• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might play a few seconds more per game than West.

Mo Speights is under 15 min for the Clippers.

Rotation player.

He is confusing stats/production with minutes.

If it were really all about the stats, Tony Allen would be out of a job.

Tristan would be on a mid level deal.
Doesn't he play in most games?

He has a role, a lane and he stays in it.
hey...we are just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one...not sure why it gets you guys so red-assed for me to believe that guy who has played 1 minute the last 6 games, who is averaging 2.7-1-1 on 38% shooting and got sent to the dleague is not- how i put it in my original post- "Rookies almost NEVER help championship teams. 2nd round rookies pretty much NEVER. To hype this guy as an actual contributor as a rookie is extremely unfair to him and is also delusional."

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McCaw has played in 27 of the Warriors 36 games. So no he hasn't played in most of the Warriors games this year.:D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol Speights? cmon now

16.4 minutes a game- has played in all 38 games- and actually contributes.

If Patrick McCaw had plyed in 38 games, was playing 16.4 minutes a game and putting up 10 points a game- i would without a doubt call him a contributor to the Warriors rotation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaw has played in 27 of the Warriors 36 games. So no he hasn't played in most of the Warriors games this year.:D
is he in the Warriors rotation as we sit here on January 5th in the year of our lord 2017? nobody seems to want to answer that question....hmmm...lol.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Speights? cmon now

16.4 minutes a game- has played in all 38 games- and actually contributes.

If Patrick McCaw had plyed in 38 games, was playing 16.4 minutes a game and putting up 10 points a game- i would without a doubt call him a contributor to the Warriors rotation.

Dude, his role could be to go in the game during the times Klay Thompson needs to go wipe his ass in the locker room every game.

He's still a rotation player.

You are the only one trying to exclude him due to stats.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is he in the Warriors rotation as we sit here on January 5th in the year of our lord 2017?

He's a rookie on the best team in the league. That's right the Cavs aren't the best team in the league, despite what you think. How much PT do you expect him to get? I think it says good things about him as a player that he's even getting any PT this season w/ the talent the Warriors have. Some of your rants are truly bizarre. From bashing Pat Riley (even though his NBA resume speaks for itself) to your insistence that Thompson is a better hoopster than Whiteside. I can't wait to see who you have a problem w/ next!:D

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, his role could be to go in the game during the times Klay Thompson needs to go wipe his ass in the locker room every game.

You are the only one trying to exclude him due to being on the wrong side of that argument- AGAIN.
:fify:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO he keeps bringing up his stats. For the 17461164646th time, McCaw stats are irrelevant. He is still in the rotation

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have just posted this in here instead of making a thread

NBA All-Star Game 2017: LeBron James, Kevin Durant Lead First Voting Results

Voting for the 2017 NBA All-Star Game in New Orleans opened on Christmas Day, and early returns featured the usual suspects in front-running positions.

As seen in the following tweet, courtesy of the game's official Twitter account, the first voting returns were revealed Thursday:

Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James leads all vote-getters, while Cavs teammate Kyrie Irving leads the Eastern Conference backcourt. Golden State Warriors superstars Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry lead the way in the Western Conference.

It's no surprise James, who is vying for his 13th straight All-Star selection, has already seized a voting edge in the East. The 32-year-old has been on a tear to start the 2016-17 season, averaging 25.8 points, 8.5 assists and 7.8 rebounds while shooting 51 percent from the field and 37.5 percent from three.

Dating back to 1946, only Michael Jordan (1988-89), Oscar Robertson (1962-63) and James (2009-10) have maintained averages of at least 25 points, eight dimes and seven boards while shooting better than 50 percent from the floor for an entire season.

Out West, Curry is ahead of the pack at this early juncture among backcourt players, while Durant leads all Western Conference vote-getters.

While Curry may not have more impressive raw numbers than Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook or Houston's James Harden, he has continued to operate as one of the league's most lethal guards on the Western Conference's best team.

Curry is averaging 24.2 points and 5.8 assists while shooting 46.6 percent from the field and 40 percent from three.

"The way he shoots the basketball coming off of curls, off the dribble, off the catch, guys flying at him, it's amazing to see," Durant said of Curry, per the Associated Press (via USA Today). "When he shoots the ball I think every shot's going in."

As a reminder, All-Star voting will function a bit differently this year. Fan participation will account for 50 percent of the total votes, while players and a select group of media members will combine to account for the other 50 percent.

The 2017 NBA All-Star Game will tip off from the Big Easy on Feb. 19. Voting is set to close Jan. 16.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a rookie on the best team in the league. That's right the Cavs aren't the best team in the league, despite what you think. How much PT do you expect him to get? I think it says good things about him as a player that he's even getting any PT this season w/ the talent the Warriors have. Some of your rants are truly bizarre. From bashing Pat Riley (even though his NBA resume speaks for itself) to your insistence that Thompson is a better hoopster than Whiteside. I can't wait to see who you have a problem w/ next!:D
Wamu I AGREE WITH YOU- its why i said he was going to contribute next to nil like he has--- as i said- Ian Clark is 25- entering his prime- and has been in the Warriors system the last couple years- OF COURSE he is going to get PT over a rookie who has no clue whats going on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have just posted this in here instead of making a thread

NBA All-Star Game 2017: LeBron James, Kevin Durant Lead First Voting Results

Voting for the 2017 NBA All-Star Game in New Orleans opened on Christmas Day, and early returns featured the usual suspects in front-running positions.

As seen in the following tweet, courtesy of the game's official Twitter account, the first voting returns were revealed Thursday:

Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James leads all vote-getters, while Cavs teammate Kyrie Irving leads the Eastern Conference backcourt. Golden State Warriors superstars Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry lead the way in the Western Conference.

It's no surprise James, who is vying for his 13th straight All-Star selection, has already seized a voting edge in the East. The 32-year-old has been on a tear to start the 2016-17 season, averaging 25.8 points, 8.5 assists and 7.8 rebounds while shooting 51 percent from the field and 37.5 percent from three.

Dating back to 1946, only Michael Jordan (1988-89), Oscar Robertson (1962-63) and James (2009-10) have maintained averages of at least 25 points, eight dimes and seven boards while shooting better than 50 percent from the floor for an entire season.

Out West, Curry is ahead of the pack at this early juncture among backcourt players, while Durant leads all Western Conference vote-getters.

While Curry may not have more impressive raw numbers than Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook or Houston's James Harden, he has continued to operate as one of the league's most lethal guards on the Western Conference's best team.

Curry is averaging 24.2 points and 5.8 assists while shooting 46.6 percent from the field and 40 percent from three.

"The way he shoots the basketball coming off of curls, off the dribble, off the catch, guys flying at him, it's amazing to see," Durant said of Curry, per the Associated Press (via USA Today). "When he shoots the ball I think every shot's going in."

As a reminder, All-Star voting will function a bit differently this year. Fan participation will account for 50 percent of the total votes, while players and a select group of media members will combine to account for the other 50 percent.

The 2017 NBA All-Star Game will tip off from the Big Easy on Feb. 19. Voting is set to close Jan. 16.
holy crap- kyrie looks to be a shoe-in....he an add another All star game and All NBA team to his resume after this year ;)

Reactions: TJL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

real real simple question no one has answered. Well 2 questions

As we sit here today in the Year of our Lord January 5, 2017- is Patrick McCaw in the Warriors rotation?

this is my original post- "Rookies almost NEVER help championship teams. 2nd round rookies pretty much NEVER. To hype this guy as an actual contributor as a rookie is extremely unfair to him and is also delusional."

would you say my original post is incorrect?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U got smacked around its all good. U tried to make stuff up and got caught. LOL

Whatever you say. And where do you get this "smacked around" from? I don't think you know what this term means.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
real real simple question no one has answered. Well 2 questions

As we sit here today in the Year of our Lord January 5, 2017- is Patrick McCaw in the Warriors rotation?

this is my original post- "Rookies almost NEVER help championship teams. 2nd round rookies pretty much NEVER. To hype this guy as an actual contributor as a rookie is extremely unfair to him and is also delusional."

would you say my original post is incorrect?

Yes. Norris Cole was a late 1st rounder. But he was an integral part of the Heat's title in 2012 against the Thunder. Also, McCaw has been in the Warriors rotation. May not see much playoff time, but he's in the regular season rotation. He'll probably assume Iggy's role when the Warriors move on from him later on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Norris Cole was a late 1st rounder. But he was an integral part of the Heat's title in 2012 against the Thunder. Also, McCaw has been in the Warriors rotation. May not see much playoff time, but he's in the regular season rotation. He'll probably assume Iggy's role when the Warriors move on from him later on.
no one has answered my 2 questions directly...they have done great "attorney-like" squirming to answer the question they want to answer--- but no one seems willing/able to answer these 2 VERY VERY simple questions:

would you say my original post is incorrect and i have been proven wrong by McCaw's play?

of course i dont expect anyone to actually answer this because they are VERY VERY SIMPLE answers that everyone already knows.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you say. And where do you get this "smacked around" from? I don't think you know what this term means.
its just funny

if the Bulls finished with home court in the first round of the playoffs- or missed the playoffs entirely- neither outcome would surprise me one bit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO he keeps bringing up his stats. For the 17461164646th time, McCaw stats are irrelevant. He is still in the rotation
so - if he played 1 minute every night- and finished the season with 82 games, and 82 minutes- you are saying you would consider him part of the Warriors rotation becuase he played every game right? okay...fair enough...if that is YOUR definition- i cant disagree with that.

so last night- MCCaw played 1 minute and got 1 rebound....that means he was part of the Warriors rotation last night in your point of view...okay

if that is your definition i cant argue with you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so - if he played 1 minute every night- and finished the season with 82 games, and 82 minutes- you are saying you would consider him part of the Warriors rotation becuase he played every game right? okay...fair enough...if that is YOUR definition- i cant disagree with that.

so last night- MCCaw played 1 minute and got 1 rebound....that means he was part of the Warriors rotation last night in your point of view...okay

if that is your definition i cant argue with you.

The problem w/ you saying he'll play in all 82 games for 1 minute (which is silly) is he's already missed some games due to injury and/or illness. He's played in 27 of 36 games & averages just under 12 minutes per game. Seriously what's your issue w/ him?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just funny

if the Bulls finished with home court in the first round of the playoffs- or missed the playoffs entirely- neither outcome would surprise me one bit.

I wouldn't either. But hey, this man was talking shit about being the Cavs' biggest challenge in the East. At 18-18, they've been one of the biggest disappointments in the NBA. At least I was realistic with my team, I knew we weren't going to be good. Moral of the story - learn when to take off the homer glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.