• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2017 NBA Draft should be loaded

The hype for the recruiting class of 2016 has already been building for years.

It was evident early on that the class of 2016 was more talented than the class one year older. This group only became more impressive as time went on, with late-blooming prospects like Markelle Fultz and Wenyen Gabriel ascending near the top of the rankings. Scout's Evan Daniels went as far as to call the 2016 class the best he's ever scouted. That means one thing: The 2017 NBA Draft should be loaded.

The strength of this class is its depth. Instead of one or two superstars, there looks like there might be 10-15 players who could potentially rise to No. 1

or maybe they just use it in a trade- obviously there is more of a market for a 2017 pick then a 2018 pick....
The draft may be loaded. But once again, when you're picking somewhere between 28-30. The depth of the draft is almost a moot point. This isn't a mid 1st round pick that Portland got.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft may be loaded. But once again, when you're picking somewhere between 28-30. The depth of the draft is almost a moot point. This isn't a mid 1st round pick that Portland got.

Yep a lot of times that late first round pick turns into a failure or a flash in the pan.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but they need to learn how to close out games vs good teams. They were up 13 or 14 in Cleveland with 8 or 9 minutes to go and blew it. Up 19 at home in the 4th tonight and blew it. Both of these games took place in the last 2 weeks.

Can't as long as they have that idiot curry.

Dude has completely ruined basketball. High schoolers taking half court 3s because of this asshole.

Last night, ball at half court(tie game) he dribbles for 7 seconds and shoots a 40 foot fade away.

I'd bench his ass for a week. And if I'm draymond...straight kick in the nuts. Can't risk him reproducing a male.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 18,743.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good luck, man...

seriously wish you guys still had Carr. would've been interesting to see what he could've done...

Not being a homer here but I think we still have a shot. We beat them once already and Cook was decent when he came in for McGloin against a good Denver defense.....he completed 14 of 21 for 150 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT in his first live NFL game. He's had a full week of starters reps.....

The running game needs to be used big time and the defense needs to get to Osweiler to help out the kid.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i agree to a certain extent... i think he definitely had a nice role during the regular season- in a salary cap league though where you sign one guy to the exclusion of another- its hard to invest 10 million a year in Delly when he is not in your playoff rotation.....sure it would be nice to have him here and there---- but instead of Delly you basically have the moves that got you Frye and Korver (with a little extra money of course).

id rather have Frye, Korver- and a backup pg that they will eventually sign like a Chalmers, Cole or Jack-----then just Delly.
Jack would be a good fit.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win and they get KC

Phins are taking out Pitt tomorrow

huh, did Tannehill get upgraded or what...?

and btw, the Chiefs have already beaten every team in the AFC west twice already. lol trust me, i'd RATHER play any of them than Pittsburgh...

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh, did Tannehill get upgraded or what...?

and btw, the Chiefs have already beaten every team in the AFC west twice already. lol trust me, i'd RATHER play any of them than Pittsburgh...
Lol, what does Tanny matter? Moore is not really a downgrade

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan CarsonJan 7, 2017 at 6:06p ET
J.R. Smith shared some difficult news on Saturday, releasing a video with his wife, Jewel, regarding complications the couple has experienced with the birth of their daughter, Dakota.

In the video, Jewel explains that was born five months premature and weighs just 1 pound.

.@TheRealJRSmith and his wife share difficult family news. pic.twitter.com/efNsDANUo8

— UNINTERRUPTED (@uninterrupted) January 7, 2017

“We decided to share with the world, what’s been going on with our family the past five days. We know a lot of you congratulated us on the expectancy of our little baby girl, but we had her five months early … she’s five days old today, and her name is Dakota, and she weighs 1 pound. We know we’re not the only family that has been through this or who will go through this, and that is why we decided to share what we’re going through. Please keep us in your prayers and we’ll do the same for everyone else.”

Smith is recovering from surgery he underwent in December to repair an injury to his right thumb. He is expected to return to play for Cleveland by playoff time.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another grind in Boston tonight. Up 4 on the Pelicans at the half.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since butler took over point forward he has been scary good. Man this guy is good. If they get this win it would be anothe nice win.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And somehow Dragic got ejected for this. LMAO at the refs. Goran had no reason to get ejected.

Not exactly what happened. I actually don't think either player should have been ejected. I've seen guys get in worse scraps than that and not get ejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.