• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely tough. Just saw a stat that LeBron hasn't won in Utah since 2010.
i am interested in watching Gobert....i think he is turning into an elite player- not just one of the best young bigs in the game. I think he could/should probably be an all star considering Utah's record, their injuries, and the fact that - with all apologies to Heyward- i think Gobert just might be the best player on that team.

Utah is 3rd in defensive efficiency behind great defensive teams like San Antonio and Memphis- and he is def. the biggest reason why. . Pretty amazing considering they have missed Heyward for games, Hill for extended time, Favors for time, Exum is just coming back from major surgery this season, etc.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors think the Heat are such a joke that they're resting Klay tonight. Can you blame them?
Too funny. But actually Klay hasn't rested this season yet.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way is it McCaw. He is such a bum that I'm sure they would start Clark over him.

Right Wiggy?
hmmmmmm....but he's not even a rotation player so how in the world would he ever get a chance to start??? :heh:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am interested in watching Gobert....i think he is turning into an elite player- not just one of the best young bigs in the game. I think he could/should probably be an all star considering Utah's record, their injuries, and the fact that - with all apologies to Heyward- i think Gobert just might be the best player on that team.

Utah is 3rd in defensive efficiency behind great defensive teams like San Antonio and Memphis- and he is def. the biggest reason why. . Pretty amazing considering they have missed Heyward for games, Hill for extended time, Favors for time, Exum is just coming back from major surgery this season, etc.

Hayward is the best player, but Gobert is the most important. He does so much for that team, but Hayward is still the focal point of that offense.

For me it's weird but when I watch Gobert I always think "he's good, but x is better at this/that". I don't know why I can't judge him like independently from other bigs. Maybe I look too much at upside instead of consistent play.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward is the best player, but Gobert is the most important. He does so much for that team, but Hayward is still the focal point of that offense.

For me it's weird but when I watch Gobert I always think "he's good, but x is better at this/that". I don't know why I can't judge him like independently from other bigs. Maybe I look too much at upside instead of consistent play.
i think he has a chance to make the all star team in the West....say you take 7 front court players...

1. Durant
2. Leonard
3. Gasol
4. Davis
5. Towns
6. Cousins

who is 7?

does Draymond make 7-- i think he might- but his stats are way down and like it or not that does matter greatly for the all star team. Aldridge? possibly...Blake? hurt too many games...Jordan? ehh....close....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he has a chance to make the all star team in the West....say you take 7 front court players...

1. Durant
2. Leonard
3. Gasol
4. Davis
5. Towns
6. Cousins

who is 7?

Timofey Mozgov?:noidea:

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping McCaw and Whiteside go for 40 apiece tonight. Could makes things fun.

McCaw has only played a total of about 4 minutes in the last 8 games -- since Christmas.

Looks like Whiteside is back & healthy.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Durant
2. Leonard
3. Gasol
4. Davis
5. Towns
6. Cousins

who is 7?

does Draymond make 7-- i think he might- but his stats are way down and like it or not that does matter greatly for the all star team. Aldridge? possibly...Blake? hurt too many games...Jordan? ehh....close....

I think Draymond has a really good shot considering the coaches pick the reserves. Coaches know how valuable he is and he's still averaging 10.8 pts, 8.5 reb, and 7.3 apg, 2.1 steals and 1.2 blocks a game, playing as arguably the DPOY at this point. Towns probably would be the odd man out, as Cousins has been for years.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Durant
2. Leonard
3. Gasol
4. Davis
5. Towns
6. Cousins

who is 7?

Not sure they take more than 3 pure centers -- Gasol, Davis, Cousins. (so I think a chance Towns is left out also)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Draymond has a really good shot considering the coaches pick the reserves. Coaches know how valuable he is and he's still averaging 10.8 pts, 8.5 reb, and 7.3 apg, 2.1 steals and 1.2 blocks a game, playing as arguably the DPOY at this point. Towns probably would be the odd man out, as Cousins has been for years.
yah- guys like Towns from shitty teams are far from shoe-ins- but Towns is at 22/12/3....itll be interesting to see...its a great debate....taking a guy like Towns or Draymond...

if i were to choose- id PROBABLY lean a little more towards Draymond....but its close.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the radio today that the Bulls plan on holding Wade out on back-to-backs. Clearly worth that $25 mil per year.

Riley clearly made the right move with Wade.
We could have been looking at being Knicks 2.0.
Riley is >>>>>> at his job than Phil.

Is anyone worse than Phil?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game by the Bulls without their best 2 players

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeRozan is out of his mind again. God I fucking hate Toronto.

Reactions: TJL
Status
Not open for further replies.