• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could you imagine the lost opportunity if those 3 wins are the difference between keeping a top 3 pick in this draft (which is the most loaded in years)- or- sending the pick to the 76'ers to add yet ANOTHER possibly great young player to their core?

would be a disaster. though im sure the 76'ers would appreciate it.

im just saying---

whats the best case scenario with Williams?--- you win 3-4 extra games this year?

whats the best case scenario without Williams?-- you get a 1st round pick for him- you lose enough games to KEEP your first round pick- and you clear 7M in salary that will open up a max salary spot in free agency.

to me- its a no brainer---- unless you REALLY REALLY want to see the Lakers win 30 games instead of 26 games.....id rather have a 1st round pick, enoguh salary cap room to sign a max-player potentially, and a better chance at keeping a top 3 lotto pick in a loaded draft.

Not sure how many wins you can say a player is worth, but the pick is 1000X more valuable >>then a few meaningless wins.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this I don't think we ever saw a player like Westbrook before. I mean he is doing things LBJ has never done. Westbrook is becoming a Special Special Player. Right now its fun as hell to watch Harden, Westbrook and Butler right now. LBJ led the way with this Point/Forward, or Point/Shooting guard thing. LBJ is still fun to watch but these 3 guys have took over as must watch TV. These players do owe LBJ some credit.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this I don't think we ever saw a player like Westbrook before. I mean he is doing things LBJ has never done. Westbrook is becoming a Special Special Player. Right now its fun as hell to watch Harden, Westbrook and Butler right now. LBJ led the way with this Point/Forward, or Point/Shooting guard thing. LBJ is still fun to watch but these 3 guys have took over as must watch TV. These players do owe LBJ some credit.

IF LBJ ever had the same amount of usage rate as Westbrook does, his numbers would be beyond mind boggling.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I rather watch LBJ than Jimmy Butler. The other 2 I agree with.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF LBJ ever had the same amount of usage rate as Westbrook does, his numbers would be beyond mind boggling.

Agreed. On top of that, I can't image Lebron going full speed all the time like Westbrook does with the frame he has to carry. But, for one game, I'll take Lebron 11 times out of 10 at full speed. If Lebron was focused merely on stats, his numbers in a season will be mind numbingly good.

Having said that, fuck Lebron.

Reactions: TJL

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow...we totally agree on that!

Why WOW?
You finally said something that wasn't just Cavs hype bullshit.

2 seasons ago I prayed we didn't get that last win or 2 and that was for the 8 seed, let alone a win that would mean totally nothing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense the Lakers would keep him. Lou will help the Lakers win 29 games -- 3 more than they would have won if they traded him.

Damn right!! Next stop....Kicking the Cavs ass in the finals!! :yes:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic made the first push.

Clarkson took a boxing stance because Dragic was charging at him.

He is definitely weird looking. I think he might be an alien.

The refs overreacted, neither of them should have been ejected.

"That's really shameful, disgraceful that Goran Dragic got thrown out of that game," Spoelstra said. "It's an elbow to the face, somebody that wants to fight, knocks him down on the ground, and it's just a bail-out, shameful, disgraceful ejection.

"There's no way he should be thrown out of that situation for just taking an elbow to the face, getting up, not even necessarily defending himself, just getting up. But at that point, it's an eight-point game, and we pretty much just let it go from there.

"I don't know if it would have made a difference, but he's our best player, and having him go down with us down the stretch, it's probably a possession game."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could you imagine the lost opportunity if those 3 wins are the difference between keeping a top 3 pick in this draft (which is the most loaded in years)- or- sending the pick to the 76'ers to add yet ANOTHER possibly great young player to their core?

im just saying---

whats the best case scenario with Williams?--- you win 3-4 extra games this year?

whats the best case scenario without Williams?-- you get a 1st round pick for him- you lose enough games to KEEP your first round pick- and you clear 7M in salary that will open up a max salary spot in free agency.

to me- its a no brainer---- unless you REALLY REALLY want to see the Lakers win 30 games instead of 26 games.....id rather have a 1st round pick, enoguh salary cap room to sign a max-player potentially, and a better chance at keeping a top 3 lotto pick in a loaded draft.

Honestly, I don't care if they keep him or not. I DO like him and what he adds to the team both as a player and as a guy for the kids to learn from. He's part of why they are fun to watch.

However, he's 30 years old and unlikely to be part of the teams future so getting something in return, especially a first round pick, might be the way to go.

I expect that as the season goes on, if Lou continues to play well, the Lakers will likely have some inquiries about him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"That's really shameful, disgraceful that Goran Dragic got thrown out of that game," Spoelstra said. "It's an elbow to the face, somebody that wants to fight, knocks him down on the ground, and it's just a bail-out, shameful, disgraceful ejection.

"There's no way he should be thrown out of that situation for just taking an elbow to the face, getting up, not even necessarily defending himself, just getting up. But at that point, it's an eight-point game, and we pretty much just let it go from there.

"I don't know if it would have made a difference, but he's our best player, and having him go down with us down the stretch, it's probably a possession game."

I agree with Spoelstra, except for the elbow to the face, that's just Spo being a drama queen. And lol @ "just getting up." He got up and charged at Clarkson (don't blame him for that though).

As I said in my post, I don't think either of them should have been ejected. I've seen a lot worse where guys didn't get kicked out. The refs overreacted on that one.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn right!! Next stop....Kicking the Cavs ass in the finals!! :yes:
i guess if you guys send your 1st round picks to Summer League- you might be able to beat a Cavs team with Felder, McRaue and etc. in the Summer League Finals....id give the Lakers Summer league team a decent chance! :thumb:

only way the Lakers make the NBA Finals is if they buy a ticket. lol.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess if you guys send your 1st round picks to Summer League- you might be able to beat a Cavs team with Felder, McRaue and etc. in the Summer League Finals....id give the Lakers Summer league team a decent chance! :thumb:

th

:yes:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't care if they keep him or not. I DO like him and what he adds to the team both as a player and as a guy for the kids to learn from. He's part of why they are fun to watch.

However, he's 30 years old and unlikely to be part of the teams future so getting something in return, especially a first round pick, might be the way to go.

I expect that as the season goes on, if Lou continues to play well, the Lakers will likely have some inquiries about him.
Seems like to me that this group settles for jump shots on the outside a little too much when they should make better efforts to drive to the basket and get some shots on the inside. Once their shot selection and discerning the offense needed, I think they will really be good

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im just saying---

You honestly think 26 wins will get a top 3 pick? Especially, as it currently stands, there are eight teams currently with less wins than the Lakers? What would the odds be of keeping that pick? 5% at best?

Keep the whole team together. They'll get 30+ wins this year and hopefully become an over .500 team next year.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans were nervous last night!!! Really good game to watch. Fun

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly though, I think the Lakers have enough fresh first round picks to build around and needs the veteran leadership over another first round that needs to be taught. By next year at this time that may be completely different if the team has evolved enough to run on their own. My personal opinion, however is that the Lakers expected Ingram, Russell, Randle, Clarkson, Lance, Robinson, Black to take longer - otherwise they might not have signed Deng and Mozgov to four year deals at ridiculous deals when we know they are there only for the veteran leadership. Louis Williams really was brought in as a fill in and I doubt any one saw much potential in him, but Luke Walton as taken both Lou and Nick and turned them into decent players. Now I call that coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.