• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DCp4s7Z1FizZe.gif

Yeah, I think I like you too....lol

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to go all of 2017 without saying a bad word about Kobe and now here we are, see what you've done?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I think the headline would be more along the lines of... "Lebron claims tech had nothing to do with the no-call that occurred seconds before he yelled at ref"

Doubtful that there would be a headline. Him saying "it wasn't the refs" wouldn't be news. Unless, of course, you think it would be news because he didn't blame the refs for a change? :noidea:

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful that there would be a headline. Him saying "it wasn't the refs" wouldn't be news. Unless, of course, you think it would be news because he didn't blame the refs for a change? :noidea:

Just pull a Kobe and call the ref a fucking faggot

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could only imagine what it would be like if the internet was more popular during the Jordan era.

"Oh My god, what a team killer!!!! he was out until 6 am in vegas gambling before a big game?!!!! errrrr merrrrrr gawwwwwwwddddddddddddddddd, I can't believe this arrogant asshole smokes cigars after gamesssssss, I hate my life so much, ahhhhh"

I don't even want to think about what headlines would have been like with MJ and the shit he used to do, or Kobe early in his career. Or for that matter, what used to go on in The Forum Club after games during the Showtime Lakers days. :shocked:

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even want to think about what headlines would have been like with MJ and the shit he used to do, or Kobe early in his career. Or for that matter, what used to go on in The Forum Club after games during the Showtime Lakers days. :shocked:

I like you

awkward-hugs-ron-swanson.gif

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then we're at an impasse.

If you really think that that article paints an accurate picture of everything and that anyone who dares to suggest otherwise is clearly a LeBron lover crying... well, that's cool. You do you man.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, you hate on LeBron, yet I'm sure you were always first in line to defend that degenerate rapist Kobe, huh?

Apparently reading and comprehension aren't your thing. I posted:

Lots of guys are great guys off the court, give lot of money to charity and are still assholes on the court. Kobe comes to mind as this type of person. He has done all kinds of charitable work all over LA and even worldwide that never gets publicized. He was still an asshole and a pain is the ass as a teammate.

The difference is Lakers fans just shrug and say, "Yep, he's an asshole, but we'd be 5 titles lighter without him."

I have never liked a lot of the shit Kobe has done and said and don't defend it.

Typical Lebroniac response though, anyone who criticizes him is "just a hater."

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the new guy. :D We could definitely use a little more balance around here.
no doubt about it.

Its just crazy with LeBron--- he is just on another level than Durant is- I obviously think its misplaced--- but when you have a guy like LeBron- who is without a doubt a top 5 player of all time and is already likely the 2nd best player of all time- certain people just arent gonna like him- its inevitable- especially fans of certain teams who believe it is their birth right to have a winning team year after year---- then you see this guy- who has been coveted by every team in the league- every big market--- goes back to his hometown of Cleveland----- not only that--- but then he WINS, but not only that - he does it with the biggest payroll in the HISTORY of the NBA. And he does it HIS WAY- by empowering his friends and business partners, by breaking the mold and having and taking control of his career in a way that we have not seen before.....there is going to be a LOT of bitterness....despite all that- the guy has FOR the most part (of course he has made mistakes- everyone does) but for the MOST part- he has been absolutely outstanding- he is a GREAT teammate, has never gotten in trouble- rises to the occasion and gives us performances like last years Finals that will be rememebred for ever.

The classic quote "If everyone likes you- you are doing something wrong" applies to LeBron....and i love it that way...fuck the haters and have them ready to eat a couple more big ole shit sandwiches for the foreseeable future when they will be FORCEDd to watch The King play in hte NBA Finals for a 7th straight time in a few months.....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Kudos for that I guess... but I mean, come on.... doing that after seeing the backlash LeBron got would've been about a million times stupider than doing it in the first place.

The difference is, I seriously doubt that KD would have done that in the first place. Doesn't really seem to be his style.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently reading and comprehension aren't your thing. I posted:

I have never liked a lot of the shit Kobe has done and said and don't defend it.

Typical Lebroniac response though, anyone who criticizes him is "just a hater."

Translation :

acbPVF4.gif

My response :

tumblr_m0r81nEkVG1qfoebs.gif

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, just to add, I do not like LeBron, he left my team high and dry, he's welcome back though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we're at an impasse.

If you really think that that article paints an accurate picture of everything and that anyone who dares to suggest otherwise is clearly a LeBron lover crying... well, that's cool. You do you man.

Not sure what's so difficult to grasp.:noidea:

Lebron was asked if the tech was because he was frustrated with the refs...he said it was. That opened the door for himself, his teammates and his coaches to be asked about it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is, I seriously doubt that KD would have done that in the first place. Doesn't really seem to be his style.

Well, he did copy LeBron, though, right? Writing an article and posting it. He was just smart enough to copy the method that went over well and not the method that made people want to stab LeBron in the eye.

I do agree though. Durant seems to hate the media, so I doubt he would've even listened to the proposal from ESPN.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what's so difficult to grasp.:noidea:

Lebron was asked if the tech was because he was frustrated with the refs...he said it was. That opened the door for himself, his teammates and his coaches to be asked about it.

I'm not having difficulty grasping anything. I was just trying to be nice and let you have your uninformed, didn't-watch-the-game-or-read-the-article-I'm-defending opinion on the matter. :D

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're talking about the hour long special, that thing raised a ton of money for the Boys & Girls club, everyone seems to forget that. As someone who used to volunteer and has donated money to the Boys & Girls club and to reviving baseball in Inner Cities, I really hate the fact that people are still butt hurt over that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're talking about the hour long special, that thing raised a ton of money for the Boys & Girls club, everyone seems to forget that. As someone who used to volunteer and has donated money to the Boys & Girls club and to reviving baseball in Inner Cities, I really hate the fact that people are still butt hurt over that.

Agreed. The party thrown by the Heat was dumb (only because it was nationally televized. If they would've shut out the media and kept it as an internal thing for the season ticket holders, it would've been fine).

Not telling the Cavs beforehand was dumb (though likely an important stipulation made by ESPN to keep the information from leaking).

But forcing ESPN to donate all of the money that they stood to gain from the biggest sports news of the year to disadvantaged children? That's a fucking awesome move.

Status
Not open for further replies.