• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm new - and am hoping I can learn something about the NBA teams and players from you experts so I can climb the leaderboards in my FireFan league :) I did okay - #2 - in the NFL league but I don't know nothing about basketball :( Hoping you guys will help me out!!!!

Do you like Gladiator movies?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night is a perfect example of what a dominant center can do to the Dubs. I expect Drummond to do the same on Thursday.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ free throw numbers been down for several years now because he does not attack as frequently as he used to. He shoot more jumpshots now than he did early in his career.

He has not avg more than 8 free throws per game since 2011-2012. I'm sure the refs been against him for the last 5 years now lol.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like both Cleveland and Portland had difficulties getting to Portland for the game tonight.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another compliment for Whiteside from an opposing coach

Reactions: LAD

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Classic ESPN headline.

LeBron has had his best year - imo - at not reacting to refs and whining for calls. Last night he picked up only his second tech of the year after a no call.

A reporter asked him if the tech was a result of a frustration with the officiating (well duh) and LeBron said "It is. But I know what the main thing is and that is to win".

Then, his teammates and coach talk at length about he doesn't get calls. And somehow we end up with that headline and 3 crying LeBron emojis.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs were trying to force Korver WAY too much last night.

Whenever Korver was in, it was a game of who can throw the most passes to Korver even though he has a defender right on him and other players are wide open. Its no coincidence that both of the Jazz big runs came when Korver was on the floor and that the comeback came when he wasn't.

That said, credit to the Jazz for playing outstanding defense and credit to Hayward. I don't know how consistently they play like that, cause I rarely see them play... but they look like a serious playoff threat to any team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the world of cautiously optimistic news... JR's baby is 8 days old now and reporting "doing well".

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic ESPN headline.

LeBron has had his best year - imo - at not reacting to refs and whining for calls. Last night he picked up only his second tech of the year after a no call.

A reporter asked him if the tech was a result of a frustration with the officiating (well duh) and LeBron said "It is. But I know what the main thing is and that is to win".

Then, his teammates and coach talk at length about he doesn't get calls. And somehow we end up with that headline and 3 crying LeBron emojis.

Let's make it 4. :sadbron: One more for the Cavs fans who think everyone is so mean to poor little Bron Bron.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's make it 4. :sadbron: One more the Cavs fans who think everyone is so mean to poor little Bron Bron.

LOL. Ok, I guess if the lebron faces are representing Ty Lue and RJ rather than LeBron, then I can get on board with that.

Although, as his teammate and coach, they are answering the reporters' questions perfectly in my opinion. In the locker room and on the bench is the place to tell a guy to stop worry about the officiating (which Lue did do on the bench last night). In front of the microphone is the place to back him up.

I don't give a shit about people being mean to LeBron. But I do care about honest journalism.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Ok, I guess if the lebron faces are representing Ty Lue and RJ rather than LeBron, then I can get on board with that.

Although, as his teammate and coach, they are answering the reporters' questions perfectly in my opinion. In the locker room and on the bench is the place to tell a guy to stop worry about the officiating (which Lue did do on the bench last night). In front of the microphone is the place to back him up.

Or maybe Lebron should just quit crying so his teammates and coach don't have to answer questions and Cavs fans don't have to knee jerk defend him.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe Lebron should just quit crying so his teammates and coach don't have to answer questions and Cavs fans don't have to knee jerk defend him.

Except that LeBron didn't say anything. The only LeBron quote was him saying all that matters is winning.

The quotes that were whining about his treatment were not coming from him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that LeBron didn't say anything. The only LeBron quote was him saying all that matters is winning.

The quotes that were whining about his treatment were not coming from him.

Yes he did. You quoted him. He was asked if the tech was over frustration with the officials and he said "It is."

That opens the door for reporters to start asking him, his teammates and his coaches about it. If Lebron just says "No" then there's no need for further questions about it.

You guys can defend him all you want, but 90% of the bashing (you guys call it hate) that Lebron gets, he brings on himself because he can't seem to grasp that sometimes the best thing to do is just stfu.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did. You quoted him. He was asked if the tech was over frustration with the officials and he said "It is."

That opens the door for reporters to start asking him, his teammates and his coaches about it. If Lebron just says "No" then there's no need for further questions about it.

You guys can defend him all you want, but 90% of the bashing (you guys call it hate) that Lebron gets, he brings on himself because he can't seem to grasp that sometimes the best thing to do is just stfu.

So you want LeBron to lie and say that the tech had nothing to do with being frustrated with the officiating, even though the whole world knows he got the tech cause he was frustrated with the officiating.

If he said that, you and bk would be on here laughing at him for saying that.

Of course there are times when LeBron says dumb shit and has no one to blame but himself. This is not one of those times.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you like Gladiator movies?
Someone asked me this shit my first day as well lmao

bmujtlix2RKZG.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.