being a jealous scorned ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.