• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its the Cavs getting their OWN pick back. Portland has Cleveland's 2018 pick as part of the Varejao/Frye deal.

the Cavs reaquired their 2018 pick for their 2017 pick.

doing this allowed the Cavs to deal their 2019 pick to Atlanta. If not- they would have only been eliglbe to trade a 2020 pick- since you cant not have 1st round picks for 2 consecutive years.

So- all Portland did was get Clevelands 2017 first round pick for Clevelands 2018 first round pick.

The Cavs benefited because this allowed them to have the 2018- thus being eligible to deal the 2019.

Instead of having picks in 2017, and 2019- they just have their pick in 2018.

In other words, they did each other a solid. Just like @wildturkey already said.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls with 2 big wins against cavs and raptors. Bulls have owned both in the regular season. Problem is the rest of the NBA. Big come back tonight.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you guys think of Lou Willaims to Memphis?--- that seems like a team that could use some scoring punch of the bench- that would actually be really helped by it. It would certainly help their playmaking.

I think I like Lou right where he is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson acted like a real tough guy/ piece of shit there for no reason.
Then takes a boxing stance.
GMAFB

Plus, hes fucking weird looking.
He looks like hes made of plastic.

Dragic didnt deserve an ejection.

Dragic made the first push.

Clarkson took a boxing stance because Dragic was charging at him.

He is definitely weird looking. I think he might be an alien.

The refs overreacted, neither of them should have been ejected.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point. Players ask for the ball all the time. Curry willingly gave the ball to Durant. Could have called him off but chose not to. People are making way too much out of this. Instead of focusing on the Warriors blowing a 19 point fourth quarter lead, everyone is too busy trying to act like Curry had a problem with giving the ball to Durant

Stop staying he didn't call him off lol Curry told Durant to go to his spot and Durant just stood their in the middle demanding the ball. And Curry took time before he was forced to just give it to KD. Green wanted Curry to run pick and roll with KD, but KD wanted to do iso.

Who had the ball first? Are you stupid? Curry had the ball in his hands. HE CHOSE to give it to Durant. If Durant saw after a few seconds that Steph wanted to run a set with Draymond. I'm sure he would have let them run the play. You're acting like Durant walked over to steph and grabbed the ball away from him.

It's NOT with Draymond! WTF you saying.

It's a play between Curry and KD. Dafuq you saying Draymond lol Draymond's the one who was insisting KD to set a pick for Curry, so did Curry. But KD waived them off. You can see during the timeout, both Green and Curry were pissed. Curry was forced to give KD what he wanted, and instead Curry tried to set a pick for KD, but still KD waived it off and did the iso.

You don't even know what you are saying, and you still want me to believe you watched the game? lmao

I guess nobody is going to mention that Curry did the same thing to Durant on the possession before right? Or how about the 30 foot three he attempted at the end of the 4th

Heat on Heat crime.

Oh the HUMANITY!! :drama:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic made the first push.

Clarkson took a boxing stance because Dragic was charging at him.

He is definitely weird looking. I think he might be an alien.

The refs overreacted, neither of them should have been ejected.

Sometimes the Blasian * black/asian* thing goes terribly wrong.

For every...
th

You get a 10......
th

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan CarsonJan 7, 2017 at 6:06p ET
J.R. Smith shared some difficult news on Saturday, releasing a video with his wife, Jewel, regarding complications the couple has experienced with the birth of their daughter, Dakota.

In the video, Jewel explains that was born five months premature and weighs just 1 pound.

.@TheRealJRSmith and his wife share difficult family news. pic.twitter.com/efNsDANUo8

— UNINTERRUPTED (@uninterrupted) January 7, 2017

“We decided to share with the world, what’s been going on with our family the past five days. We know a lot of you congratulated us on the expectancy of our little baby girl, but we had her five months early … she’s five days old today, and her name is Dakota, and she weighs 1 pound. We know we’re not the only family that has been through this or who will go through this, and that is why we decided to share what we’re going through. Please keep us in your prayers and we’ll do the same for everyone else.”

Smith is recovering from surgery he underwent in December to repair an injury to his right thumb. He is expected to return to play for Cleveland by playoff time.

That sucks. Hopefully that little girl will survive and turn this into a great story.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls looking at knight and Noel. They would like both but don't be surprised if they get at least one. Just rumor.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th Q use to be a problem for the Bulls but since butler has been playing point forward bulls have been strong the last 3 games against 3 top East teams all wins.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep a lot of times that late first round pick turns into a failure or a flash in the pan.

But given the choice ... I think you take this year's #1 vs. next year. (I don't think it is difficult decision at all for the Blazers.)

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I like Lou right where he is.

It makes sense the Lakers would keep him. Lou will help the Lakers win 29 games -- 3 more than they would have won if they traded him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Wait!! Is it racist to laugh at that? :think:

Probably.

Isn't everything these days?

I feel bad for that Dude that works for the Hawks.

He probably thought nothing of the comment he made, is clearly not racist with a black wife and kids.

But, none of that will matter.

After this Election Season and after Ferry and his " He gotta a lil African in him " drama, I hope it doesn't cost him his job.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls looking at knight and Noel. They would like both but don't be surprised if they get at least one. Just rumor.

Noel? Hoiberg doesn't even play Bobby Portis as is. What's he gonna do with two young centers racking up DNP-CDs?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another grind in Boston tonight. Up 4 on the Pelicans at the ha

Looks like Mr Smart played wicked smaaatt. Still need a rim protector to start competing with Cavs. Close to overtaking Raptors tho. Not bad pop

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Mr Smart played wicked smaaatt. Still need a rim protector to start competing with Cavs. Close to overtaking Raptors tho. Not bad pop
Marcus is actually improving a lot this year. The shot selection is much much better. And he passes the ball a lot better than I thought he would.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense the Lakers would keep him. Lou will help the Lakers win 29 games -- 3 more than they would have won if they traded him.
could you imagine the lost opportunity if those 3 wins are the difference between keeping a top 3 pick in this draft (which is the most loaded in years)- or- sending the pick to the 76'ers to add yet ANOTHER possibly great young player to their core?

would be a disaster. though im sure the 76'ers would appreciate it.

im just saying---

whats the best case scenario with Williams?--- you win 3-4 extra games this year?

whats the best case scenario without Williams?-- you get a 1st round pick for him- you lose enough games to KEEP your first round pick- and you clear 7M in salary that will open up a max salary spot in free agency.

to me- its a no brainer---- unless you REALLY REALLY want to see the Lakers win 30 games instead of 26 games.....id rather have a 1st round pick, enoguh salary cap room to sign a max-player potentially, and a better chance at keeping a top 3 lotto pick in a loaded draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.