• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree with you here LAD. The Warriors have struggled in the past with closing out tight games. A lot of this came last year because the Warriors didn't play in many close games and didn't get a chance to work on this.

In game 7 of the finals the Warriors didn't score in the last 5 minutes of hte game. That's bad.

This year, they're adding new pieces and have to figure out how to execute down teh stretch. The last part of the memphis game shows that they do not have it figured out. Not saying they can't, they just don't have it figured out right now.
I'm fine with us disagreeing. What I saw last year was the Warriors coming from behind in a lot of games- and winning them.

And the Cavs struggled to score in the last 5 minutes of game 7 as well...that game could've gone the other way if even just 1 of Curry's shots goes in.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It matters in terms of the guys that are on the team. They aren't a completely brand new team- nor do they have a completely new coaching staff. And the guys they've added aren't all rookies. they guys that lead this team -Curry, KD & Dray all know how to close out games.

We don't have to agree- but they know how to get it done. They just have to execute & play on both ends of the court. We see them lose games when they're not defending consistently.

giphy.gif

Our fourth-quarter offense has been atrocious, and I don't know if you could see," Green said. "Everyone only notices in losses, but I actually pay attention to things when we win also."

"We just haven't executed very well," Kerr said. "Maybe that's something that we can do better as a coaching staff, trying to get guys in better position. We'll look at the tape and continue to experiment and try different things. But we have to close games better and execute better offensively."

Green agreed.

"We've got some things that we need to correct to be a championship team, and right now we're not that," he said.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And had LBJ not added trickery to his game they would've lost game 5 last year & Warriors are back 2 back champs. See how that woulda, shoulda, coulda crap works??

lol, what the fuck are you talking about?

Comparing "trickery", to losing your second and third best players who are both AS players.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Our fourth-quarter offense has been atrocious, and I don't know if you could see," Green said. "Everyone only notices in losses, but I actually pay attention to things when we win also."

"We just haven't executed very well," Kerr said. "Maybe that's something that we can do better as a coaching staff, trying to get guys in better position. We'll look at the tape and continue to experiment and try different things. But we have to close games better and execute better offensively."

Green agreed.

"We've got some things that we need to correct to be a championship team, and right now we're not that," he said.
I never said they didn't need to correct some things. Goodness. The point was that it was said they DON'T KNOW HOW to and I said they do.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they didn't need to correct some things. Goodness. The point was that it was said they DON'T KNOW HOW to and I said they do.
They don't know how, they have a 60% win pct in close games, good for 11th in the league.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, what the fuck are you talking about?

Comparing "trickery", to losing your second and third best players who are both AS players.
Warriors lost their "best" defensive player after game 5 (dray) as well as their starting center for games 6 & 7 (bogut). but I guess that only matters when it happens to the Cavs, right?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that said, I'm not saying they can't learn how to, and can't get better, you have 2 of the best players in the world on the team, I'm sure they can figure it out.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors lost their "best" defensive player after game 5 (dray) as well as their starting center for games 6 & 7 (bogut). but I guess that only matters when it happens to the Cavs, right?
lol @ Bogut

I'll give you Draymond though, that was some bullshit.

He should have been suspended for the kick to Adams nuts thought he series before, so it was really karma.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Bennett needs to do if he seriously wants an NBA career is to take the rest of the year off from even trying to play competitive basketball.

He needs to do three things:
Hire a Nutritionist
Hire a Physical Trainer
Hire a Basketball Trainer

He needs to do what Jimmy Butler did a few years ago during a summer. Lock himself in a house, no internet, no tv, no distractions. His only option to is go to the gym.

He's got millions of dollars already from his rookie contract. He needs to spend some of it investing in himself. He's still only 23 years old, but even then he's not guaranteed another shot.

That being said, he's probably done. It's the work ethic so far that has killed him. Him being out of shape continually and not improving is what's done him in. The likelyhood of him completing any of the above is a real long shot.

Agree....Dude has had way to many DNP-Fat

He should probably head to China to earn a solid living and maybe gain some confidence.

It's working out for @Wamu favorite guy...Jammin Jimmer who couldn't buy his way on the floor.

wpid-i_58_f0_61_182935759.jpg

Jimmer Fredette is a big, huge star again in China. Jimmer leads the Chinese Basketball Association in scoring with 38.4 points per game and won the league’s 3-point contest during halftime of the All-Star game this weekend. He’s also 11th in the league with 4.7 assists per game and 26th in the league in rebounding with 8.8 a game. He’s shooting 49% from the field and 40% from 3. He’s also signed a deal for his own sneaker with Chinese shoe company 361-degrees. This is exactly how things were supposed to be, just not an entire world away.

– via The Big Lead

China, Jimmer Fredette

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls vs OKC tonight. Butler might not play.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He should probably head to China to earn a solid living and maybe gain some confidence.

It's working out for @Wamu favorite guy...Jammin Jimmer who couldn't buy his way on the floor.

Jimmer Fredette is a big, huge star again in China. Jimmer leads the Chinese Basketball Association in scoring with 38.4 points per game and won the league’s 3-point contest during halftime of the All-Star game this weekend. He’s also 11th in the league with 4.7 assists per game and 26th in the league in rebounding with 8.8 a game. He’s shooting 49% from the field and 40% from 3. He’s also signed a deal for his own sneaker with Chinese shoe company 361-degrees. This is exactly how things were supposed to be, just not an entire world away.

– via The Big Lead

China, Jimmer Fredette
Marbury and Beasley did the same thing

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ Bogut

I'll give you Draymond though, that was some bullshit.

He should have been suspended for the kick to Adams nuts thought he series before, so it was really karma.
You're crazy. Now I'll never argue Bogut being the best center in the league- but he did protect the rim for them and fit in nicely with that team on defense. Anyone who says they didn't miss him in those last two games can't keep it 1-hunid.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It matters in terms of the guys that are on the team. They aren't a completely brand new team- nor do they have a completely new coaching staff. And the guys they've added aren't all rookies. they guys that lead this team -Curry, KD & Dray all know how to close out games.

We don't have to agree- but they know how to get it done. They just have to execute & play on both ends of the court. We see them lose games when they're not defending consistently.

I think they will be fine by Season's end.

Hell, they are pretty great now.

But, Teams like the Griz, Spurs and Cavs will require them to tighten up their shit on both ends of the floor.

Those 3 Teams have bigs that can punish them and perimeter defenders that can slow the Splash Bros down.

Everyone else in the NBA will get drug...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're crazy. Now I'll never argue Bogut being the best center in the league- but he did protect the rim for them and fit in nicely with that team on defense. Anyone who says they didn't miss him in those last two games can't keep it 1-hunid.

Yeah, they miss him big time.

Still, the Warriors will be fine.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knowing what to do and actually executing it, is two different things though. I'm absolutely sure the Warriors know how to close out games. The problem for me is that last game Durant reverted back to iso ball. That can't happen. If it's the last shot of the game, then yes I'm all for that. Durant has the edge over nearly everyone 1 on 1 in the NBA and I'll take my shot with the ball in his hands with the last shot. But in the last minute, offense still needs to be executed.

The Warriors had two successful pick and rolls previous to Durant calling for the ball and Steph giving it up. 1) Steph needs to assert himself and tell Durant no. 2) Durant needs more game savy and realize you keep going to what is working 3) Durant needs to realize he'll get the ball even if the possession doesn't start with him.

Closing out a close game in the last 2 minutes, is much different from many of the Warriors come back victories where they had momentum on their side. When things aren't going your way, finding a way to win is important. That's what the Warriors need to learn how to do. Execute, despite everything going against you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

– via The Big Lead

China, Jimmer Fredette

I'm just shocked that Jammin' Jimmer's no longer in the NBA.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will be fine by Season's end.

Bell they are pretty great now.

But, Teams like the Griz, Spurs and Cavs will require them to tighten up their shit on both ends of the floor.

Those 3 Teams have bigs that can punish them and perimeter defenders that can slow the Splash Bros down.

Everyone else in the NBA will get drug...
Oh I couldn't agree more- they have to stay focused and play one game at a time. But it's scary how good they can be if they keep up a consistent effort on both ends.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just shocked that Jammin' Jimmer's no longer in the NBA.

I'm just sooooo happy the Kings took him and not Klay.

Status
Not open for further replies.