• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like a forearm to the chest the first time for me, but I don't have a problem with him going after Clarkson the 2nd time. Then again, I also liked it back when they would just call a regular foul or tech and be done with it
watching that play i would guess Dragic got tossed for the contact with the ref who was breaking up the fight...its def. a shitty situation for him- as its pretty clear Clarkson took what looked like incidental contact to a whole different level--- but i think the black letter law on that one is- if you are trying to get through the ref to fight someone- you are prob. gonna get the boot even if you were not the instigator.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stacked at the top.
Picks 28-30?
Total guess.

Im not saying it was a nonsensical move by Portland.
My thought process though, says Cavs HAD to make the trade, so Blazers could have asked/gotten a bit more.
The 2017 NBA Draft should be loaded

The hype for the recruiting class of 2016 has already been building for years.

It was evident early on that the class of 2016 was more talented than the class one year older. This group only became more impressive as time went on, with late-blooming prospects like Markelle Fultz and Wenyen Gabriel ascending near the top of the rankings. Scout's Evan Daniels went as far as to call the 2016 class the best he's ever scouted. That means one thing: The 2017 NBA Draft should be loaded.

The strength of this class is its depth. Instead of one or two superstars, there looks like there might be 10-15 players who could potentially rise to No. 1

or maybe they just use it in a trade- obviously there is more of a market for a 2017 pick then a 2018 pick....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was evident early on that the class of 2016 was more talented than the class one year older. This group only became more impressive as time went on, with late-blooming prospects like Markelle Fultz and Wenyen Gabriel ascending near the top of the rankings. Scout's Evan Daniels went as far as to call the 2016 class the best he's ever scouted. That means one thing: The 2017 NBA Draft should be loaded.

The strength of this class is its depth. Instead of one or two superstars, there looks like there might be 10-15 players who could potentially rise to No. 1

or maybe they just use it in a trade- obviously there is more of a market for a 2017 pick then a 2018 pick....

10-15 means nothing in this conversation.
Im not sure how Blazers stand with their future year picks, and thought that could be the most valid reason.
Thats why I asked the original question.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 18,743.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-gaming so I'm already drunk......Drank my coffee and went straight to the booze.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 18,743.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Cavs fans proclaiming Korver to being the best thing since sliced bread? Because I remember Wiggy saying he's on the downside of his career.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Cavs fans proclaiming Korver to being the best thing since sliced bread? Because I remember Wiggy saying he's on the downside of his career.
of course he is on the downside of his career he is 35 years old!!!

good luck with McGloin. Such a shame Carr went down.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol who saw that moment when Curry wanted to handle the ball and then KD comes up to him demanding the ball for an iso and then bricked a 3.. Curry and Green were pissed at him lmao

If that shit doesnt get fixed this cant work. They have to realize who the hot guy was that night and it was Curry. If Curry wasnt such a pussy he would have called off KD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He a good shooter off the bench when JR comes back. I have never been a huge fan of Korver but he will see open shots with Lebron so I dont see it being a bad move. If you put great shooters around Lebron they are just going to knock down shots.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that shit doesnt get fixed this cant work. They have to realize who the hot guy was that night and it was Curry. If Curry wasnt such a pussy he would have called off KD

That's my point. Players ask for the ball all the time. Curry willingly gave the ball to Durant. Could have called him off but chose not to. People are making way too much out of this. Instead of focusing on the Warriors blowing a 19 point fourth quarter lead, everyone is too busy trying to act like Curry had a problem with giving the ball to Durant

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point. Players ask for the ball all the time. Curry willingly gave the ball to Durant. Could have called him off but chose not to. People are making way too much out of this. Instead of focusing on the Warriors blowing a 19 point fourth quarter lead, everyone is too busy trying to act like Curry had a problem with giving the ball to Durant
Stop staying he didn't call him off lol Curry told Durant to go to his spot and Durant just stood their in the middle demanding the ball. And Curry took time before he was forced to just give it to KD. Green wanted Curry to run pick and roll with KD, but KD wanted to do iso.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop staying he didn't call him off lol Curry told Durant to go to his spot and Durant just stood their in the middle demanding the ball. And Curry took time before he was forced to just give it to KD. Green wanted Curry to run pick and roll with KD, but KD wanted to do iso.

Who had the ball first? Are you stupid? Curry had the ball in his hands. HE CHOSE to give it to Durant. If Durant saw after a few seconds that Steph wanted to run a set with Draymond. I'm sure he would have let them run the play. You're acting like Durant walked over to steph and grabbed the ball away from him.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who had the ball first? Are you stupid? Curry had the ball in his hands. HE CHOSE to give it to Durant. If Durant saw after a few seconds that Steph wanted to run a set with Draymond. I'm sure he would have let them run the play. You're acting like Durant walked over to steph and grabbed the ball away from him.
It's NOT with Draymond! WTF you saying.

It's a play between Curry and KD. Dafuq you saying Draymond lol Draymond's the one who was insisting KD to set a pick for Curry, so did Curry. But KD waived them off. You can see during the timeout, both Green and Curry were pissed. Curry was forced to give KD what he wanted, and instead Curry tried to set a pick for KD, but still KD waived it off and did the iso.

You don't even know what you are saying, and you still want me to believe you watched the game? lmao

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess nobody is going to mention that Curry did the same thing to Durant on the possession before right? Or how about the 30 foot three he attempted at the end of the 4th

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching that play i would guess Dragic got tossed for the contact with the ref who was breaking up the fight...its def. a shitty situation for him- as its pretty clear Clarkson took what looked like incidental contact to a whole different level--- but i think the black letter law on that one is- if you are trying to get through the ref to fight someone- you are prob. gonna get the boot even if you were not the instigator.

Letter of the law would mean that Westbrook should be suspended for hitting the ref in the head with the ball.
You can't judge the intent there any more then you can judge the intent of Draymonds leg kicks or several other things.
Dragic was just playing basketball IMO.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letter of the law would mean that Westbrook should be suspended for hitting the ref in the head with the ball.
You can't judge the intent there any more then you can judge the intent of Draymonds leg kicks or several other things.
Dragic was just playing basketball IMO.
what are you talking about? he ran into the ref going for the other player. Thats why he got the boot in my opinion- i agree its a shitty situation and he got the raw-end- but i can see the refs mindset that - you just cant make contact with the ref going for another player like that and still have a valid complaint when you get the boot.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Gordon has been so good.

I hate to insinuate a guy quit on his team.

But, Gordon was pissed he got dealt to Nola.

Got pissed when Nola matched his offer sheet with Phoenix.

He never wanted to be there and didn't even try to play thru injuries.

Now, he's rejuvenated.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't pick Giles if you wanna keep your job.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders are playing the Texans today!!!!
I hope you guys win

Man, I love carr, I have a couple buds in the bay area, one with season tickets, they were heartbroken when he went down

Status
Not open for further replies.