• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao @ the Warios

How do they expect to win a chip with a team full of choke artists

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Portland benefit by agreeing to switch picks with the Cavs?
its the Cavs getting their OWN pick back. Portland has Cleveland's 2018 pick as part of the Varejao/Frye deal.

the Cavs reaquired their 2018 pick for their 2017 pick.

doing this allowed the Cavs to deal their 2019 pick to Atlanta. If not- they would have only been eliglbe to trade a 2020 pick- since you cant not have 1st round picks for 2 consecutive years.

So- all Portland did was get Clevelands 2017 first round pick for Clevelands 2018 first round pick.

The Cavs benefited because this allowed them to have the 2018- thus being eligible to deal the 2019.

Instead of having picks in 2017, and 2019- they just have their pick in 2018.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually dragic bumped him first

It looked like to me Goran went by Clarkson real fast and kind of shoved him out of his way or bumped him as you said, so Clarkson shoved him forward. That's when Goran took offense and bumped Clarkson twice but the second time he tried to hit Clarkson, Clarkson knocked him down. I think you or anyone else would defend themselves the same way if some one was trying to knock you down. I would

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol who saw that moment when Curry wanted to handle the ball and then KD comes up to him demanding the ball for an iso and then bricked a 3.. Curry and Green were pissed at him lmao

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao @ the Warios

How do they expect to win a chip with a team full of choke artists
the Warriors have 4 of the top 20 players in the league- which is insane--- but after that the roster is just not filled with credible NBA players.

Livingston and Iggy are still capable NBA bench players- but they dont appear to be what they were even 2 years ago.

After that- who do you trust with playoff minutes on the Warriors roster?

Im telling you- they have 6 credible NBA players- 7 if you count Pachulia. They will definitely try and add a legit veteran before the trade deadline/buyout deadline.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Warriors have 4 of the top 20 players in the league- which is insane--- but after that the roster is just not filled with credible NBA players.

Livingston and Iggy are still capable NBA bench players- but they dont appear to be what they were even 2 years ago.

After that- who do you trust with playoff minutes on the Warriors roster?

Im telling you- they have 6 credible NBA players- 7 if you count Pachulia. They will definitely try and add a legit veteran before the trade deadline/buyout deadline.
They tore apart their bench to get KD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its impressive to me they didnt give up......

Conley playing over 40 minutes....looks like he is back getting healthy. Randolph with a huge night. Obviously everyone thought Memphis is one of the teams that matches up pretty well- as well as you can anyway- against the Warriors.

I sure hope we get to see that series in the spring and everyone is healthy on the Griz. Griz deserve a year where they get a little bit of post season luck and field their full team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors lose 128-119. Fall to 31-6 on the season. Now 0-5 against San Antonio, Cleveland, Memphis, Houston. Memphis ends game on 49-21 run.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like to me Goran went by Clarkson real fast and kind of shoved him out of his way or bumped him as you said, so Clarkson shoved him forward. That's when Goran took offense and bumped Clarkson twice but the second time he tried to hit Clarkson, Clarkson knocked him down. I think you or anyone else would defend themselves the same way if some one was trying to knock you down. I would
Looked like a forearm to the chest the first time for me, but I don't have a problem with him going after Clarkson the 2nd time. Then again, I also liked it back when they would just call a regular foul or tech and be done with it

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They tore apart their bench to get KD
the important thing isnt have 11-12 guys that you play on a nightly basis.

the important thing is- how many guys do i trust to give 15-20 minutes in a playoff series on my team.

Right now- how many guys like that do the Warriors have?

Obviously the Big 4.

after that- say Livingston and Iggy. thats 6. Do you trust Ian Clark and or David West or Pachulia for 15-20 minutes in a playoff game? maybe you do- maybe you dont- but if you have to think about it- the safe answer is - probably no.

its one of the things i like about the Korver trade for the Cavs- it just lengthens their bench for the playoffs- and McRae and Felder arent playing at all in the playoffs for the Cavs- we know that. Liggins?- i dunno. We shall see.

but - how many guys on the Cavs would you trust with 15-20 minutes in a playoff game?

obviously the staters- LeBron, Kyrie, Love, Tristan, Smith- thats 5.....who on the bench?- Shumpert and Korver for sure. and Frye and Jefferson. thats 9.

is that enough to overcome 4 of the top 20 players in the world on the same team? who knows- maybe...maybe not...we shall see in the Spring...should be a lot of fun.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the important thing is- how many guys do i trust to give 15-20 minutes in a playoff series on my team.

Obviously the Big 4.

after that- say Livingston and Iggy. thats 6. Do you trust Ian Clark and or David West or Pachulia for 15-20 minutes in a playoff game? maybe you do- maybe you dont- but if you have to think about it- the safe answer is - probably no.

its one of the things i like about the Korver trade for the Cavs- it just lengthens their bench for the playoffs- and McRae and Felder arent playing at all in the playoffs for the Cavs- we know that. Liggins?- i dunno. We shall see.

but - how many guys on the Cavs would you trust with 15-20 minutes in a playoff game?

obviously the staters- LeBron, Kyrie, Love, Tristan, Smith- thats 5.....who on the bench?- Shumpert and Korver for sure. and Frye and Jefferson. thats 9.

is that enough to overcome 4 of the top 20 players in the world on the same team? who knows- maybe...maybe not...we shall see in the Spring...should be a lot of fun.
I'm on my phone, so it's difficult to write novels so I kept it short.

But you hit the nail on the head, bud.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like a forearm to the chest the first time for me, but I don't have a problem with him going after Clarkson the 2nd time. Then again, I also liked it back when they would just call a regular foul or tech and be done with it
Clarkson most likely should have let it slide when he got it bumped, but if you remember back in grade school and junior high, you couldn't let anyone do that to you or you would be perceived as weak and then you would get harassed a lot. It was worth every trip I ended up making to the principals office because they knew that if they came after me, they would have to fight me win or lose and it wasn't worth it.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously the Big 4.

Paper tigers

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is that was my fantasy football team name. I have bell, Elliot, brown and luck on my team. And lost in the finals

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is that was my fantasy football team name. I have bell, Elliot, brown and luck on my team. And lost in the finals
I have Westbrook on one of my fantasy teams - and he has been really nice to me:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paper tigers
what you dont agree with tha assesment? - or do you just prefer having a passive aggressive post that has nothing to do with the original post?----

as i said- the Warriors have 4 of the top 20 players in the league- which i dont think has ever been done in the history of the league- at least not the modern history. You can and are pretty likely to win at least 1 title with that much freaking talent no matter how bad or shallow your bench is.

itll be interesting to see if being as top heavy as the Warriors can lead toa title---- its gonna be a lot of fun to watch in the spring.

Obviously the Cavs do not have 4 of the top 20 players in the league. According to some people on here- Kyrie is not even a top 20 guy and is no better than the 7th best pg in the league. However- the Cavs do seem to have a deeper and more versatile bench at this point. The Cavs have 9 guys id trust with decent playoff minutes.

How many do you think the Warriors have? Id say 6 or 7.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you guys think of Lou Willaims to Memphis?--- that seems like a team that could use some scoring punch of the bench- that would actually be really helped by it. It would certainly help their playmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.