• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's make it 4. :sadbron: One more the Cavs fans who think everyone is so mean to poor little Bron Bron.

LeBron gets shit on constantly, by everyone, he's possibly the most criticized player of all time.

Other superstarts get a pass, KD is in the same situation Bron was in before he went to the Heat and hasn't been shit on 1/5th of the amount Bron was for heading to Miami.

LeBron is also a great guy off the court, does everything the right way, gives tons of money to the community and boys and girls club foundations.

As a Heat fan, I watched it get fouled constantly and not get calls due to his size, which is one of the reasons that he oversells his flops as much as he does, unless it looks like he got shot on the play, he's not getting the call, and we're talking him getting hacked on the arms underneath the rim by multiple people.

You can play the "everyone is mean to poor little Bron Bron" card on my boy Gordon, but you just sound like a hater.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron gets shit on constantly, by everyone, he's possibly the most criticized player of all time.

Other superstarts get a pass, KD is in the same situation Bron was in before he went to the Heat and hasn't been shit on 1/5th of the amount Bron was for heading to Miami.

LeBron is also a great guy off the court, does everything the right way, gives tons of money to the community and boys and girls club foundations.

As a Heat fan, I watched it get fouled constantly and not get calls due to his size, which is one of the reasons that he oversells his flops as much as he does, unless it looks like he got shot on the play, he's not getting the call, and we're talking him getting hacked on the arms underneath the rim by multiple people.

You can play the "everyone is mean to poor little Bron Bron" card on my boy Gordon, but you just sound like a hater.
th

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're almost halfway through the regular season and you guys are still on the first reg season thread. Football season is almost over and I'll be here FT but damn......I gotta put in the yeoman effort? Really, guys? And um, certain dark chocolate ladies....
th

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want LeBron to lie and say that the tech had nothing to do with being frustrated with the officiating, even though the whole world knows he got the tech cause he was frustrated with the officiating.

If he said that, you and bk would be on here laughing at him for saying that.

Of course there are times when LeBron says dumb shit and has no one to blame but himself. This is not one of those times.

Yes. It's called a "must lie situation." Like when your wife asks if those pants make her ass look big and you say "no, you look great" instead of "I'm sure the ice cream and cheesecake you've been eating have more to do with it."

If he just said no, no one would be on here laughing at him because it wouldn't be a story.

When was the last time that you saw a headline that said: "<Name of star player here> not complaining about the refs"?

I sure as heck wouldn't be laughing at him because I've been saying for years that Lebron needs to learn when to stfu. I'd give him credit for finally figuring it out.

Reactions: LAD

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the new guy. :D We could definitely use a little more balance around here.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. It's called a "must lie situation." Like when your wife asks if those pants make her ass look big and you say "no, you look great" instead of "I'm sure the ice cream and cheesecake you've been eating have more to do with it."

If he just said no, no one would be on here laughing at him because it wouldn't be a story.

When was the last time that you saw a headline that said: "<Name of star player here> not complaining about the refs"?

I sure as heck wouldn't be laughing at him because I've been saying for years that Lebron needs to learn when to stfu. I'd give him credit for finally figuring it out.

vax5dSS.gif

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, I think the headline would be more along the lines of... "Lebron claims tech had nothing to do with the no-call that occurred seconds before he yelled at ref"

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I think the headline would be more along the lines of... "Lebron claims tech had nothing to do with the no-call that occurred seconds before he yelled at ref"
I could only imagine what it would be like if the internet was more popular during the Jordan era.

"Oh My god, what a team killer!!!! he was out until 6 am in vegas gambling before a big game?!!!! errrrr merrrrrr gawwwwwwwddddddddddddddddd, I can't believe this arrogant asshole smokes cigars after gamesssssss, I hate my life so much, ahhhhh"

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron brings it on himself.

As for being criticized, Magic, MJ, and Kobe (among others) say Hi.

KD knows how to keep his mouth shut and he didn't orchestrate getting together with Steph and Klay in GSW like Lebron orchestrated he, Bosh and Wade ending up in Miami. KD also didn't hold an hour long special to dump his team and fanbase on national tv.

Lots of guys are great guys off the court, give lot of money to charity and are still assholes on the court. Kobe comes to mind as this type of person. He has done all kinds of charitable work all over LA and even worldwide that never gets publicized. He was still an asshole and a pain is the ass as a teammate.

The difference is Lakers fans just shrug and say, "Yep, he's an asshole, but we'd be 5 titles lighter without him."

No player in NBA history was fouled more and had it called less than Shaq. Much of the time, Shaq could only get calls when he was being intentionally fouled because he was a shitty free throw shooter. Never saw Shaq flopping and overselling.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could only imagine what it would be like if the internet was more popular during the Jordan era.

"Oh My god, what a team killer!!!! he was out until 6 am in vegas gambling before a big game?!!!! errrrr merrrrrr gawwwwwwwddddddddddddddddd, I can't believe this arrogant asshole smokes cigars after gamesssssss, I hate my life so much, ahhhhh"
:ban:

raw

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD also didn't hold an hour long special to dump his team and fanbase on national tv.

OK. Kudos for that I guess... but I mean, come on.... doing that after seeing the backlash LeBron got would've been about a million times stupider than doing it in the first place.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron brings it on himself.

As for being criticized, Magic, MJ, and Kobe (among others) say Hi.

KD knows how to keep his mouth shut and he didn't orchestrate getting together with Steph and Klay in GSW like Lebron orchestrated he, Bosh and Wade ending up in Miami. KD also didn't hold an hour long special to dump his team and fanbase on national tv.

Lots of guys are great guys off the court, give lot of money to charity and are still assholes on the court. Kobe comes to mind as this type of person. He has done all kinds of charitable work all over LA and even worldwide that never gets publicized. He was still an asshole and a pain is the ass as a teammate.

The difference is Lakers fans just shrug and say, "Yep, he's an asshole, but we'd be 5 titles lighter without him."

No player in NBA history was fouled more and had it called less than Shaq. Much of the time, Shaq could only get calls when he was being intentionally fouled because he was a shitty free throw shooter. Never saw Shaq flopping and overselling.

DCp4s7Z1FizZe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.